Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Mar 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #1,688 of 2,269
You should at least give them a couple days of burn-in, and listen to them a bit longer to allow yourself to adjust to the sound-sig. One thing I've learned is that we often reject new sound-sigs that are different from what we already know and enjoy. And at least try them with some jazz and hip-hop. They sound fabulous with Miles' Stella by Starlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yh8nnu0jfw&ob=av2n

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #1,689 of 2,269
I received mine as well, and so far my impressions are superb.
These are very good phones and for the $115 i paid for them they sure are excellent value. It took me a while to test all the gazillion tips it comes with, but I found about 4-5 that are excellent fit, the rest well they are just staying there. The accessories are great. I on the other hand would not have paid $299 or $399 that they were being sold for. I am not so fond of the cable, kinda feels flimsy for such expensive phones, the Shure SE215 has a better cable imo. But these boys are so much clearer, it just sounds good. Glad to have picked them up from the sale. With lifetime warranty I am more than happy, but still hoping they will not break at all :)

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #1,690 of 2,269

Quote:

Thanks for this, it looks so fancy,  real audio companies could learn some imaginery and aesthetics from monster.

I wholeheartedly agree.
I value the MTPG's at around £90, but £120 with all their tips etc.

Quote:
I just got them to cancel my payment .... All I have found on the web is $300 plus pricing for the MDs ... where are people getting a good deal on REAL ones please ?

from the monster site...can't believe you went for that site LOL
I'm almost certain on the real monster site, its also listed as a fake dealer.

Quote:
What!? Down, you were not joking!? 

It made me laugh a little...not going to lie

Quote:
You should at least give them a couple days of burn-in, and listen to them a bit longer to allow yourself to adjust to the sound-sig. One thing I've learned is that we often reject new sound-sigs that are different from what we already know and enjoy. And at least try them with some jazz and hip-hop. They sound fabulous with Miles' Stella by Starlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yh8nnu0jfw&ob=av2n

Indeed with any DD's you really should give them burn-in - its not fair to give a DD a first impression, then box em up.
BA's on the other hand, you will need some brain burn-in instead

Quote:
I received mine as well, and so far my impressions are superb.
These are very good phones and for the $115 i paid for them they sure are excellent value. It took me a while to test all the gazillion tips it comes with, but I found about 4-5 that are excellent fit, the rest well they are just staying there. The accessories are great. I on the other hand would not have paid $299 or $399 that they were being sold for. I am not so fond of the cable, kinda feels flimsy for such expensive phones, the Shure SE215 has a better cable imo. But these boys are so much clearer, it just sounds good. Glad to have picked them up from the sale. With lifetime warranty I am more than happy, but still hoping they will not break at all :)

That's what I love, or that's why people buy them (head-fi) - due to their poor-ish build quality (speaking from the turbines here), if it wasn't for the lifetime warranty, or at least a long one, much less people I fee would buy them.
Its kind of sad that they NEED this warranty in order to "survive"

I swear monster cable, made cables. So why don't they work on the durability a lil more...

Mar 7, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #1,691 of 2,269
Wow .... Love thy neighbor my ass !   You guys are fuggin brutal.  I run a business and do not have time to mess with researching what is real or not. Look a few posts up on this thread ... Some member just stated he paid just over $100 for his own REAL pair, so why in hell shouldn;t I expect the ones i bought, ALSO for $100 to be genuine ?  
Sheesh guys ... a little less bashing and a little more help offered to someone to find a good price would be the friendly thing to do, but then maybe the Headfi community has gone to **** since i was last involved .....

Mar 7, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #1,692 of 2,269

Quote:
Wow .... Love thy neighbor my ass !   You guys are fuggin brutal.  I run a business and do not have time to mess with researching what is real or not. Look a few posts up on this thread ... Some member just stated he paid just over $100 for his own REAL pair, so why in hell shouldn;t I expect the ones i bought, ALSO for $100 to be genuine ?  
Sheesh guys ... a little less bashing and a little more help offered to someone to find a good price would be the friendly thing to do, but then maybe the Headfi community has gone to **** since i was last involved .....

Hey, I never meant to bash you or whatever. I just genuinely thought you were joking....I actually thought YOU were making fun of US. To be honest, I don't think any of what was said could be considered "bashing" you. 

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #1,693 of 2,269

Quote:
Hey, I never meant to bash you or whatever. I just genuinely thought you were joking....I actually thought YOU were making fun of US. To be honest, I don't think any of what was said could be considered "bashing" you. 

I'm not bothered by all the criticisim, just the lack of any real help from my fellow audio friends. Having a laugh at my expense is no big deal, but at least tell me where to get REAL MDs for $250 or less  LOL.

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #1,694 of 2,269

Quote:
Getting nervous about my pair, they have been sitting in PHOENIX, AZ since the 2nd.  Thanks FedEx, I hope they didn't get lost.

06:09 am ON FEDEX VEHICLE FOR DELIVERY
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back