Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Apr 6, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #168 of 1,122
its not winter here btw, this is really weird.
they might be defective??
confused.gif

Apr 7, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #169 of 1,122
Just got my pair today. Very nice packaging and very clear details. Definitely a lot of bass. More bass than my Denon C551K. I'm going to burn these Turbines in more to see if there's any improvement.

Well worth the money, IMO.

Apr 7, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #170 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by dC0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my pair today. Very nice packaging and very clear details. Definitely a lot of bass. More bass than my Denon C551K. I'm going to burn these Turbines in more to see if there's any improvement.

Well worth the money, IMO.

Does yours have the same problem i have? see above

Apr 7, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #171 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchneiderStudios /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope, I don't think I have the same problem. Then again, I'm not wearing wool clothing since we've been having great weather here in San Francisco, CA.

Apr 7, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #172 of 1,122
do you wear a lot of metal? lightning rods? electric generators? anything like that? if so, i think i can see the reason you get zaps.

i get shocks with every iem i use, but not with full size phones. but if you don't get zapped by other iems, then it sounds like the turbine is doing something to you that ain't good.

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #175 of 1,122
Quote:

Mine do this too, but only when I stand up rather briskly (and only when my source is stationary, ie: if I stand up briskly WITH my iPod, there is no crackling, but if my iPod is lying on my desk, it will crackle for a tenth of a second. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said something though. By the way, for anyone considering these headphones, get them! They are fun to listen to and it will be hard to beat this sound quality for less than $100. The only complaint I have, aside from the tiny, momentary crackling if you stand up VERY suddenly, are the ear tips. I guess I have tiny ear holes, because even the smallest tips Monster included are a little too big. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #176 of 1,122
Has anyone purchased the Turbines on Ebay from "hi-end-wholesale"? They seem to have the cheapest price ($101 w/free shipping), but I'm a little leary with the look of their site.

MacMall is probably a safer choice. Has anyone had a bad experiency buying them from MacMall? The CSR indicated that they were definitely in stock, even though on the web site it shows availability as "Generally in stock". I need them by next Weds at the latest, but I don't really want to pay for expedited shipping.....

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #177 of 1,122
One other thing: I know the other day that you could get another 5% or so off at MacMall by searching via "Live.com". Now I don't see MacMall come up at all when I search on the Turbines. Any idea if I'm doing something wrong?

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #178 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thksnow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone purchased the Turbines on Ebay from "hi-end-wholesale"? They seem to have the cheapest price ($101 w/free shipping), but I'm a little leary with the look of their site.

MacMall is probably a safer choice. Has anyone had a bad experiency buying them from MacMall? The CSR indicated that they were definitely in stock, even though on the web site it shows availability as "Generally in stock". I need them by next Weds at the latest, but I don't really want to pay for expedited shipping.....

I got mine from "hi-end-wholesale" and they're legit, so you have nothing to worry about. He shipped them the day after I paid, and they got here in 1 day, but that's because we're both in NY.

Apr 8, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #179 of 1,122
I ordered a set from MacMall last Friday, scheduled to arrive Wednesday. No issues, I have done lots of business with them over the years. Very safe, and they take PayPal also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back