Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Mar 24, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #1,906 of 2,269

Quote:
FYI,
This is what I got when I RMA my MD that  I bought back in Dec 2010. 

Interesting
evil_smiley.gif

How do you like 'em compared with MDT?

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #1,912 of 2,269

Quote:
Actually gonna pay about $186 for them, including shipping to the Netherlands (no discount coupon). I would like to use them outside, school, etc. Perhaps in my bed at night too! I would use them as kind of a main audio source though. I have a ~ 100 euro sound system, so I doubt I'll literally have these in all day. Maybe like 1-2 hours a day. Basically I want to use these everywhere. So I'm not sure if I should buy these, or something like a portable headphone.

This is what I fear, as well. I think it might be better to buy these Miles Davis' now, and buy a good headphone or something (HD598?) for home use later, when I get more money.

Where do you buy them for 186$ inc. shipping? (i'm Dutch to, hoi.)

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #1,913 of 2,269
Well these Tributes are interesting. The left housing fell apart and I had to use some super glue to glue the housing back together. Besides this minor annoyance. They sound great. Bassy with forward mids and detailed highs. I like it..I missed the recent deal on them but bought them used from another headfier.  He ended up gluing the right housing as well.

So a bit of warning. If you guys end up pulling your earphones a part for some reason just use a dab of super glue on them. I somehow feel this is what they should have done in the first place as both earpieces came apart. That would probably prevent something like 50% of their returns I bet.. My question is how can an earphone with an msrp of $400 be sold with such shoddy construction? Lol!  Otherwise for my first Monster earphones. These are very enjoyable and musical sounding earphones..

I think if I spent the $300 they have them for on Amazon. I would be pissed. But for the cost they certainly sound good. 

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #1,915 of 2,269

Quote:
then I am pissed, becos my first pair cost me $330 , lol

Somehow with all the nice packaging tips pouches and CD and such. They certainly feel like you are getting your monies worth. It is the shoddy construction that is funny to me..Why go to this length to impress when in the end the housing pulls apart like they were never attached in the first place..Ya guys if your earphones look solid to you. Don't try pulling them apart as more than likely they will. In a way I am glad this happened because at least I was able to fix the issue without returning them. It could have been worse where they fully pull apart breaking the earphones. They are so much more solid now as they ain't coming apart anymore.

I can't imagine how many folks that bought these to have their earphones pull apart like that freak out to do the return process.. I mean who at Monster can't see that this is an issue and all they have to do is simply glue the 2 sides together.. That would save them SO much money and time and head aches. It is just comedy at it's finest.

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #1,916 of 2,269
I agree with you completely.  first pair came apart after about a month, the second went more than a year, so they are getting better.

I do like them enough to go thru the headache. just make sure it is not the only IEM you have. Can take weeks to come back depending on stock.

Mar 24, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #1,919 of 2,269

Quote:
I really feel like the Miles Davis Tributes should be replaced with the Coppers since they're technically the same drivers just with different tuning. Not to mention the massive MSRP difference. 

Hell no.  I can't listen to the Coppers, too bright and mids too dry.  I'll take the Trumpets anyday.  If you think the MSRP of the Coppers will do anything for you over the Trumpets, hah.  
tongue.gif

Plus you folks could always look at the Trumpets thread for impressions.  
blink.gif

I wonder why my phones never fall apart.  Bizarre.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back