Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Sep 13, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #1,141 of 1,495
I want to share a personal plan with all my partners and friends in HeadFi forum. I'll take a long break later this month, and this will probably last till the end of 2022. I'll stay out of the radar completely and will resurface when I am fit to handle my job again. If you need any assistance on Meze Audio products, please feel free to PM @MezeTeam or left your message on Meze Audio Contact page. I'll hand over my ongoing activities/PM to them gradually next week. I really enjoy my time with the HeadFi forum and am looking forward to meeting with you again after my long vacation.
Enjoy your time off and hopefully recharge the batteries. :thumbsup:

Sep 14, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #1,142 of 1,495
Is anyone using Meze Liric with RME ADI-2 FS? I am thinking of buying it because there is so much customization for this device but I have no idea how will it sound. Online reviews usually say it is flat (which is not bad), and it has 2d soundstage.

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #1,143 of 1,495
Hey Guys,

Finally purchased the Liric's yesterday! Just a quick question regarding burn-in. I'm very skeptical about burn-in myself, but I've seen enough people in this thread mention how the sound improves over time to simply ignore. How long would you say it takes for the Liric's to really reach its full prowess? Right now I find I need to boost the bass of these cans, but I'm wondering if the bass would improve over time.

I've seen a couple reviews of people saying the bass is deep and energetic, but I find it to be more flat and tight.

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #1,144 of 1,495
Hey Guys,

Finally purchased the Liric's yesterday! Just a quick question regarding burn-in. I'm very skeptical about burn-in myself, but I've seen enough people in this thread mention how the sound improves over time to simply ignore. How long would you say it takes for the Liric's to really reach its full prowess? Right now I find I need to boost the bass of these cans, but I'm wondering if the bass would improve over time.

I've seen a couple reviews of people saying the bass is deep and energetic, but I find it to be more flat and tight.
I did maybe 20 hours burn in.

Bass is not lacking on the liric. They are source dependent. I find the most bass from my tube based gear.

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #1,145 of 1,495
Hey Guys,

I'm not lacking Bass with the Singxer SA1 and SMSL SP400.
But I use oratory1990 EQ settings in Roon.

Wonderful headphones really.

Sep 14, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #1,146 of 1,495
Thanks guys! I think it may be because I'm in the office right now, so the ambiances of the office is probably affecting the amount of bass I'm hearing (using an iFi micro signature blue). At home there was definitely more bass coming out of the cans, that's why I'm thinking it's probably the outside noise.

Edit: It seems like switching my signature from Eco to Normal mode helped with getting the bass levels back to how they were when I was testing these at home last night.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #1,147 of 1,495
How would one rate the warmth of the Liric vs. Stellia and Ether C Flow?

Hey! I've only owned my Liric's for a day so far and had the chance to try out the Stellias for a few hours (so don't take my comments for face value), but the Stellias to me are a much warmer headphone. The Lirics are definitely a "lighter" and more airy sounding headphone to me than the Stellias which are very mid forward.

Sep 14, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #1,148 of 1,495
I like these EQ settings for the liric Screenshot_20220817-191043_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sep 15, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #1,149 of 1,495
Hey! I've only owned my Liric's for a day so far and had the chance to try out the Stellias for a few hours (so don't take my comments for face value), but the Stellias to me are a much warmer headphone. The Lirics are definitely a "lighter" and more airy sounding headphone to me than the Stellias which are very mid forward.
That’s strange. Other people told me that the Liric is way more warm and bassy than the Stellia

Sep 15, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #1,150 of 1,495
That’s strange. Other people told me that the Liric is way more warm and bassy than the Stellia
Liric has a slight V shape whereas the Stellia is mid forward. I think the Stellia comes across as warmer

Sep 15, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #1,151 of 1,495
Liric ordered with the 4.4mm balanced cable (great deal!).

First full size Meze (have the Advar’s) and first planar - looking forward to them!!

Sep 15, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #1,152 of 1,495
The 109Pro official thread is finally HERE.

As our first dynamic open-back headphone, the 109Pro is powered by a 50 mm dynamic driver, this headphone is a demonstration of our commitment to go beyond the faithful reproduction of sound to deliver pure emotion. At the heart of the headphone is the 109 series Dual-Composites diaphragm featuring a Beryllium-coated semicrystalline polymer torus, a cellulose-carbon fiber composite dome and a copper-zinc alloy ring stabilizer. This is an all-new design that sounds nothing like our previous dynamic headphones.

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 17.31.28.jpeg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 15, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #1,153 of 1,495
The 109Pro official thread is finally HERE.

As our first dynamic open-back headphone, the 109Pro is powered by a 50 mm dynamic driver, this headphone is a demonstration of our commitment to go beyond the faithful reproduction of sound to deliver pure emotion. At the heart of the headphone is the 109 series Dual-Composites diaphragm featuring a Beryllium-coated semicrystalline polymer torus, a cellulose-carbon fiber composite dome and a copper-zinc alloy ring stabilizer. This is an all-new design that sounds nothing like our previous dynamic headphones.

... and who will be organizing a review tour of the 109 Pro now when you take your break ??? :sunglasses:
Take your well-deserved time off and come back soon!

(...seems I have to buy the 109 Pro blindly)

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #1,154 of 1,495

I was actually surprised when I saw people mention that. I actually had the boost the lower mids and lower the upper treble because I didn't find the Lirics as warm as I'd like them to be stock. I definitely agree with the other poster with Liric being slightly V shaped. It's a definitely an air headphone (like the higher end Hifiman headphones).

Sep 16, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #1,155 of 1,495
I have Meze Liric with Ifi Gryphon and Forza Claire hybrid balanced cables. I listen the Spotify music through phone.

Any suggestions what would be the next steps to improve the listening experience? Better streaming channel? Digital audio player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back