Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Dec 9, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #5,506 of 12,974
Absolutely new. I was a little worried that they said they'd "found" a limited edition version in stock which I could have. Was all fine though. The European store is currently showing December as delivery time.

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #5,507 of 12,974
Is the limited with copper grills?

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #5,509 of 12,974
I don't think I'd be getting a vacuum anywhere near my headphones.

I would think with the pads on, how dirty could it get inside past the pads? I would just take off the pads and clean them.
I feel you. I wash and wipe my hand every time before I handle my headphone. I've considered buying a pair of gloves, synthetic leather or something just for handling the Empyrean. It's so precious. But I notice the gap of the mesh is a little wide and hair, dandruff, and the likes can fall in. Seems like a vacuum is the best method to clean without anything touching the headphone.

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #5,510 of 12,974
I feel you. I wash and wipe my hand every time before I handle my headphone. I've considered buying a pair of gloves, synthetic leather or something just for handling the Empyrean. It's so precious. But I notice the gap of the mesh is a little wide and hair, dandruff, and the likes can fall in. Seems like a vacuum is the best method to clean without anything touching the headphone.

You can always send an email to Meze and ask them about how to clean. They have always been responsive when I’ve sent them emails.

Dec 10, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #5,511 of 12,974
So, you are thinking about buying gloves for handling the Empyrean, but at the same time you are able to use vacuum cleaner for them? Really??? I think, you are balancing on really thin ice. I would never put them near the vacuum. Only in case, you would like to destroy them...

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #5,512 of 12,974
So, you are thinking about buying gloves for handling the Empyrean, but at the same time you are able to use vacuum cleaner for them? Really??? I think, you are balancing on really thin ice. I would never put them near the vacuum. Only in case, you would like to destroy them...
Use the air suction to remove the debris that doesn't belong without ever touching the headphone, The idea sounds good on paper, but you never know...

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #5,513 of 12,974
Use the air suction to remove the debris that doesn't belong without ever touching the headphone, The idea sounds good on paper, but you never know...
I think that is a brilliantly unorthodox way to destroy your thin planar membrane.

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #5,514 of 12,974
left]

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #5,516 of 12,974
For me, that idea sounds, ehm how to say that... Stupid? Sorry, no offense, but it really is a stupid idea!

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #5,517 of 12,974
Haha. I do see the concerns and risk but like everything, I'm sure there's a right way to approach this. I can't think of a better idea to get dust n what not outside of the driver. i guess blowing would kinda work but that'd introduce more things. A q-tip might introduce more dust. *shrugs*. This whole time I have in mind one of those small handheld vacuums. Not the one you use for your rugs.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #5,518 of 12,974
So why don’t you keep the headphones in the case it came with when you’re not using it. In addition to that wash daily. I don’t see how it’s possible for anything to get into the headphones following and the two above obsessive compulsive behaviors

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #5,519 of 12,974
Haha. I do see the concerns and risk but like everything, I'm sure there's a right way to approach this. I can't think of a better idea to get dust n what not outside of the driver. i guess blowing would kinda work but that'd introduce more things. A q-tip might introduce more dust. *shrugs*. This whole time I have in mind one of those small handheld vacuums. Not the one you use for your rugs.

For removing dust from the drivers I suggest... ...playing music.
The shaking of the driver membrane will throw dust particles away.
It should work much better with very low frequencies (less than 10 HZ) to allow time for the dust particles to fly away between cycles.

You can use this https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

Don't play too loud as it can damage the membrane. Only loud as comfortable to listen too.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #5,520 of 12,974
So why don’t you keep the headphones in the case it came with when you’re not using it. In addition to that wash daily. I don’t see how it’s possible for anything to get into the headphones following and the two above obsessive compulsive behaviors
Yes, best method is prevention. Store them in a way they can't get dust, and in divisions with little dust. For example bedrooms have a lot of dust from clothes and our body, when we dress/undress. Sofas are terrible too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back