Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Oct 22, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #7,396 of 8,051
Maybe a tiny ball-join to adjust the angle of reflection I think.
Sorry to be off topic, but to take this to its logical conclusion,If you use two of the horns, that granny used for her hearing,(One for each ear), This gives a huge soundstage, heavy bass, forward mids, but a recessed treble. The main drawback, is the weight, which means you can only wear them for around 3 minutes, before the weight on top of you head, becomes unbearable. Hope this helps.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #7,397 of 8,051
Sorry to be off topic, but to take this to its logical conclusion,If you use two of the horns, that granny used for her hearing,(One for each ear), This gives a huge soundstage, heavy bass, forward mids, but a recessed treble. The main drawback, is the weight, which means you can only wear them for around 3 minutes, before the weight on top of you head, becomes unbearable. Hope this helps.
Sorry I don't know that horns. (maybe have to seach and have a try)
This funny looking discs mainly works for reflection. It adds an intimate favour on the mid, improve imaging and clarity. N̶o̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶s̶t̶a̶g̶e̶/̶F̶R̶/̶d̶y̶n̶a̶m̶i̶c̶ ̶e̶t̶c̶ (Tested, it does). And it's weight less then 10gm.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #7,398 of 8,051
I would love to get a set of those earhook adapters do you have a thingiverse model and a link to the aliexpress earhooks that you use?

Links to the ear hooks are below. Clip size doesn't matter because you throw away the tiny clips that come with the ear hooks and replace with our clips or ones you make yourself.
I do not have permission to post CAD files to thingiverse. I am still making clips for iSine and M300 owners here on headfi. PM me if interested.

Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/PL-Samsung-W...531025807&sr=8-72&keywords=bluetooth+ear+hook

same on Aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5mm...396.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dCGcqHJ

And same again on ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/lot-5-10Pa...var=441361100816&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Here's a thinner clear set as another option. These fit smaller ears a little better than the black ones.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10m...1359-4a4c-a5e6-610d6677d5d7&priceBeautifyAB=0

Oct 24, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #7,399 of 8,051
When the original pads on my M560s wore out I just cut the stock plates out of them and put brainwavz lambskin oval pads on. The standard plates fit snugly into the brainwavz and hold the pads well. I also tried brainwavz velour which are my favourites for comfort but the loss of bass was too much.

That's a great solution. Much easier than printing replacement plates. The new plates I made in the pics posted earlier took three hours to print each side, so six hours total on the 3-D printer, not including post-print clean-up or the design time. My stock cushions are still in new condition so couldn't bring myself to cutting them up.

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #7,400 of 8,051
Been lurking around for a bit. Decided to mod the m1060 v2. Got zmf suede pads coming in.

I noticed people getting custom grills as well. I was wondering if that added anything to the the way the headset will sound? Planning to use the new ZMF pads and doing a fuzzor mod. Will adding a 3rd mod like a custom grill add anything to the headset?

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #7,401 of 8,051
Been lurking around for a bit. Decided to mod the m1060 v2. Got zmf suede pads coming in.

I noticed people getting custom grills as well. I was wondering if that added anything to the the way the headset will sound? Planning to use the new ZMF pads and doing a fuzzor mod. Will adding a 3rd mod like a custom grill add anything to the headset?
A 3D printed grille is an essential mod in my opinion. It's pretty cheap and only does good things to the sound. Better Soundstage, a more even frequency response, and a more natural sound are the biggest benefits. It's easily reversible too. I also think the honeycomb grille looks better than the stock one by that's my personal preference. Just listen to the headphone with the grilles removed to give you an idea of how it will sound with 3D printed ones, getting rid of all of those nasty reflections from the stock grille.

Nov 2, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #7,402 of 8,051
A 3D printed grille is an essential mod in my opinion. It's pretty cheap and only does good things to the sound. Better Soundstage, a more even frequency response, and a more natural sound are the biggest benefits. It's easily reversible too. I also think the honeycomb grille looks better than the stock one by that's my personal preference. Just listen to the headphone with the grilles removed to give you an idea of how it will sound with 3D printed ones, getting rid of all of those nasty reflections from the stock grille.

Thanks for responding!

Great! Where is the best place to get one made? I see there are files created by Vracer111. What materials should I use and what's the average price?

Nov 2, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #7,403 of 8,051
Thanks for responding!

Great! Where is the best place to get one made? I see there are files created by Vracer111. What materials should I use and what's the average price?

I paid a little under $10 (including shipping, which will vary) and I ordered them from @SomeTechNoob. It was printed with black PLA. However, I don't know if he is still printing them atm. I have also had other 3d parts printed at 3dhubs.com when you could order from private people. The local guy I used was quite reasonably priced. Depending on where you live, a local UPS store might be able to print them.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #7,405 of 8,051
I have a black spare pair of grill. Vracer111 -s version. If you are interested I can send it to you. Its very good, the only problem that I dont like in it, is that it makes this big headphone even bigger and bulkier. I have made an own version, thich has slimmer edges. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3196741

Just PM'd you.

Nov 5, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #7,406 of 8,051
I paid a little under $10 (including shipping, which will vary) and I ordered them from @SomeTechNoob. It was printed with black PLA. However, I don't know if he is still printing them atm. I have also had other 3d parts printed at 3dhubs.com when you could order from private people. The local guy I used was quite reasonably priced. Depending on where you live, a local UPS store might be able to print them.

I checked out 3dhubs, it quoted my close to $200 for aluminum. Am I doing something wrong? haha upload_2018-11-5_9-53-31.png

Nov 5, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #7,407 of 8,051
Haha, use plastic(PLA or PETG). Aluminum 3D printing is very expensive, especially the machines.

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #7,409 of 8,051

I also ordered from @SomeTechNoob. They were great to work with. I ended up having him print a bunch of stuff for me. If he is still printing I'd hit him up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back