MHDT Havana DAC
Oct 27, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #1,456 of 2,680

Quote:
Originally Posted by niamex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IMHO that kind of comparison is not correct - they are completely different as architecture - NOS Single Ended  tube buffered against a digital filter and they sounds different - depends what your preferences are /mainly what kind of music you are listening to/. So instead of asking this you better find a way to listen to both of them and take your decision.
Cheers,

Perhaps the sonic differences between these very different two DACs, from some one who has owned both, is exactly what the dude is looking for?

Rock.

.j

Oct 27, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #1,457 of 2,680

Quote:
Perhaps the sonic differences between these very different two DACs, from some one who has owned both, is exactly what the dude is looking for?

Ro
.j

Exactly! I would be happy to audition them prior to purchase. Then I would know which one I like. Unfortunately it's not possible, that's why I am asking here. I know it can't replace own listening, but what to do..

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #1,459 of 2,680

Quote:

Exactly! I would be happy to audition them prior to purchase. Then I would know which one I like. Unfortunately it's not possible, that's why I am asking here. I know it can't replace own listening, but what to do..

Another thing I'd suggest is to post a "Rega DAC vs Havana DAC" sort of message in the "Dedicated Source Components" forum (not just here in the Havana thread); you might run a better chance of encountering feedback from those who have owned both.

Good luck, mate.

.j

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #1,461 of 2,680

Quote:
Another thing I'd suggest is to post a "Rega DAC vs Havana DAC" sort of message in the "Dedicated Source Components" forum (not just here in the Havana thread); you might run a better chance of encountering feedback from those who have owned both.

1. kimchee411 
  1. 29 Posts. Joined 5/2009

Try starting a thread on Audiogon as well.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Oct 29, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #1,465 of 2,680

Quote:
You have not the slightest notion what differences I'm talking about.

I read in this thread you heard the fuse, :), changing one cap gives you effect x 10.
Good luck. mate.

Oh, no worries, mate.

I'm completely satisfied with my (nearly) stock Havana. I'm not much of a DIY guy (if at all) ... but I sure like watching you guys tweak.

Keep it up. 

beerchug.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #1,466 of 2,680

Quote:

I read in this thread you heard the fuse, :), changing one cap gives you effect x 10.
Good luck. mate.

BTW, mate, why not box up that sick ass Havana mod of yours and send it to me?

LOL.

JK,

Rock.

.j

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #1,468 of 2,680
Sirrah,

Shipping oversees is not easy, taxes, customs, costs etc. but it doesn't mean it is not possible.

Some day you'll get my DAC for testing. Now I'm preparing it for the next upgrade.
Cheers

Oct 30, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #1,470 of 2,680
Loserica,
I'm just finishing, several caps left to replace, and maybe power supply(ugrading power supply needs seperate chassis, I'll have to think this upgrade over). This will be the end. I'm not touching the DAC any more. :)))))))))
The DAC will beat over $10k worth DACs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back