Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Mar 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #1,742 of 2,269
what did you do with this? Decore a comply and the stretch it completly over a super tip?

Quote:
The Love Child of a Monster SuperTip and a Comply.  I used an old pair of SuperTips I had from my MTPC days that were falling apart and a old ratty Comply.  I like them enough that I think I will hack apart a new Comply.

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #1,744 of 2,269
Quote:
Sarah dang you haha, reading your post at start I was like sweet she's ready to sell them. I'm so mad now that I didn't buy a pair for my girlfriend. I'm furious over that one. Can't wait till someone tires of them and puts them up for what they paid for them during sale.

Well, you're in luck, I'll be putting them up for sale as soon as I get a minute to take pics.

I let them burn in all night and all day and put in a few hours of ear time. They're just not for me, and I like the earphones I already have better... I feel like the bass and treble are great, but the bass is a bit too much for my taste, and the mids are too warm... I love lean and clean transparent mids... these are very warm and sweet which I'm sure a lot of people will like. But I tend to like music with a bit of an edge to it.

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #1,746 of 2,269
You know, If I were to describe a literary movement with a pair of IEMs, the Tributes would be the Romantics. So far, with no burn in, i see that there is a very decent bit of bass with mids that are romanticized and the highs are still very good: nothing to be criticized for. Will wait for the burn in to see how everything turns out.

Mar 10, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #1,747 of 2,269
Has anyone figured out how to use the damn hard case monster gives you? It looks nice, it's durable and it's compact but I have no idea how to fit my IEMs in there. If someone has figured it out, can you take a picture and show me? The damn cords are so hard to fit in there. 

Mar 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #1,748 of 2,269
Has anyone figured out how to use the damn hard case monster gives you? It looks nice, it's durable and it's compact but I have no idea how to fit my IEMs in there. If someone has figured it out, can you take a picture and show me? The damn cords are so hard to fit in there. 

I wrapped it loosely around three fingers and then pinched the loop together in the middle (like an 8) and wrapped a piece of velcro around it. Not crazy about it, but it will make them fit in the case (if you leave enough slack to put the earpieces in their place).

Mar 10, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #1,751 of 2,269
^^^You sir, think outside the box.
wink.gif

Actually that case isn't as impractical as I thought. I just tried it again, using the three-finger loop and leaving slack in the cable leading up the the earpieces. Worked pretty well. Does anyone else have a case where that little ribbon that says Monster on it has come detached? Any solutions there?

Mar 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #1,753 of 2,269

Quote:

The easiest way to deal with it. Not the more pretty but it's far easier to do quickly and works better than pretending it'll all stay nice and neat in place like you'd want to do.

You sir, are a real man of genius. 

Mar 11, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #1,754 of 2,269
I am starting to really like these now! I messed around with my EQU app on my iPhone some more and after taming the bass some, I really like what I hear. Quite jaw dropping appreciation when I play music that these earphones were intended for. They reveal so much of the recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back