Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Mar 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #1,712 of 2,269
Yesterday I listened to the whole Miles Davis CD these boys came with.

WOW

They really did a great job with these phones. I am loving them more each hour, and probably will be my favorite iem (the most expensive one as well).

For $115 these imo are excellent value.

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #1,713 of 2,269
I have had my MD for over a year now and love them. I am waiting on my 2nd  time RMA to be returned but despite that, I still enjoy them.

both orders from 2/28 and 2/29 were filled. Just got the one from 2/29 a few minutes a ago, if that helps anybody still waiting

Cheers!

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #1,714 of 2,269

I found a way to keep my Miles Davis Tributes from sliding out
of position. I bought a box of assorted washers from Lowes, took
the tips off, slid the washers that fit onto the earphone, replaced
the tip, and viola! It fits my ear perfectly, I even worked out with
them this morning. It's like a custom fit that only costs pennies.

I also found the AUVIO Silicone Tips from Radio Shack give me the best sound, 2nd
best is Sony Hybrid.

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #1,716 of 2,269
for whom it may concern or apply to:

called monster today to ask about the status of my order.  i ordered them on the 2nd, (last friday), and while i wasn't supposed to get them til tomorrow, i hadn't ever received a confirmation email for my purchase, so i called to see what was up.  the woman on the other end of the phone told me that by the time i ordered, they were out of MDTs and expecting a second batch in tomorrow or monday, and that i would get an email when my order finally shipped.  

she also said the she wasn't aware of this deal until after they had entirely sold out, and was kicking herself for missing such a absurdly great deal!

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #1,722 of 2,269
Got my discount MMDTs today (I can't resist a good deal on high-end IEMs...). I listened for about 5 minutes, thinking to myself they were the most godawful pair of crap headphones I've ever heard, truly bizarre sound sig and just all-around awful in really unusual ways. I was really losing my faith in head-fiers with all the good reviews of these! Then I realized it wasn't plugged in QUITE all the way - after I pushed it in, it started sounding A LOT better...
biggrin.gif
  Man, I really had myself going for a minute there...

Probably am going to put them in the for sale forum though, my taste tends towards less bass and these are a bit heavy for me. But I'll give them a chance first...

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #1,723 of 2,269
Sarah dang you haha, reading your post at start I was like sweet she's ready to sell them. I'm so mad now that I didn't buy a pair for my girlfriend. I'm furious over that one. Can't wait till someone tires of them and puts them up for what they paid for them during sale.

Anyway I tried the tips on my Senn 880's and yep , my fault for never trying tips other than the crap rubber ones every IEM comes with..because now IEM's have become hassle free. And seal proper giving you all each IEM can muster. The 880's are nice but yea they're no MD by any stretch of the imagination. I agree with many posts here that the MD is just doing each thing well enough to be a great pair of IEM. Not the best probably but they are surely great. I also for now at least kinda agree with another posters thoughts on the bass. It can sometimes tend to be a little much. It's very good but feels like to much at times, but maybe it'll settle down some after more than couple hours of use I have on them. Man I just didn't want to go to bed after being up all night and getting them at 8am. I must not have went to bed at all until after noon I bet. I couldn't stop listening to them. And I slept for 5 hours and started listening to them again right away.

For the price of $130 we all just stole from Monster because these things at that price are Glorious , pure Joy.

Mar 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #1,724 of 2,269
I am liking the brown box.
I think I might get a few more just to open them to see all the goodies.
I can not get enough of unboxing videos, I think I might have a problem you all

Mar 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #1,725 of 2,269

Quote:
I am liking the brown box.
I think I might get a few more just to open them to see all the goodies.
I can not get enough of unboxing videos, I think I might have a problem you all

Lol, I just read your sig after reading that.  
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back