Monolith M300 In Ear Planar Earphones
Feb 26, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #631 of 659
350 did go on sale for 100, picked one up on amazon. I'm enjoying it quite a bit could easily pass as a full size headphone IMO. Comfort seems average to me for IEMs, I find Tin T2, ZS10 less comfortable and Uiisii CM5 more comfortable.

Apparently comfortable enough to fall asleep with them in and wake up to my tablet on the floor

Mar 2, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #634 of 659
So, unfortunately I don't have the M300s to compare them to, but after a week with the M350s I am thoroughly impressed by them. The imaging(of my full sized headphones I think they are the best) and just overall immersion of them for being an IEM, well, technically in ear open back headphones impresses the hell out of me. The detail is great, the instrument separation and they are now my goto for movies and shows. Everything about them impresses me, everything but the bass and listening at low volumes. Being that they are planar feeding them low power unfortunately does not translate into lower volume of the same characteristics. Detail and bass die if you listen at like 20% volume, which is something I haven't really noticed with dynamics.

Comfort is great, the sound quality isn't nearly as effected by a bad seal as other iems. Inserted or just at the base of your ear canal it's all good. For the price I think they are a steal. Also with music muted you can hear everything around you but with music on it drowns out your surroundings assuming there aren't extremely loud noises around you, which is nice because having that in an IEM is why I went after earbuds, which unfortunately just do not come close to sound quality of IEMs. Yet another monoprice gem flying under the radar, like the THX 788.

They do seem a lot more power hungry than advertised. Running them balanced 2.5 off ES100 added a lot more bass at a similar loudness.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #636 of 659
I bought the M300 recently for $44. Coming from the KZ ZSN Pro and other KZ IEMs, these carry a distinct sound. Easily like nothing I've ever tried (zero experience with headphones). Subtle parts of songs are now available sonically. Really love how these resolve details.

Comfort-wise the M300 was clearly not defined for the average human! My mortal ears can't shake the soreness. Speaking of which, is it advisable to choose a 16 core cable over 8, or lower?

My setup includes the DAC (ESS9218P) in my LG G8 + Neutron player. Compared to normal IEMs these seem to drain somewhat more battery; could be my imagination.

This is my first taste of planar and I'm walking away content.

Mar 20, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #637 of 659
I bought the M300 recently for $44. Coming from the KZ ZSN Pro and other KZ IEMs, these carry a distinct sound. Easily like nothing I've ever tried (zero experience with headphones). Subtle parts of songs are now available sonically. Really love how these resolve details.

Comfort-wise the M300 was clearly not defined for the average human! My mortal ears can't shake the soreness. Speaking of which, is it advisable to choose a 16 core cable over 8, or lower?

My setup includes the DAC (ESS9218P) in my LG G8 + Neutron player. Compared to normal IEMs these seem to drain somewhat more battery; could be my imagination.

Planars in general need more juice to drive them. And yes, comfort is a big issue with these.

Mar 20, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #638 of 659
Planars in general need more juice to drive them. And yes, comfort is a big issue with these.
Definitely going to grab the newer M350 when monoprice slashes them to < $60. Outside of brief listening sessions these won't function too well for gaming or studying. Still going to keep them cause they're head-and-shoulders above my other earphones.

Apr 8, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #639 of 659
I didn't like them. Would love to see what M350 brings to the table though.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/mo...nar-earphones.22645/reviews#item-review-23509

1586403316963.png

Apr 19, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #640 of 659
Wasn't ready to give up on these! Swapped the stock cable with an 8-core for ~$7, and rotated the rubber ear hook to protect the length of my ear. The fit has bettered - not to perfection, but my ears aren't on fire anymore (before there was tenderness from extended wear). For EQ I swiped profiles from the iSine10's thread.
Screenshot_20200419-154733.png

IMG_20200419_152621_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200419_151950.jpg

I didn't like them. Would love to see what M350 brings to the table though.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/mo...nar-earphones.22645/reviews#item-review-23509
Any chance you'll review the M350 in the future? Would like to hear how they stack up against these, or even the iSine 10/20.

Monolith has the potential to disrupt the planar market at the low end, with so few opponents in this section. To me the M series represents the brand in its infancy. So with each iteration bugs from the previous should be ironed out.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #643 of 659
350 did go on sale for 100, picked one up on amazon. I'm enjoying it quite a bit could easily pass as a full size headphone IMO. Comfort seems average to me for IEMs, I find Tin T2, ZS10 less comfortable and Uiisii CM5 more comfortable.
how does your m350 compares to your other iems (unequalized) ? are the m350 hooks made of plastic or metal ? (m300 plastic hooks were easy to break) thanks

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #644 of 659

did you had to equalize them ? lots of reviews mention they are not good for edm unequalized ? thanks

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #645 of 659
Sold my m300's a few months ago and now i got m350's.
Comfort is much better, but i still can not fit them well
Sound is easily much better. For 300s i needed to play with eq.
350s works just fine out of the box
can you please elaborate on m350 being "much better" sounding than m300. m300 was notoriously bad for edm unequalized, is edm good on m350 unequalized ? do you have other iem to compare to m350 for edm ? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back