Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Jan 8, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #842 of 2,269
Ok thank you for the burn advice! I will just use them normally! And sorry not to rub it in but I just checked the bank statement $159.98 not 170 :/ I will keep my eye peeled for good deals 0_0

Jan 9, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #843 of 2,269

Quote:
Quote:
Haha if I can get my hands on some more then I'll be sure to do that. So just burn them in at normal volume for 48 hours?

I wouldn't do that either, i'll just use them normally until they are burned in, the drivers are really delicate, when I had my MD's, i didn't get a good seal in my right ear, so i removed it, and reinserted the phone and the driver was busted...

Ahh.. It must have been a more defect-prone pair, My first pair encountered defect too, Let it burn in for a continuous 100 hours, And when i really plug them into my ears for a outdoor ride, apparently it din even took more than 6 hours for the left driver to go busted. Current pair is sturdy though i wouldn't say if its the original material they used for the initial few batches of MDs.

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #845 of 2,269

Quote:
100 hours?!? can someone explain this whole burn-in process.

okay, supposedly, burn in works like this, just like leather seating in a car, as the headphone are used more and more, Diaphragm loosens up as well, making it easier for the headphone to reproduce the full range of sounds. with these headphones, I highly recommend just using them normally. there are many methods of headphone burn in BTW, just search it up on google

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #846 of 2,269
And yes, Jude (was it his name? >.<) coverage on CES apparently uncovered the perhaps mass-production version of MDs.

It seems more toned down in size but i felt it become more closer to Davis's trumpet in design, so it will be a lil debate which of the two MD design is more loud, not to say i have seen the actual one apart from the photos covering the CES =)

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #847 of 2,269

Quote:
And yes, Jude (was it his name? >.<) coverage on CES apparently uncovered the perhaps mass-production version of MDs.

It seems more toned down in size but i felt it become more closer to Davis's trumpet in design, so it will be a lil debate which of the two MD design is more loud, not to say i have seen the actual one apart from the photos covering the CES =)

those things look absolutely freaky...just my opinion...

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #848 of 2,269
Haha I wouldn't try to stick those in my ears, Those look like a design disaster from a Bazooka Firearm Manafacturer but ended coming up with the design of a deformed trumpet >.< To each people their taste though, There might actually be people who differs from us and found those new designs appealing.. But apart from the blue flat cabling, for the rest of that design please count me out~ Hmm

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #849 of 2,269

Quote:
Haha I wouldn't try to stick those in my ears, Those look like a design disaster from a Bazooka Firearm Manafacturer but ended coming up with the design of a deformed trumpet >.< To each people their taste though, There might actually be people who differs from us and found those new designs appealing.. But apart from the blue flat cabling, for the rest of that design please count me out~ Hmm

hey, remember the musket elmer fudd would always use to pop a cap in bugs bunnies buttocks?

Jan 11, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #850 of 2,269

Quote:
Quote:

hey, remember the musket elmer fudd would always use to pop a cap in bugs bunnies buttocks?

Haha Shhh *hush hush*, The Looney Toons General Product Franchise might just buy the design from Monster and guess what? A Generic Musket "Turbine" Pro with the Bugs Bunny Logo in stead of the Mile Davis Silhouette selling at drug stores for 5 bucks each.

Jan 12, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #852 of 2,269
i still can't get over how freaky they look...frankly, i like the turbine golds better (in appearance)

Jan 12, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #853 of 2,269

Quote:
i still can't get over how freaky they look...frankly, i like the turbine golds better (in appearance)

Oh man i am just glad i have the MDs with me now looking at them i won wanna sell these fine alpha designed one away~

No way i am getting the trumpets >.< but HEY! ericp10 loves them, Maybe Jazz-Maniacs sees thing different way, The Design might just look divine to them even if one day Looney Toons buy the designs over and replace the Miles Davis Logo with a Laughing Bugs Bunny Logo
popcorn.gif

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:10 AM Post #854 of 2,269
I've ordered some MDs through a playtrader at Play.com priced at £160 when they usually retail for £300.

I fully expect them to be fake, but I'm trying to have a bit of faith in humanity. I contacted the seller and she said she cannot prove they are real, but insisted they were priced low to clear old stock. Also the seller doesn't have any feedback yet which is worrying. I like to think the seller responding to my enquiry rather than ignoring it is a good sign.

I definitely think I have lost my money here, but I'm really hoping they turn out to be real and if not perhaps I can dispute this through Play.

From a youtube unboxing vid of a fake it seems the tell tale sign is if the gold part is plastic instead of metal.

Anything else I should look out for on a fake?

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #855 of 2,269

Users who are viewing this thread

Back