Monolith M300 In Ear Planar Earphones
Jan 23, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #601 of 659
I just received my pair of sale M300s yesterday, and spent a few hours listening to them out of the R5 balanced on high gain. I replaced the cable right away, and with memory hooks (and wearing them upside down), I don't feel a need to use the earhooks that seem to be such an issue in the thread. Stock cable seemed funky, anyway. I did a lot of digging through my eartip collection and after trying unsuccessfully trying to stretch a few pairs on, I found some bi-flange tips that seem to work OK. I'll have to do some more experimenting.

My stock MSEB setting is doing pretty well with them, and while the bass might need some adjusting, I'm impressed with the SQ so far. The thing that struck me so far was the holographic nature of the presentation and how I can pick out the staging on good FLAC files. It's really good. My wife didn't hear as much leakage as I expected.

Hopefully with some different eartips these won't hurt my ears so much. It's not awful, but the stems are so darn wide. I did order the Audeze Groovy kit, it's back to $10. Maybe once I get the insertion angle right, it will be better. But so far, I'm impressed. They won't be daily drivers, but they are a very enjoyable listen. I'm not sure if they'll ever fit metal music, but on jazz/pop/rock they were really nice for $50.

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #602 of 659
Mine is coming in today can’t wait!

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #603 of 659
Got my M300 in the mail. First impression is that the fit is fine. I tried the stock ear tips and they fit fine with the white ear hooks as well but does not feel like the tip goes in all the way. It’s a no brainer that you need to get a replacement cable with these, and the nozzle on the M300 are huge and wouldn’t fit 95% of my tips. The sound so far is pretty great. The sound signature in my opinion are very slightly dark but not very and definitely not bright. Soundstage is pretty wide. Really good for acoustics and I believe they are great for pop/edm as well and vocal driven music. For $50 they are definitely a keeper and even the non sale price I believe.

What tips and cables do you guys recommend? Do any of you guys use memory cables?

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #604 of 659
Got my M300 in the mail. First impression is that the fit is fine. I tried the stock ear tips and they fit fine with the white ear hooks as well but does not feel like the tip goes in all the way. It’s a no brainer that you need to get a replacement cable with these, and the nozzle on the M300 are huge and wouldn’t fit 95% of my tips. The sound so far is pretty great. The sound signature in my opinion are very slightly dark but not very and definitely not bright. Soundstage is pretty wide. Really good for acoustics and I believe they are great for pop/edm as well and vocal driven music. For $50 they are definitely a keeper and even the non sale price I believe.

What tips and cables do you guys recommend? Do any of you guys use memory cables?

I use the Cema rx cable in then with ear hooks.
15798699317773895163289617177514.jpg
15798699761322768928912370394037.jpg

Jan 24, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #606 of 659
Does Cema go by another name? cannot find these when searching for Cema RX, perhaps it is not available in the USA?

It's a AliExpress item:
#Aliexpress € 36,63 | 6N OCC + OCC Zilver plating 26AWG Speciale Aanbieding Hoofdtelefoon Upgrade Lijn MMCX 0.78MM 2PIN
https://a.aliexpress.com/_sL1QLa

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #608 of 659
Jan 25, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #609 of 659
Does the case even fit the M300?

Jan 25, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #610 of 659
Does the case even fit the M300?
are you talking about the case it comes with?
It TOTALLY fits. I don't know what they are talking about the case is voluminous and the iems fit in it just fine.

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #611 of 659
Jan 25, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #612 of 659
I haven't tried them but I have a few thoughts about them. Brainwvz products in my experience are well made. If you like memory wire, I think this is probably a good choice, especially for the price. To get anything cheaper you have to go through Ali, and all the possible problems that entails. If I hadn't just bought 2 other cables, I probably would have gotten one of these.

Jan 25, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #613 of 659
Brainwavz has 25% off during Chinese New Years.

I'm wondering if the preform ear guide is secure enough to hold down the weight of the hybrid in ear. I think people assume the memory wire can be shaped to anchor down the ear piece. I think mmcx is more flexible than the 2 pin on the isine to wear upside down, because preform and slotted 2 pin makes for tricky fit.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #614 of 659
I haven't tried them but I have a few thoughts about them. Brainwvz products in my experience are well made. If you like memory wire, I think this is probably a good choice, especially for the price. To get anything cheaper you have to go through Ali, and all the possible problems that entails. If I hadn't just bought 2 other cables, I probably would have gotten one of these.
Thanks. I ordered the wired and the Bluetooth version. Hopefully they work out ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back