Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 28, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #1,307 of 12,974
I'm living in the middle of nowhere. When I visit big cities, I go to the stores which have a lot of headphones. I checked AT's expensive model, Sony, Beyer, Sennheiser 600 - 800, Stax models with their amps, but non of them impressed me. I liked very old Sennheiser's plastic model ( 40 yrs old ) and Grado's HP-1 ( HP-1000 ) which had Aluminum body ( open ). I don't know what it is. I like music goes through me and I just want to feel great. I don't have to listen to the Empyrean. Music comes to me via Empyrean. I've never experienced this feeling before. Each one has different taste. If you try, you'll find out. Also it's very comfortable to wear.

Nov 28, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #1,308 of 12,974
Meze, just say when the copper / gold will be available...

countinstacks.gif

Nov 28, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #1,309 of 12,974
Meze, just say when the copper / gold will be available...

Yes, even if I find I love the Emperians when I get round to auditioning a production version, I won't be putting an order in until I've seen the copper version in real life.
Hopefuly Meze will release the next (3rd) batch in copper before the 2nd black batch fully runs out, so that we can pick and choose.
Same hope when they release the 4th batch, maybe in silver as they once considered.

Having to choose belween black/copper/silver Empyreans is the sort of high class problem I'd love to have :)

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #1,310 of 12,974
How does it compare to other TOTL planars like abyss and lcd 4?

In comparison the bass of the lcd4z that is to much..sounds like a subwofer and the lcd4z is also to dark sounding......personally i own the lcdi4....its the only planar product from Audeze where i spend my money

NOMAX

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #1,311 of 12,974
In comparison the bass of the lcd4z that is to much..sounds like a subwofer and the lcd4z is also to dark sounding......personally i own the lcdi4....its the only planar product from Audeze where i spend my money

NOMAX
Hi Nomax
I am interested in buying empyrean but confused as I already have lcdi4... they are almost as good as lcd4z (after audition).
Any comparison b/w empyrean & lcd i4.
Thanks

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #1,312 of 12,974
The lcdi4 is in my opinion also not good as they can sound ......take the cp145 from Akg n5005 and you will wonder how this unique Iem can sound

My english is not the best...but i will drive to a very good friend on Saturday...he is also on head fi...and i am sure he will be also surpriced what he will hear and can answer with his perfect english

I can highly recomend this Empyrean headphone without any concerns

NOMAX

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #1,313 of 12,974
How does it compare to other TOTL planars like abyss and lcd 4?
I just reduced Meze's stock by one. A shout out to Vlad from Meze tech support who answered my questions and helped me with my order!

I don't have the Abyss but do have the LCD-4 so will post my impressions of the differences between the two...both being driven with a balanced (BTG...formerly Q...Audio) cable, using a Cayin iDAP-6 as a source for a Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC and Mjolnir 2 Amp and some very rare Lorenz Stuttgart 3-mica PCC88 tubes.

I'll let you know when it arrives and post impressions after a little burn-in and comparison time.

Cheers and Thanks Meze!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #1,314 of 12,974
I just reduced Meze's stock by one. A shout out to Vlad from Meze tech support who answered some questions and helped me with my order!

I don't have the Abyss but have the LCD-4's so will post my impressions of the differences between the two driven with a balanced (BTG...formerly Q...Audio) cable, using a Cayin iDAP-6 as a source for a Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC and Mjolnir 2 and some very rare Lorenz Stuttgart PCC88 3-mica tubes.

I let you know when it arrives and post impressions after a little burn-in time and comparison.

Cheers and Thanks Meze!:beerchug:
-HK sends
Congratulations for your purchase and happy listening.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #1,316 of 12,974
I'm listening to " Acoustic Guitar Trio " ( Wilco's G is one of 3 ). The album includes different sounds from Gs and touching strings etc. It made me tired sometimes before, but not anymore. I feel the Empyrean is so truthful to the source. Technology is advanced now and world class music is played. We should not get tired.
Thank Meze team for leading us to another level. This is amazing world.

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #1,317 of 12,974

So right Stradamus. These cans are simply breathtaking. Antonio Meze and his team have created a work of art on multiple levels.

Jorge, do you have impressions of your own that you can share? :)

Nov 29, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #1,320 of 12,974
Hopefuly Meze will release the next (3rd) batch in copper before the 2nd black batch fully runs out, so that we can pick and choose.
Same hope when they release the 4th batch, maybe in silver as they once considered.

Having to choose belween black/copper/silver Empyreans is the sort of high class problem I'd love to have :)

I cannot find any information regarding different colors. Where did you get the information from ? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back