Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #1,280 of 12,974
Nov 27, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #1,284 of 12,974
If you already bought the Utopia snd can buy the empyrean then you are able to aford it plus the affordable Dave and mid tier Blu2.

just because he owns the mentioned equipment does not mean he can afford to buy more....or even want to own both HP's....believe me i know lol

Nov 27, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #1,285 of 12,974
Hello friends!

Yes, it's been a while ... those who know me know that my English is not the best. :wink:

Now to Empyrean!

Where should I start?

With which other model should I compare it, which sounds similar, has a similar tonality?

Anyway, I do not know a single one ... and that's why this Empyrean is so unique to me in what he sounded like.

Who does not want a model that sounds completely different like everything else?

On the other hand it unites a lot known from several other over-ears?

It took a lot of years for a small company named Meze to show the other Planar manufacturers how to design and process.

No Abyss ... no Mr.Speakers .... no Hifiman .... and no Audeze come up to the quality in terms of processing, wearing comfort and especially the amount of effort in construction.

You also have to be wary that Anto Meze had the courage to work with a partner, in this case Rinaro. In any case, the end result can be seen at this price in any case ... technically ... as well as sonically .... the entire package fits the price you have just declared!

How does the Empyrean sound?

Fascinating .... gigantic .... very very dynamic .... the bass very voluminous and airy at the same time ... the mids very full .... the highs never sharp or overstressed.
Its great strength lies in the fact that you can very well separate and localize voices and instruments, despite its very high dynamic sound signature ... this impressed me the most ... I have not heard anything like that yet.

It does not have the openness and the analytical and fast playing style of the Utopia ... but it offers a very exact stage performance and spatial performance that goes very deep but not too wide.

I can only recommend to give this great headphone a try ... you will probably end up with the same conclusion – that it is unique, what you get to listen to and real fun ... and I did not have more fun ever, listening to a headphone. The Empyrean is very balanced, despite its dynamic performance. No headphone ever achieved this, imo.

FOR ME....EMPYREAN ...... THE FIRST HEADPHONE FOR AUDIOPHILES....THAT MAKES REALLY FUN

Thanks to Meze ... and thank you also to Rinaro ... you both did a damn good job for the asked price and you set the bar in many areas very high for the future!

Regards from Austria

NOMAX

Nov 27, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #1,286 of 12,974
Hello friends!

Yes, it's been a while ... those who know me know that my English is not the best. :wink:

Now to Empyrean!

Where should I start?

With which other model should I compare it, which sounds similar, has a similar tonality?

Anyway, I do not know a single one ... and that's why this Empyrean is so unique to me in what he sounded like.

Who does not want a model that sounds completely different like everything else?

On the other hand it unites a lot known from several other over-ears?

It took a lot of years for a small company named Meze to show the other Planar manufacturers how to design and process.

No Abyss ... no Mr.Speakers .... no Hifiman .... and no Audeze come up to the quality in terms of processing, wearing comfort and especially the amount of effort in construction.

You also have to be wary that Anto Meze had the courage to work with a partner, in this case Rinaro. In any case, the end result can be seen at this price in any case ... technically ... as well as sonically .... the entire package fits the price you have just declared!

How does the Empyrean sound?

Fascinating .... gigantic .... very very dynamic .... the bass very voluminous and airy at the same time ... the mids very full .... the highs never sharp or overstressed.
Its great strength lies in the fact that you can very well separate and localize voices and instruments, despite its very high dynamic sound signature ... this impressed me the most ... I have not heard anything like that yet.

It does not have the openness and the analytical and fast playing style of the Utopia ... but it offers a very exact stage performance and spatial performance that goes very deep but not too wide.

I can only recommend to give this great headphone a try ... you will probably end up with the same conclusion – that it is unique, what you get to listen to and real fun ... and I did not have more fun ever, listening to a headphone. The Empyrean is very balanced, despite its dynamic performance. No headphone ever achieved this, imo.

FOR ME....EMPYREAN ...... THE FIRST HEADPHONE FOR AUDIOPHILES....THAT MAKES REALLY FUN

Thanks to Meze ... and thank you also to Rinaro ... you both did a damn good job for the asked price and you set the bar in many areas very high for the future!

Regards from Austria

NOMAX
Nomax, you are completely right about the sound, build quality, wearing comfort of this headphone.
And let's admit it : for such a young company the Empyrean is better then many other headphones out there, at similar price point or even higher. A truly flagship, and more will think the same when they will receive their orders.
Felicitări Antonio. Ai creat o casca foarte specială.
Congratulations Antonio. You have created a very special headphone.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #1,287 of 12,974
Nomax, you are completely right about the sound, build quality, wearing comfort of this headphone.
And let's admit it : for such a young company the Empyrean is better then many other headphones out there, at similar price point or even higher. A truly flagship, and more will think the same when they will receive their orders.
Felicitări Antonio. Ai creat o casca foarte specială.
Congratulations Antonio. You have created a very special headphone.
Don't congratulate Antonia too soon, it's not as fast or as open as the focal utopia ..joke. Antonio needs a medal that it doesn't sound like the Focal Utopia, hate the headphone with a passion

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #1,289 of 12,974
Don't congratulate Antonia too soon, it's not as fast or as open as the focal utopia, Antonio needs a medal that it doesn't sound like the Focal Utopia, hate the headphone with a passion

What??? Absolutely congratulations Antonio. If you hear the Empyrean's you will understand. Nomax couldn't agree more with your impressions.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #1,290 of 12,974
Don't congratulate Antonia too soon, it's not as fast or as open as the focal utopia, Antonio needs a medal that it doesn't sound like the Focal Utopia, hate the headphone with a passion
Who's Antonia? His wife? :beyersmile:

Seriously, your post doesn't make sense. You say not to congratulate Meze because Empyrean doesn't match Utopia, and then tell us you hate Utopia.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back