Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Oct 30, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #1,171 of 1,490
for those who have heard both the Sony MDR Z1R and the Liric--how much better is the imaging on the Liric?
I’ve got them both, will do a comparison. I feel like the Liric is substantially better but haven’t listened to the Z1R for about 6 weeks.

Nov 5, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #1,172 of 1,490
My video review is finally here:

Nov 6, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #1,173 of 1,490
I’ve got them both, will do a comparison. I feel like the Liric is substantially better but haven’t listened to the Z1R for about 6 weeks.
Interested in this comparison as I am trying to decide between the Liric and the Z1R. Any insight would be welcome!

Nov 6, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #1,174 of 1,490
I'm interested in the Liric, but the pads look small enough/shallow enough to concern me. This is something I never have to worry about on my Z1R, and sadly what ultimately left me to part with my D9200.

Nov 26, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #1,177 of 1,490
Does anyone know where I can get a stock replacement cable for the Liric? All I can find is the silver upgrade or one with 2.5mm termination ( I need 3.5). And I don’t want a 9ft cable either.

Nov 26, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #1,178 of 1,490
Does anyone know where I can get a stock replacement cable for the Liric? All I can find is the silver upgrade or one with 2.5mm termination ( I need 3.5). And I don’t want a 9ft cable either.
Did you email Meze directly?

I've found them to be pretty responsive.

You can also use the 99 series cables. Significantly cheaper.

Nov 26, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #1,180 of 1,490
I’ll do that.

99 would work but I see it’s only 3m length. About five feet too long.

Nov 26, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #1,181 of 1,490
I’ll do that.

99 would work but I see it’s only 3m length. About five feet too long.
I bought this.

Here’s the original cable in stock.

I don’t know your budget, but it’s a nice cable.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #1,182 of 1,490
I bought this.

Here’s the original cable in stock.

I don’t know your budget, but it’s a nice cable.
Thank you for that info 😊

I have ordered the silver from Amazon but sadly the original apparently can’t be shipped to Canada from that dealer. I will check for other possible sources. I was actually looking for a couple of the originals to use on other headphones.

Dec 2, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #1,183 of 1,490
I have the Liric (+upgrade Meze OFC copper cable) for a few weeks now. Did not like it in the beginning. Thin midrange and peaky highs. I bought it from a friend who had it for only a few weeks and it needed to burn in a little more. I have heard the Liric with my: Mojo, Mojo2, TT2, iFi iDSD Sig, iFi Zen DAC V2. And with my friends iBasso DX320 with AMP13 (tube). I prefer the Mojo 1 for the most sweet musical perfomance. Mids get fuller, highs are softened. Staging gets a little more intimate, but still very OK. Funny is that I also prefer the Zen dac v2 over the iDSD Sig, as the Zen is more midrange focussed. You loose some detail though. iBasso was the most impressive, even more than my TT2 (!)

Dec 5, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #1,184 of 1,490
I have the Liric (+upgrade Meze OFC copper cable) for a few weeks now. Did not like it in the beginning. Thin midrange and peaky highs. I bought it from a friend who had it for only a few weeks and it needed to burn in a little more. I have heard the Liric with my: Mojo, Mojo2, TT2, iFi iDSD Sig, iFi Zen DAC V2. And with my friends iBasso DX320 with AMP13 (tube). I prefer the Mojo 1 for the most sweet musical perfomance. Mids get fuller, highs are softened. Staging gets a little more intimate, but still very OK. Funny is that I also prefer the Zen dac v2 over the iDSD Sig, as the Zen is more midrange focussed. You loose some detail though. iBasso was the most impressive, even more than my TT2 (!)
I let mine burn in for 3 days before really listening to it. I only ever used it with the OFC copper cable and I find the tonal balance quite nice. For me, sub-bass extension is the foundation of music and anything that rolls off doesn't sound "real" to me. That was one of the primary things I noticed compared to the Stellia, which definitely hit harder in the mid-bass but maybe obscured some of the lowest frequencies. The Lirics really extend on both ends and the imaging and separation is excellent. Was a bit sharp on the BTR5, but overall an engaging listen on my Jot 2 and AK320. Keep in mind, I'm in my mid-40's so while I can hear high frequencies....maybe not as well as I used to.

If someone checks out Murakami by Made in Heights, you get this transparent crystal clear treble and when the bass line comes in, you don't think the same headphone is capable of that bass depth and texture.

Aside from just the sound, these are comfortable and just look and feel amazing. The headphone game has come a long way since the 90's.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #1,185 of 1,490
If anyone doesn't need or want the stock cables, I would like to buy it from you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back