Monolith M300 In Ear Planar Earphones
Sep 26, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #571 of 659
Looks like they have an update coming, the M350

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=39415

394151.jpg
Visually, the hooks look to make more sense, than the planar from TFZ Blanace 7, which just floats

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #572 of 659
I agree, the M300's are just really hard to keep on.

Oct 9, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #574 of 659
Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #576 of 659
394154.jpg

Dec 6, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #577 of 659
Ok so I have some first impressions on the M350's that arrived for me today, I just bought them the moment they were available.

These are very dark sounding right out of the box, I haven't heard iSines to compare these to, nor the original M300's so I can't comment on that. Though to my ear I just EQ'd my treble from 4k upwards by 2.5db and they sound better, but definitely still leaning towards dark sounding. A benefit from this at least is that it has zero sibilance issues for me personally at least, even after EQ. Bass definitely has impact, although it's still planar bass, but it's still quite pleasing to my ear, but your choice in tips will greatly affect this and ymmv.

They're quite open, and although not quite the widest sound stage, it's sufficient for an iem, and positional accuracy of sound was pretty good too although mainly left-right audio, it struggles a bit with front and back.

I've swapped tips a fair bit from the time I've spent with it and right now I've landed on using the Dekoni Bulletz, though Spinfits also sounded equally as good but the foam was just slightly more comfortable with this iem, and personally I found the bass hit hardest on the Dekonis.

They have a new soft-shell pleather clamshell case that can actually fit the iems in them unlike the old M300 case (yay), they came with the usual S/M/L tips and a pair of dual flange ones but I found them pretty trash, and the dual flange tips don't even fit without incredible struggle, I didn't even bother and just used my own tips. The earhooks are comfortable, and although I used my own cable, I don't feel the weight of my cable at all.

So far I like them and will be keeping them but I definitely need more time with these.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #578 of 659
And for those seeking deals, the M300's are on sale for $69

Dec 26, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #579 of 659
And for those seeking deals, the M300's are on sale for $69

I just bought them and I was utterly disappointed with them straight from the box. They sound really drowned and hollow in a way.

Sound stage is really great tho mind blowing for in ears I'm used to. Also better than my Fidellio x2 or hd599. But the sound signature makes these cans so bad out of the box. Wanted to return them after less than 30 minutes.

But I was sold on the soundstage and couldn't part from them, they have been on my desk a couple off day's laying idle. Hooked them up to the pc and started to play with an EQ.

With EQ these can be really great and adjusted to any taste as the respond really really good to EQ'ing. Thing is I like full size on the PC so this was nice to let the m300 work but still useless to me.

After reading page 36 of this thread (which I found via Google) I found a comment for a Android app called "neutralizer" a eq app that is applied phone wide( works with players and Spotify etc.) Now these m300 are amazing and usable to me.

Best in ears I own to play metal and other complex fast music. Bass is not like a dd but still really great and detailed. Mids are good and highs are really great and open/airy love the m300 now.

Only problem is the fit, at first I could only wear them for a hour before my ears were squeezed to pain. Now I can wear them for several hours before I can't bear them anymore.

IMG_20191224_143947.jpg IMG_20191224_144322.jpg IMG_20191224_144617.jpg IMG_20191224_144650.jpg

For 70 euro/dollar they are worth owning if you like playing with a EQ

Attachments

• IMG_20191224_144252.jpg
    IMG_20191224_144252.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Dec 26, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #580 of 659
I just bought them and I was utterly disappointed with them straight from the box. They sound really drowned and hollow in a way.

Sound stage is really great tho mind blowing for in ears I'm used to. Also better than my Fidellio x2 or hd599. But the sound signature makes these cans so bad out of the box. Wanted to return them after less than 30 minutes.

But I was sold on the soundstage and couldn't part from them, they have been on my desk a couple off day's laying idle. Hooked them up to the pc and started to play with an EQ.

With EQ these can be really great and adjusted to any taste as the respond really really good to EQ'ing. Thing is I like full size on the PC so this was nice to let the m300 work but still useless to me.

After reading page 36 of this thread (which I found via Google) I found a comment for a Android app called "neutralizer" a eq app that is applied phone wide( works with players and Spotify etc.) Now these m300 are amazing and usable to me.
Yes eq is a must to get the best out of them.
Best in ears I own to play metal and other complex fast music. Bass is not like a dd but still really great and detailed. Mids are good and highs are really great and open/airy love the m300 now.

Only problem is the fit, at first I could only wear them for a hour before my ears were squeezed to pain. Now I can wear them for several hours before I can't bear them anymore.

For 70 euro/dollar they are worth owning if you like playing with a EQ

EQ is needed to get these to sound their best!

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #581 of 659
I can definitely say that the M350's have pretty much no issues with fit and comfort especially for longer sessions. I've kept them in for hours and hours, just gaming, and general video watching and there is no issue with the updated design

As a pretty brief update in terms of sound, it seems like pretty much what has been said about the M300's still rings true for the updated M350 (although, I do not have a direct comparison) but it is definitely a competent IEH after being EQ'd.
The lighter and less sweat-prone IEH design is something I prefer sometimes over a proper over-ear headphone, especially since it's Summer here in Australia.

Jan 14, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #582 of 659
I just picked up a set...for $50 I think it's worth checking out.
....currently perusing Amazon for new cables...

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #583 of 659
@baskingshark inadvertently reminded me that I had a pair of M300s sitting in my drawer and since I have an E1Da PDv2, I figured why not.

The open back design pretty much dictates desktop use. As the M300s are not great at ambient sound isolation; but that's also to their advantage, for sound stage. Add the PDv2 and you've got a "This will decimate all" contender.

M300 wPDV2.jpg

In HPToy I started with Tin P1 Harman preset and tweaked a couple of the filters to my liking
PEQ HPToy M300.jpg

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #584 of 659
@baskingshark inadvertently reminded me that I had a pair of M300s sitting in my drawer and since I have an E1Da PDv2, I figured why not.

The open back design pretty much dictates desktop use. As the M300s are not great at ambient sound isolation; but that's also to their advantage, for sound stage. Add the PDv2 and you've got a "This will decimate all" contender.

In HPToy I started with Tin P1 Harman preset and tweaked a couple of the filters to my liking

I fully agree, those m300 are insean, but needs lota of tweaking, but with the right tweaking nothing in their price range comes close, hack double or triple the price range they have no competitor.

But fit and comforts are really bad, putting them in hurts for like 5 min, and after two hours my ears cry to take em out.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #585 of 659

How does it compare to the P1? TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back