Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Jan 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #827 of 2,269
just a quick observation, sometime when i take out my turbineGold...
the two earpieces knocked together with a metalic CLINK sound...becos its quite weighty.
beerchug.gif

tot thats a simple quick way to TEST if what u bought is PLASTIC or METAL.

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #828 of 2,269

Quote:
I have a 2nd generation ipod touch. Should I get a fiio e5 for the md's?

I would just save up for a better amp like an e11 or just go w/ the Touch.

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #829 of 2,269

And it should be a lot colder than the room temperature coz its metal.
Quote:
just a quick observation, sometime when i take out my turbineGold...
the two earpieces knocked together with a metalic CLINK sound...becos its quite weighty.
beerchug.gif

tot thats a simple quick way to TEST if what u bought is PLASTIC or METAL.

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #831 of 2,269
Whoa you mean "some"? How many of these did you bought? o.o

Jan 6, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #833 of 2,269
Haha..I hope I like them too. Sad thing, I bought them because they would get here quicker than the TF10's I'm having reshelled. But I'm excited for having two new toys to play with soon.

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #834 of 2,269

Quote:
Haha..I hope I like them too. Sad thing, I bought them because they would get here quicker than the TF10's I'm having reshelled. But I'm excited for having two new toys to play with soon.

Be gentle w/ tip insertion and burn-in.  There are instructions on how to insert them.  If they sound too warm, bassy and highs cut off, Meelec tips will help.

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #837 of 2,269

Quote:
Dont worry about pink noise or white noise. Just play your normal music at a louder volume than you are used to for around 48 hours before listening. Anything more than that is just placebo.

Quote:
What is a good gentle way to burn them in? Thank you!

with the MD's...I wouldn't try playing them at a slightly louder than average listening volume...the drivers seem really delicate

Jan 8, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #840 of 2,269

Quote:
Haha if I can get my hands on some more then I'll be sure to do that. So just burn them in at normal volume for 48 hours?

I wouldn't do that either, i'll just use them normally until they are burned in, the drivers are really delicate, when I had my MD's, i didn't get a good seal in my right ear, so i removed it, and reinserted the phone and the driver was busted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back