Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Mar 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #1,730 of 2,269
Thanks
rolleyes.gif

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #1,732 of 2,269
Just got these in the mail today...the packaging is better than anything I've seen before.

The White Gel Supertips are the most comfy for my ears.  Feels like it can stay in my ears for hours without noticing it.  Didn't like the silicon tips that was already on it by default.  Man, music never sounded so good to me.  Using a VDAC ii DAC to E17 amp, and the music just shines.  Can't wait to hear what it will sound like after burn-in.

Prior to receiving them, I was worried that these being "metal" housing would be heavy, but it's not really.  I still find them fairly light once you put them on.  I've had headphones (i.e. Klipsch S5i) that have remote/mic before, and they weigh a lot more.

Mar 9, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #1,734 of 2,269
i'm hoping for this. i like bass with my electronic music, but these are a bit too much for me right now (less than 2 hours use). Then again I am comparing these to my W3s.  Hopefully the bass will tame with burn in.

Quote:
YES!  They definitely improve after 48hrs.
Personally they sounded good/different out of the box, but then they were really bloated, bass overpowering everything else. I decided to leave them burning in, and probably at 18-24 hours later, they sounded more balanced. 

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #1,735 of 2,269

Quote:
i'm hoping for this. i like bass with my electronic music, but these are a bit too much for me right now (less than 2 hours use). Then again I am comparing these to my W3s.  Hopefully the bass will tame with burn in.

I am still burning mine up but I might be asking them to do too much. I would like them to be an good all rounder for different types of music but these earphones cannot handle very fast drumming or very aggressive fast kick drums or double bass. When you play any really agressive metal the double kick drums merge into one and it doesn't sound natural and makes it sound really sloppy. When you play slower metal songs then they sound good up to a certain speed. I tried Skrillex and the bass on slower parts of the song sounds like the best bass ever but as soon as the song picks up speed then it gets really messy. Classic Rock songs sound good on these but don't ask them to play anything with lots of fast bass and quick changes.

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #1,737 of 2,269
Damn wish i had them on me right now.  I'll try listen to some skrillex tonight.  I let them burn in over night for 6 hours so now have a total of about 8.  Listened to it VERY briefly this morning and it appears that the bass has toned down a bit.  Will see how it does with more burn in.

Quote:
I am still burning mine up but I might be asking them to do too much. I would like them to be an good all rounder for different types of music but these earphones cannot handle very fast drumming or very aggressive fast kick drums or double bass. When you play any really agressive metal the double kick drums merge into one and it doesn't sound natural and makes it sound really sloppy. When you play slower metal songs then they sound good up to a certain speed. I tried Skrillex and the bass on slower parts of the song sounds like the best bass ever but as soon as the song picks up speed then it gets really messy. Classic Rock songs sound good on these but don't ask them to play anything with lots of fast bass and quick changes.

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #1,740 of 2,269
Well I have had mine since yesterday burned them in for 12 hours over night with 3-4 hours of use last night and another 4 so far today so roughly 20 hours in loving them so far. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back