Monster Turbine Gold vs Copper
Mar 27, 2010 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

CareyPrice31

Montreal Canadiens
What are the differences..? Which pair are better? Is there a big noticeable difference between the two?

I listen to techno, hip hop and love bass (booming sounds).

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean "bass"?

Regardless, the Golds are for you.

Lol, exactly.

Also, should I use the Comply Tips? I am not sure if Monster's "super tips" are good (original tips on the earbuds).

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 63
I used a pair of UE large sungle clange with good results, I also like my Sennheiser large single flange on them. I found the included supertips nice but a bit painfull. You can send an email to Monster and with your bill of sale they will send you the new foam supertips. I tried my comply tips and found they changed the sound to much for me.

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by BNHabs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are the differences..? Which pair are better? Is there a big noticeable difference between the two?

I listen to techno, hip hop and love bass (booming sounds).

Yes ,for big powerfull bass you want the golds,the coppers are more balanced .
atsmile.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #8 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
atsmile.gif

Hi Lucozade, You written great reviews about some very highend IEMs and iam wondering if you compare these three MTP(Gold, Copper, MD) soundstage and bass.

Mar 27, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #9 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
atsmile.gif

Bass is for techno songs right? The Bass is the part where the earphones boom..? Can you explain exactly what Bass is lol?

Mar 27, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #10 of 63
Quote:

Bass is for techno songs right? The Bass is the part where the earphones boom..? Can you explain exactly what Bass is lol?

I dont listen to techno personally, this is electronic music right?
bass is the backbone off the rythem section of music,usally made by the electric bass guitar,or the upright double bass in older music,yes its basiclly the deep boom sound in music.

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #11 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Lucozade, You written great reviews about some very highend IEMs and iam wondering if you compare these three MTP(Gold, Copper, MD) soundstage and bass.

@ zarim, the soundstage on the golds and coppers are much the same ,it stretches out a little bit wider than my ears, pretty much comparable to the soundstage of the custom 3 but with a bit more depth id say. I have yet to hear the mds, hope to soon when funds allow
biggrin.gif
, but from what ericp and search tell me they have a more intimate soundstage than the golds or coppers.

Mar 28, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #13 of 63
Quote:

@Lucozade What tips should I buy for them? I like the Comply with waxguard.

Is the wax guard really useful?

PERSONALLY I DONT LIKE COMPLY FOAM TIPS,THEY DAMPEN THE TREBLE AND MUDDY THE BASS ,BUT BOTH THE GOLDS AND THE COPPERS COME WITH A SET OF COMPYS AND A LARGE SELECTION OF TIPS,TRIPLE FLANGE, LARGE AND SMALL,SINGLE FLANGE TIPS AND SUPER TIPS,SO THERE IS LOTS TO TRY BEFOR BUYING ADDITINAL TIPS LIKE SENNHISER TIPS OR PFE TIPS

Mar 28, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #15 of 63
The Sony Hybrid tips work really well for me. 7.99 @ Best Buy for a set of all sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back