Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 19, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #5,476 of 12,974
@Bonddam I have indeed been waiting just at the 2 month mark for my Empyreans. I guess they have been pretty backed up. I currently have the 4z with the Woo WA22 to entertain me. I am beginning to wonder if I should have gotten the standard 4 instead of the 4z, but its always hard to know with things like that. I have a GSX MK2 on the way and a Norne silver cable as well. That will hopefully be the telling factor for me on the 4z's. I owned the 4's in the past and they were great so I may end up going after those again.

Either way if you are diggin your Empyrean's with the Norne cable + GSX Mini + Denafrips Ares 2 that gives me hope. I will be running my Empyrean through a Norne cable + GSX MK2 + Denafrips Terminator. Can't wait.

How is the ZMF Verite Open in comparison? I'm also considering a Hifiman HE1000SE or maybe a V2.

Nov 24, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #5,477 of 12,974
I am really interested about Empyrean. Can you please give me anyone an advice for a good dealer, who is able to offer a nice price? I was reading this thread and some uf you guys here mentioned the Audition6.de dealer who was able to provide a nice discount. Any experience about this dealer or some others in EU?

Nov 24, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #5,479 of 12,974
When I bought them back in january they shipped them in about a week and the shipping time took 3 days from romania to the US, so 2 months is indeed a really long time. I would call someone and make sure there's not a problem.

Nov 28, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #5,481 of 12,974
Yeah at this point ists been 2 months and 1 week. If I'm not mistaken they had come across a manufacturing issue 3 - 4 months back in which some of the frames began cracking. They spent some time figuring out what was causing it and by the time production got rolling again they have been backed up since. On the one hand its very respectable that they have taken the time to address it and fix it. On the other waiting is no fun. However I am also aware there are plenty of people that don't have a home to live in and I feel rather guilty at the prospect of complaining to much about having to wait a few months for something more than half the world can only dream of.

I did email Meze and they said should be sometime in the next two weeks or so. I've waited this long so I imagine I can wait a little longer. Can't wait to hear them though after reading all of the positive comments in this thread. Thanks guys

Nov 30, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #5,488 of 12,974
I personally find the amp that does best is one that is not warm as the headphone is already. Power isn't the issue as it is so sensitive. with my amps I find the gsx mini the best as the v281 is warm sounding amp. Though this just my preference.

Nov 30, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #5,489 of 12,974
You know logic plays no part in this hobby. :)

Well I did get 10% off for Black Friday. That’s something at least.
I'm hoping to receive a 10% discount. I purchased too soon as I had no idea of a sale. So hope it happens and yes this is a great headphone. But I did enjoy two edm albums more on the Empyrean just thought i'd mention it.

Nov 30, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #5,490 of 12,974
Is the empyrean well driven by a dap like sp1000 or sp2000?
Definitely. I listened to mine from Opus#2 which provided plenty of power and those A&K are quite a bit more powerful (3.9 or 6.0Vrms vs 2.5 for the Opus).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back