Mini-Review: digiZoid ZO "portable subwoofer"
Sep 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #781 of 996
The reason it gets so good reviews is due to the price, many people thinks it exceeds SQ in its pricepoint compared to competitors offerings. Price/performance factor will always be the biggest factor that satisfies people the most and what brings people to write good stuff, people that buy $1500 stuff have a little different expectations than people buying stuff for $100.

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #782 of 996
Originally Posted  by illquid:

"Typical reaction of a believer! haha, its all in good fun as your reply was...

But the truth is YES, I do own one, otherwise I would be in no position to make such a statement, even light heartedly!

...I still like the product a lot, although it is not the audio equivalent of LSD like some of the stuff I've been reading on this thread!!" "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yes all in good fun, and yes a typical typical typically a believer that would be me, thank you, thats the nicest thing anybody has said to me in a while,
atsmile.gif
, when it comes to the ZO I love being typical, lol 

and also thanks for clearifying, and I am very glad to hear that your statement is coming from having one! and in that case I revel in my hyperbole and will gladly hop a ride on the FOTD train, which will be a very long and enjoyable ride, like a pig wallowing in my own personal Calistoga’s Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa mud bath, wallow wallow wallowing,
tongue.gif
 all the live long day!

and no it isn't like audio LSD, more like audio esspersso(as i turn it on now!!)crack cocaine!! mor MORE MORE!! I'm gonna get FIVE of them and hook them up, YES thats the answer to EVERYTHING!! buwahahah
very_evil_smiley.gif
, uh oh time for my meds, and that would be MORE ZZOOO!!! lol

I just like how it enhances the sound, its funny becaues it really helps it come thru as I'm out and about alot while listening to my rig, but if I'm at home relaxing, I tend to enjoy the details of the music without the ZO? I think it has to do with the change in blood pressure when I'm active walking the dog on the trails vs. sitting seditary, and the effect that difference has with the sensative audio perception? which makes me realise that the EX600's are quit nice in general, when I want to be impacted by my music ZO activation is necessary, and with sitting, oh what the heck, who am I kidding, its ZO ZO ZO, always ZO, forever and always, ZO in the morning, ZO in the evening, ZO all the live long day!!.................  lol Cbut alistoga’s Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa Calistoga’s Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa   

Quote:
My opinion still stands. I chose not to continue in this thread because it's unfair for me to judge a consumer product using professional audio standards for accuracy/neutrality (and by accuracy/neutrality,

and thanks Lunatique,

that expalins some of the technically awesome and then the not so awesome things that I'm hearing along with using the ZO, and where and why the sound sounds the way it does when I change the settings on my rig? mainly how it sounds when my Voyagers contour switch is on or off? when I turn it on sometimes the harsh and sibilant mids of the EX600's are much more noticed? and with what you said makes sense, when I turn the contour switch on the ZO is only making it more apparent whats already there? thanks

but to finding something that does it as good as it does any much cheaper without greatly sacrificing quality, in my very exclusive and limited  opinion is impossible?

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #785 of 996
you already do, by your own admonission, its collecting dust, just hookup, it, and don't use your juggular, lol, don't ask how I know but it bleads ALOT, start with a vein in the arm, I'm down to going between my toes, lol, its a shocking experience!! and you'll get twice the work done, in the imortal words of Johhn McClane, yippee ki yi yea! futher mucker!
Quote:
Haha, where can I get a hold of whatever you're taking Anderoan? It would make my working day go a lot quicker!

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #786 of 996
Well everyone, great news! Paul finished the PCB design yesterday, and has sent it off to our manufacturer in CA. Once they get the bare PCBs fabricated, Paul and I will be traveling out to CA to oversee the first run of ZO.2's!  
biggrin.gif

1. Ultra low power microcontroller for high efficiency system management
  2. Precision, low-noise analog op-amp with high power output
  3. Four-layer board with separate power and ground planes for noise immunity 
  4. Board includes 95 test points for automatic in-circuit test with digiZoid developed programs using National Instruments LabVIEW software and DAC hardware
  5. 100% surface mount components for automated high-speed manufacturing
  6. Top tier electronic components sourced exclusively for us by Arrow Electronics (one of the top 2 global OEM component distributors)
  7. LightScale with 32 distinct color changes for each sound contour profile
  8. Sound contour profiles tuned for equally spaced intensity changes
  9. Digital volume control with 32 levels
  10. Single-switch operation for both contour profile and volume adjustment
  11. Noiseless on/off bypass switching
  12. Audio input filtering for reduced EMI/RFI susceptibility
  13. Low battery LED indicator
  14. Battery charge time of ~1 hour
  15. Rechargeable from USB-port

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #788 of 996
that is some outstanding space usage on the pcb. whats the battery life on this? 1 hour charge time seems too good to be true...

ive been waiting so long to try out a zo....

Sep 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #792 of 996

Quote:
  1. Ultra low power microcontroller for high efficiency system management
  2. Precision, low-noise analog op-amp with high power output
  3. Four-layer board with separate power and ground planes for noise immunity 
  4. Board includes 95 test points for automatic in-circuit test with digiZoid developed programs using National Instruments LabVIEW software and DAC hardware
  5. 100% surface mount components for automated high-speed manufacturing
  6. Top tier electronic components sourced exclusively for us by Arrow Electronics (one of the top 2 global OEM component distributors)
  7. LightScale with 32 distinct color changes for each sound contour profile
  8. Sound contour profiles tuned for equally spaced intensity changes
  9. Digital volume control with 32 levels
  10. Single-switch operation for both contour profile and volume adjustment
  11. Noiseless on/off bypass switching
  12. Audio input filtering for reduced EMI/RFI susceptibility
  13. Low battery LED indicator
  14. Battery charge time of ~1 hour
  15. Rechargeable from USB-port

what?  no holographic lady, or man bot (depending on the gender and preferences of the buyer) to materialize, do a little dance, and greet me by name every time i turn it on?!
Come on Digizoid, get it together! i see easily two, maybe three empty spaces on the board where that technology would fit!

what a let down! i guess boostaroo it is...
biggrin.gif
wink_face.gif

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #793 of 996
I still want Apple to license the ZO technology and build it into the next iPod range. Win-win, from where I sit, even if I continue to loathe iTunes as a delivery mechanism and Apple Corp as a faceless consortium of little grey men with Accountancy degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back