Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 30, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #5,491 of 12,974
For everyone who has an Abyss in addition to an Empyrean, wow you were right. I just bought a 1266 TC, and OMG. I never heard music come from headphones like this.
Told ya!!! :grinning::beerchug:

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #5,493 of 12,974
A very gracious head-fi'er who's currently active on this thread lent me his pair yesterday, which puts me in a very fortunate position to be able to listen to it at length on my own system and equally importantly, without any skin in the game -- if you get my meaning, which can otherwise become such a source of hand-wringing, second-guessing, nervosa, all that sort of thing.

Anyway, long story short: super impressed! As others have mentioned, its synergy with the DAVE headphone-out is just great. Among other things, it sounds perfect at moderate volumes for early morning or late night listening.

My mind is already straying down that evil path of rationalizing the purchase of another pair of headphones that I don't "need". :)

Dec 8, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #5,496 of 12,974
Hello everyone. New member at headfi and also new owner of the Empyrean. I've read many threads and reviews from this site. I think I completed the Sundara thread like a book and atm on page 250 of this thread. Got the Emp on 1st of November and have clocked in probably 300 hours on it. I Love both pads and find myself really enjoying the sound if I switch pads every 1 or 2 day.

Shoutout to @project86 I have the Anedio D2 dac and the Empyrean. 2 products he had kind words for.

Dec 8, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #5,497 of 12,974
Hello everyone. New member at headfi and also new owner of the Empyrean. I've read many threads and reviews from this site. I think I completed the Sundara thread like a book and atm on page 250 of this thread. Got the Emp on 1st of November and have clocked in probably 300 hours on it. I Love both pads and find myself really enjoying the sound if I switch pads every 1 or 2 day.

Shoutout to @project86 I have the Anedio D2 dac and the Empyrean. 2 products he had kind words for.

I'll have to try that combo. My son has the Anedio D2.

Dec 8, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #5,499 of 12,974
This is going to be a relatively long post. It is very interesting to me and might be of interest to some people so here goes.

Music had always sounded better at night to me. Until I got my first headphone the HiFiMan Sundara 12 months ago. Music through the Sundara still sounded fantastic at night but I noticed sometimes during the day it sounded amazing as well. Didn't know why and didn't put too much thought into it. I just accepted it for what it is and let fate decide. And then one day a friend said "I'm drinking tea, listening to music and drawing arts. I am in zen mode". Right then it hit me. It's because of what I was drinking!!! I started drinking coffee more frequently this year and for the days that I did drink, The Sundara sounded magnificent. Granted it was a bright headphone so I was sent to the rough part of heaven but it was heaven nonetheless.

With just purely personal experience, completely anecdotal. I have concluded coffee (tea has similar effects) brings musical enjoyment to new heights. There have been many nights where I drink tea and listen to music through the Empyrean and it sounded so good, like words can't even describe. And next thing I know it's 5 am. Some times I make a mistake of listening to a song and subconsciously phased out until it gets to the "good part". But with coffee or tea I listen to music for whatever the song is giving me at that moment and every moment. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on this.

Dec 8, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #5,500 of 12,974
This is going to be a relatively long post. It is very interesting to me and might be of interest to some people so here goes.

Music had always sounded better at night to me. Until I got my first headphone the HiFiMan Sundara 12 months ago. Music through the Sundara still sounded fantastic at night but I noticed sometimes during the day it sounded amazing as well. Didn't know why and didn't put too much thought into it. I just accepted it for what it is and let fate decide. And then one day a friend said "I'm drinking tea, listening to music and drawing arts. I am in zen mode". Right then it hit me. It's because of what I was drinking!!! I started drinking coffee more frequently this year and for the days that I did drink, The Sundara sounded magnificent. Granted it was a bright headphone so I was sent to the rough part of heaven but it was heaven nonetheless.

With just purely personal experience, completely anecdotal. I have concluded coffee (tea has similar effects) brings musical enjoyment to new heights. There have been many nights where I drink tea and listen to music through the Empyrean and it sounded so good, like words can't even describe. And next thing I know it's 5 am. Some times I make a mistake of listening to a song and subconsciously phased out until it gets to the "good part". But with coffee or tea I listen to music for whatever the song is giving me at that moment and every moment. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on this.

Makes sense to me. Better yet, try weed. Then you will really hear some great music. LOL.

Dec 8, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #5,502 of 12,974
Makes sense to me. Better yet, try weed. Then you will really hear some great music. LOL.
Tea for the body. Music for the soul. And weed for whatever's inbetween.
i think i got in trouble once before here for saying the same thing. amen, though. :wink:
I've heard many people sing the same tune. That "weed makes everything better". Food better, music better, sex better. I find 1am to have similar effects.

Has anyone tried to clean the Emp with a vacuum? or another effective cleaning method?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #5,505 of 12,974
Took 2 days for mine to arrive (UK) from Meze when I ordered them in November. Limited version too!
What's up with that? My buddy Dan Lee has been waiting for a couple of months for his. Sure you got a brand new pair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back