Monster Cable Turbine Pro Copper vs. the IE8, CK10, CK90Pro (modded), RE252, triple.fi 10, FX500, WM2 silver, and Some e-Q7
Apr 16, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #46 of 58
@ Photofan1986: Thanks! And yes, it can be kind of expensive, but hey, gotta spend money on something, right
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #47 of 58
Thanks for the great review! I just received my Coppers today from onecall. I'm really excited to have them. Just settling in after work, a run, and shortly a bite to eat... then it's listen time! My first ever IEM! I know, I know, they aren't burned in but I can't help myself! All the reviews and impressions were extremely helpful in choosing what I was after.

Apr 20, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #49 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ shadoracer: How are you liking them after some burn in?

Hey Joe. You'll probably raise an eyebrow to this but the only burning in that I've done has been a couple hrs of listening! I absolutely love them! I just mentioned in the MTPC appreciation thread how blown away I was right out of the box! So much more of the wow factor over my hd595 cans. I know thats not much of a comparison especially to all the guys who have owned just about everything under the sun but I'm just really thrilled!

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #50 of 58
i enjoyed this one good work

i am surprised you found slightly more treble with the fx 500 than the copper, or even on some,, i thought the fx500 were a bit muffled treble light, but ive read other reviews on the fx500 that also said they were brighter than others, i also found the triple fi highs to be very even and pleasing not overly bright or sybilant,

and the ck phones , are those audio technica or denons or

well done, again this one was a pleasure and i do appreciate it thanks

-let me know if you ever want to sell your wm2

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #52 of 58
Your welcome to all! Yes, the Copper were a pleasant surprise to me and hold up very well to the competition. As far as the FX500 treble, if you are hearing that either there has been a mod to the FX500 (foam added) or your tips may have bent in your ear canal, constraining the treble.

And my WM2 is for sale...the gold already sold..

May 11, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #53 of 58
Hi average joe,

I see that you parted with many of your former phones, and that you kept the RE252. Is there a particular reason for that or are you going to sell this one, too?
Do you prefer them over IE8?
Thanks

May 11, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #54 of 58
Well, I have not A/Bed the RE252 vs the SM3 yet, which is one reason I still have them.  But also, they are a good, flat frequency response IEM.  Kinda like a RE0 with a better stage and bass.  Not that I will listen to them much, but I do need a backup IEM just in case.

And which do I prefer, the RE252 vs. the IE8...depends on the music.  The IE8 is amazing with trance, the RE252 is better with many live recordings, but it really comes down to preference.  Not sure if this cleared anything up...

May 12, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #55 of 58
Hi Joe, Does SM3 offer same extended, clean, detailed treble with better midrange than RE0?.

Quote:
Well, I have not A/Bed the RE252 vs the SM3 yet, which is one reason I still have them.  But also, they are a good, flat frequency response IEM.  Kinda like a RE0 with a better stage and bass.  Not that I will listen to them much, but I do need a backup IEM just in case.

And which do I prefer, the RE252 vs. the IE8...depends on the music.  The IE8 is amazing with trance, the RE252 is better with many live recordings, but it really comes down to preference.  Not sure if this cleared anything up...

May 12, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #56 of 58
Is this a setup
wink.gif
?  The SM3 is the most resolving IEM I have heard, but also offers a liquid presentation that is pleasurable.  However it is described, the SM3 brings things to the sound that no other IEM I have heard can do.  That does include treble better than I heard the RE0, or any other IEM for that matter.  Instruments sound dead on, and have intricate details I either couldn't make out properly or didn't know existed.  This point was re-emphasized to me by another owner.

The midrange is fuller, warmer, and still liquid.  The bass has slam and impact.  The space is so much bigger and more accurate than I remember the RE0.  But then it is more accurate than any other IEM I have heard.

So, to me, no, the SM3 does not offer the same treble as the RE0; it is better, as is the rest of the spectrum.  But I would hope it would be for the price difference.

Jul 7, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #57 of 58

Quote:
Is this a setup
wink.gif
The SM3 is the most resolving IEM I have heard, but also offers a liquid presentation that is pleasurable.  However it is described, the SM3 brings things to the sound that no other IEM I have heard can do.  That does include treble better than I heard the RE0, or any other IEM for that matter.  Instruments sound dead on, and have intricate details I either couldn't make out properly or didn't know existed.  This point was re-emphasized to me by another owner.

The midrange is fuller, warmer, and still liquid.  The bass has slam and impact.  The space is so much bigger and more accurate than I remember the RE0.  But then it is more accurate than any other IEM I have heard.

So, to me, no, the SM3 does not offer the same treble as the RE0; it is better, as is the rest of the spectrum.  But I would hope it would be for the price difference.

Great job with this thread, Joe. I really enjoyed reading the comparisons in this thread but unfortunately I haven't got much joy from my Coppers as I just cant find the right tips for them. Pity, they're rather gorgeous looking things but for the most part just sit in the Monster case provided. I'll have to try out more tips, perhaps the PFE tips which I havent yet.

Oh and TOTALLY agree with the above statement re the SM3. Not being a fanboy but it is the only IEM I own and have tried that just gets pumped up about listening to music.

PS: Also great job with the Top Tier Universal IEM comp. chart. Really handy stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back