Monster Turbine Gold vs Copper
Oct 28, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #61 of 63

Quote:
Well, my Golds have recently bit the dust. Warranty is not an option for me, as I bought them used on this very forum about... let me check... roughly over half a year ago. Yeah, I did treat them pretty rough, and needless to say, I'm regretting it now. I'm listening to my partially-defective RE0 right now (the right channel is louder than the left), and missing the Golds already.

Since I liked the general sound signature of the Golds, I'm looking at the Coppers as possible replacements; I'd like to buy them from an authorized seller, so I'm expecting to pay full price, and man, they're pretty expensive... where did you guys get 'em, and are they backed by Monster? Anyway, I'd most definitely be willing to trade off some bass for better/refined resolution... listening to these RE0's makes me appreciate a nice and detailed crisp-sounding IEM. Should I go for the Coppers? Any similar sounding recommendations? Thanks guys.

If you like the sound of the Golds, MDs are the way to go.  The Coppers are a different signature.  It is possible you might like the Coppers better than either or less so.

Apr 23, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #62 of 63
I would also like to kno for people who have purchased the monster turbin coppers or golds, I am looking to buy a pair, it will be my first pair of high end headphones (right now I use standard apple headphones) I would like to be able to listen to old music that I have listen to years back and be able to hear the little sounds and detials that my standard headphones couldnt give me, however I do want some bass and some sort of a "kick" but im not looking for the bass to drown the lyrics and other sounds of the song, I mainly listen to hip hop music... so what is a better fit for me? thanks for the help guys!

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #63 of 63

Quote:
I would also like to kno for people who have purchased the monster turbin coppers or golds, I am looking to buy a pair, it will be my first pair of high end headphones (right now I use standard apple headphones) I would like to be able to listen to old music that I have listen to years back and be able to hear the little sounds and detials that my standard headphones couldnt give me, however I do want some bass and some sort of a "kick" but im not looking for the bass to drown the lyrics and other sounds of the song, I mainly listen to hip hop music... so what is a better fit for me? thanks for the help guys!

Coppers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back