Monolith M300 In Ear Planar Earphones
Jan 14, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #586 of 659
Are these still 5 year warranty? For $50 I might try it

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #587 of 659
I just picked up a set...for $50 I think it's worth checking out.
....currently perusing Amazon for new cables...
I purchased some memory wire silver plated ones on ebay for about $12 a few years back. Memory wire ones can help hold them up.

Jan 15, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #588 of 659
Are these still 5 year warranty? For $50 I might try it
There was nothing about the sale that indicated it was without the usual warranty. They aren't open box or B stock.

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #589 of 659
Here's my current setup with an 8 core Linsoul cable and JVC Spiral Dots on the M350's

20200115_191147.jpg

If you really struggle with the fit issues of the M300's I do wholeheartedly recommend the M350's even if it's about 3 times the price since the 300's are on sale, but there's no point to having an IEH if you can't keep them in your ear comfortably after all.

For reference this is my EQ for these:
unknown.png

Jan 15, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #590 of 659
How does it compare to the P1? TIA

In my opinion the p1 doesn't stand a chance, the out of the box tuining of the p1 is better tho. The m300 sound a little gimped out of the box. Mids are weird.

Sound wise the m300 is way more capable but the p1 has way better comforts. But the open sound and soundstage of the m300 is not approached by the p1

Jan 15, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #591 of 659
Fair enough. I'm loving the P1 for tonality/timbre.
Will dive in for USD50 :) no brainer actually. I just didn't want to get it if its already similar to the P1.
Thanks for the reply chief.

Jan 15, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #592 of 659
I got my M300 today...interesting so far. The left side cable was obviously stored in a kinked position for a long time because no sound was coming out of it until I massaged it a bit and straightened it out. It's working now, but obviously I need to replace them. Does anyone have any thoughts on either of these?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X19QRKP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2H7EJ1MF7MGUE&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XQS8QZ4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A362GKIOTKAVCS&psc=1

Jan 15, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #593 of 659
Jan 15, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #594 of 659
"The Monolith M300 in ear planar headphones are the perfect way to experience your music collection.
Featuring a 28mm planar driver, these earphones produce a detailed aural landscape and will resolve all the sonic detail from the best recordings.
Spectacular imaging, low distortion, and perfectly balanced sound make the Monolith M300 a true audiophile listening experience."

"The Monolith M350 In-Ear Planar Headphones are the perfect way to experience your music collection.
Featuring a newly designed 31mm planar driver, the M350 produces a detailed aural landscape and resolves all the sonic detail from the best recordings.
The spectacular imaging, low distortion, and perfectly balanced sound make the Monolith M350 a true audiophile listening experience."

I hope someone can measure and confirm the drivers are really different :D By the description they should sound the same :p

Jan 15, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #595 of 659
Looking at the pictures of M300, fit would definitely be an issue since they are not angled O_o
Anyway, the double flange spin fits should help a lot on this issue.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #596 of 659
What are your initial sound impressions?
I don't usually like to comment right away....I've only listened for an hour or so, but the reviews that say 'it doesn't sound like any other IEM' are completely accurate. It really creates an open, 'outside the head' sound. It can be kind of startling sometimes, I tried them with a movie for a few minutes and the sound seemed to be coming from somewhere inside the room.
I have a Fidelio X2hr and a Modhouse Argon ( both headphones known for their soundstage) and the M300 is well within their league, maybe better in some ways. The mids seem relatively forward and a little more like a traditional IEM in terms of placement. It's all pretty balanced, clear and clean. Highs are...almost like the highs on the Sundara...a sort of Goldilocks 'not too hot, not too cold'. No hint of sibilance, but very clear...neither pronounced, nor rolled off. The bass is fine, a little light without some bass boost, but it responds great to a few db boost. These aren't really meant for hip hop or edm for example. They can do it, but it's not where they shine...so far the songs that have given me chills or stopped me in my tracks and made me just appreciate the music have been 'live in studio' type recordings. The M300 puts you right there in the room.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #597 of 659
I own a pair. 69$.
They’re not horrible. But they need more power then my iPhone can provide.
Also I do not like the open back sound. They are ok for classic and soft rock.
But horrible for EDM. And not very good for jazz. The sound to my ears is somewhat muddy.
I don’t like muddy. Lol. But then again the Blon BL03 that so many people like, also sound
Muddy to me. If I were to speak honestly of my personal take on these, I would say they’re not
Worth 69$. If you can get them for 39$ then maybe they’re ok. Barely.
Can you believe they were selling these for close to 150$ at one point. Oh man. Total rip off in my opinion
At that price. Even 69$ is too much for these in my opinion.
my vote is stay away. Unless you can get them for 39$ or less.
good luck

Jan 16, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #598 of 659
I appreciate both Solar1971 and Cruelhand Luke's opinions, thanks for sharing.

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #599 of 659
I own a pair. 69$.
They’re not horrible. But they need more power then my iPhone can provide.
Also I do not like the open back sound. They are ok for classic and soft rock.
But horrible for EDM. And not very good for jazz. The sound to my ears is somewhat muddy.
I don’t like muddy. Lol. But then again the Blon BL03 that so many people like, also sound
Muddy to me. If I were to speak honestly of my personal take on these, I would say they’re not
Worth 69$. If you can get them for 39$ then maybe they’re ok. Barely.
Can you believe they were selling these for close to 150$ at one point. Oh man. Total rip off in my opinion
At that price. Even 69$ is too much for these in my opinion.
my vote is stay away. Unless you can get them for 39$ or less.
good luck
EQ can be your friend.

Jan 16, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #600 of 659
EQ can be your friend.

yes , you are absolutely correct. EQing them does help a lot.
But there is a muddiness to them that I can’t seem to fix.
Sometimes it sounds like the bass bleeds into the mids, and I’m not sure
how an EQ would fix that? They remind me a little bit of the Blon BL03s I have.
I think that in general I like the sound profile of IEMs that use DDs and BAs.
I guess that would be called a hybrid. Those always seem to sound the best to my ears.
At least generally, with only one exception. My TFZ #3 sound so frickin good.
but that’s 109$. Also it’s a dual cavity, dual magnetic, dual coil DD.
I think they call it a Tesla group. Maybe because of the strength of the magnets
equaling 1 Tesla or more. Not sure.
So maybe the IEMs that only use a DD have to be of a higher quality or something for
them to sound good to me. Cheaper stuff doesn’t cut it. Unless it’s a hybrid.
Maybe that’s why the inexpensive Chinese stuff that actually sound good are mostly hybrids.
I’m not sure but thanks for the advice. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back