Monster Turbine Gold vs Copper
Sep 8, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #47 of 63

Quote:
Nope ie8's are off the list, I want something that I can listen to when I've had to much bass. Not sure 8's will give me that requirement.

i thought the IE8s have an adjustable bass feature, isn't that what you want?

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #48 of 63

Quote:
i thought the IE8s have an adjustable bass feature, isn't that what you want?

Even on the lowest setting they have more thump then the Copper's IMO.  I'm not sure about the Gold's. 

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #49 of 63
Have never listened to the golds, but as a five weeks and counting coppers owner, I can definitely say the bass is more then adequate. Most imnportantly, make sure you get a good seal. Monster includes a very decent variety of tips to choose from.

Sep 9, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #51 of 63

Quote:
@JoeyRusso - as a W3 owner and an ex MTPC owner.  which has more bass?  whats the difference?  what music are the W3's geared for?

Hands down the W3's have much more bass than the Copper's.  The bass has almost as much impact as the IE8, but it has more detail IMO.  I love the W3's for all genre's of music, because their presentation suits my taste.  If you look at my profile, you'll see that I listen to just about everything and I haven't found a song in my library that I didn't like through the Westone's.  They aren't neutral, that's for sure, but they sound great to me.  I enjoyed the MTPC's but I wanted more bass and found it in the W3's.  I hope that answered your question.

Sep 9, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #52 of 63
I wanted you to say no, the MTPC's have more or the same.  But it did answer my question though thanks. :frowning2:

I can get the MTPC's with controltalk for the same price as the W3's. I use the iphone 4 as my music source so controltalk would be really handy.

Besides not having controltalk, the L shaped plug on the W3 wont fit through the hole in my official apple bumper, which is very annoying as well.

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #53 of 63

Quote:
I wanted you to say no, the MTPC's have more or the same.  But it did answer my question though thanks. :frowning2:

I can get the MTPC's with controltalk for the same price as the W3's. I use the iphone 4 as my music source so controltalk would be really handy.

Besides not having controltalk, the L shaped plug on the W3 wont fit through the hole in my official apple bumper, which is very annoying as well.

Then perhaps you should get the Golds with Controltalk.  The gold's are supposed to have more impact. Check out ljokerl's review thread for more details.

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #54 of 63

Quote:
Then perhaps you should get the Golds with Controltalk.  The gold's are supposed to have more impact. Check out ljokerl's review thread for more details.

I had read that golds have more bass than coppers.  But I've also read that the coppers are better all round.  Plus there must be a reason the coppers are priced that much higher than gold in the US.  In the UK, golds and coppers are the same hefty price (£250/$385 with controltalk).

The psycology there for me is like having two models of the same car; from the outside (except for the paint) they look the same, except for: you know one engine has been tricked up, pimped out, moded, whatever you want to call it but you have to choose without knowing and pay exactly the same amount of money.

To avoid that dilemmaI am thinking, get the Westone 3's, they are the same price wherever you go. Except for the UX3 whatsitsnames, but everywhere says they are bass light anyway.

Oct 27, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #56 of 63

Quote:
Can anyone explain why the copper is $100 more than the gold?

the prices really depends on whom you purchase from, I called onecall.com and bought mine for $220, the golds were $170 if I remember correctly

James

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #57 of 63

Quote:
Can anyone explain why the copper is $100 more than the gold?

They are more technically proficient and considered more 'reference' phones.

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #58 of 63
I can guess two reasons why the Golds are cheaper than the Coppers.  The Golds have a more "fun" sound, a more pronounced bass.  Perhaps more people want this type of sound signature, and therefore, the return rate is lower.  Another guess is that by having a differentiation in the price, the Coppers become a more elite item, garnering more profit for Monster.  Either of these choices would not be unusual for a company to make.  A company charges what the market will bear.  The better the perception of the product, the better the perceived value.  This is right and proper in a free market society.  Apple gets more value and profit from its products than others offering similar devices due to their unique infrastructure value proposition.

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #59 of 63
Well, my Golds have recently bit the dust. Warranty is not an option for me, as I bought them used on this very forum about... let me check... roughly over half a year ago. Yeah, I did treat them pretty rough, and needless to say, I'm regretting it now. I'm listening to my partially-defective RE0 right now (the right channel is louder than the left), and missing the Golds already.

Since I liked the general sound signature of the Golds, I'm looking at the Coppers as possible replacements; I'd like to buy them from an authorized seller, so I'm expecting to pay full price, and man, they're pretty expensive... where did you guys get 'em, and are they backed by Monster? Anyway, I'd most definitely be willing to trade off some bass for better/refined resolution... listening to these RE0's makes me appreciate a nice and detailed crisp-sounding IEM. Should I go for the Coppers? Any similar sounding recommendations? Thanks guys.

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #60 of 63

Quote:
Well, my Golds have recently bit the dust. Warranty is not an option for me, as I bought them used on this very forum about... let me check... roughly over half a year ago. Yeah, I did treat them pretty rough, and needless to say, I'm regretting it now. I'm listening to my partially-defective RE0 right now (the right channel is louder than the left), and missing the Golds already.

Since I liked the general sound signature of the Golds, I'm looking at the Coppers as possible replacements; I'd like to buy them from an authorized seller, so I'm expecting to pay full price, and man, they're pretty expensive... where did you guys get 'em, and are they backed by Monster? Anyway, I'd most definitely be willing to trade off some bass for better/refined resolution... listening to these RE0's makes me appreciate a nice and detailed crisp-sounding IEM. Should I go for the Coppers? Any similar sounding recommendations? Thanks guys.

Sounds like the coppers would be great for you. onecall is good, you get the warranty if you buy new from them (not sure on open box, wouldn't chance it, you went the cheap route and look what it got you), but they tend to ship out the first run of coppers (they had a glue issue), I sent mine in (just the earphones) directly to Monster after calling them first, and, thanks to the great warranty, got a perfect replacement plus a full set of eartips.

Having said that, you should learn to take care of your earphones. Don't be the guy who slammed a door on his cable, then came here and cried that the earphones weren't well made. That actually happened. Or, the guy who pulled his earphones apart when he found a flaw and then came here and cried and cried rather than just using the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back