MicroSDHC for Sansa Clip+
Aug 5, 2010 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JosephKim

1000+ Head-Fier
I wasnt sure where to post this :p. I just ran out of space on my 8gb clip and was wondering where the best online bargains were for microsd cards. Are there any speeds/class I should look for or should I just get the cheapest I can find?

Aug 5, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #2 of 7
I don't think speed or class matters much when it comes to music - I just got the cheapest one I could find last year.

Aug 5, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #3 of 7
I don't think it does but file transfer does. 8GB are typically pretty cheap so I usually get class 6 but it's up to you. It's 8GB regardless (unless of course you bought a fake one) so doesn't matter what you get.

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 7
I found that speed did matter with the Clip+ because of the time it takes for the Clip to update the library after anything is added or removed. I had a class 2 16 gb card and it took forever to update after I added something to the almost full card. Definitely try to move to a higher class card, unless you don't mind setting it aside after you add music to the Clip (either card or internal memory).

I agree that for playing the music, speed does not matter. Class 2 is sufficient.

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
I found that speed did matter with the Clip+ because of the time it takes for the Clip to update the library after anything is added or removed. I had a class 2 16 gb card and it took forever to update after I added something to the almost full card. Definitely try to move to a higher class card, unless you don't mind setting it aside after you add music to the Clip (either card or internal memory).

I agree that for playing the music, speed does not matter. Class 2 is sufficient.

If you rockbox it, you don't have to wait for that library update anymore.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back