Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Mar 7, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #1,201 of 1,443
Ouch. Some posts itt (e.g. p68) seemed to indicate otherwise - will probably give a cable upgrade a go in any event.
Yrstruly

You mention Page 68 where I did comment about my observations from page 67 on moving from stock, to Meze's upgrade cables, to the Plussound Copper+ to correct what I thought what was holding back these headphones from being spectacular
but as with anything in this hobby we all continue to tinker, went to Can Jam So CA and was able to demo the Lyrics using the Eletech Inferno cable and found even more changes I was looking for
But I also do agree with Tano above, that you need to be close with your choice in Headphones as Cable is fine tuning.
I've mentioned in my write ups, what I write is IMO and YMM.
I also state will a cable change take an overly bright or dark headphone/iem and suddenly make it neutral/natural or take a modest headphone and make it outperform a Kilobuck headphone? Sadley No.
But if the Lyrics are close for you, then changing cables could tune in or out what you think is off, with or without using EQ (again IMO and YMMV).

If possible try and go to a local meet, or to a Can Jam or similar show where you can demo live on your own headphones with your own source to get where you want to go, as most of us who write here are basing what we write on subjectively to what we hear/like, and nothing beats you making a judgment based on your own ears.
If i may also add, find reviewers or writters who you've found match your opinions/impressions, and use that as a guideline but still do your own testing where you can, would be my advice.
And well my advice and a $1 might get you a cup of coffee....

Hope this info helps

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #1,202 of 1,443
Looking for a cable upgrade for the Liric to tame the upper mids / slightly tizziness in vocals and cymbals and add a touch of warmth. From posts above sounds like Inferno is a good shout. Any other suggestions? Thanks all
Eletech Inferno - better bass, less sibilance: the sound gets thick and 3d like - absolutely addictive!

Mar 9, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #1,203 of 1,443
Nice set to explore music. :beyersmile:

Attachments

• IMG_20230309_192743.jpg
    IMG_20230309_192743.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Mar 9, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #1,204 of 1,443
Nice set to explore music. :beyersmile:

The ones who think Liric has too much treble uppers, iCan tubes really attenuates it.

If you want, iCan also is more than able to increase the bass. I love it!

Fully recommended!

My set is iBasso DX320 with AMP12 + IFI Pro iCan + Meze Liric.

I also have ItsFit Fusion IEMs for portable setup with DX320.

I'm sure that this this my set for a long time.

Allthough, my dream would be Meze Elite.

Mar 9, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #1,205 of 1,443
The ones who think Liric has too much treble uppers, iCan tubes really attenuates it.

Fully recommended!

Any thoughts how to improve?

Mar 9, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #1,206 of 1,443

Fully recommended!

I used to be an athlete, and due to the become disabled, I sold all the gears and placed money on music (and its gears).

Mar 9, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #1,207 of 1,443
What’s your source/amp/dac?
Cables will, at best, be subtle in changes. Whereas an overly bright system more problematic.

For what it’s worth Corpse Cables are very well made, not horribly expensive, and are Cardas copper. I use those and the Nordost Blue heaven. No tizz to the treble.
Cheers - source is as set out in my sig. Not expecting huge changes but saw some positive reports of sibilance being reduced a tad after cable upgrade so thought worth a shot.
Yrstruly

You mention Page 68 where I did comment about my observations from page 67 on moving from stock, to Meze's upgrade cables, to the Plussound Copper+ to correct what I thought what was holding back these headphones from being spectacular
but as with anything in this hobby we all continue to tinker, went to Can Jam So CA and was able to demo the Lyrics using the Eletech Inferno cable and found even more changes I was looking for
But I also do agree with Tano above, that you need to be close with your choice in Headphones as Cable is fine tuning.
I've mentioned in my write ups, what I write is IMO and YMM.
I also state will a cable change take an overly bright or dark headphone/iem and suddenly make it neutral/natural or take a modest headphone and make it outperform a Kilobuck headphone? Sadley No.
But if the Lyrics are close for you, then changing cables could tune in or out what you think is off, with or without using EQ (again IMO and YMMV).

If possible try and go to a local meet, or to a Can Jam or similar show where you can demo live on your own headphones with your own source to get where you want to go, as most of us who write here are basing what we write on subjectively to what we hear/like, and nothing beats you making a judgment based on your own ears.
If i may also add, find reviewers or writters who you've found match your opinions/impressions, and use that as a guideline but still do your own testing where you can, would be my advice.
And well my advice and a $1 might get you a cup of coffee....

Hope this info helps
Thanks for this! Just to be clear: I am very happy with the Liric and on board with it sound sig for the most part. Really, really dig how open and spacious it sounds for a closed back. There are some tracks where I'm picking up sibilance and cymbals can sometimes be a bit too strident. Given some of the posts I've seen in here, thought worth looking into cable upgrade as a means to fine tune the sound sig, but NOT expecting (or indeed wanting) drastic changes.

Also v well aware things are subjective and that there's no substitute for trying things yourself with this hobby!

Thanks again :)

Mar 9, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #1,209 of 1,443
Cheers - source is as set out in my sig. Not expecting huge changes but saw some positive reports of sibilance being reduced a tad after cable upgrade so thought worth a shot.
Got it. I haven’t used Liric and Mojo 2. Not sure why not. I’ll give it a shot.

If you want braided and fancy looking, try the Norne Drausk. I used one to try to get better synergy of Empyrean to Hugo 2. I found the combo a bit soft on treble.

Mar 22, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #1,210 of 1,443
Lotoo PAW 6000 + Cayin C9 + Meze Liric makes for a great portable setup.

2X2A1008.jpeg

Mar 28, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #1,211 of 1,443
For those who find the Liric somehow too bright (like me), there is a simple solution! Just use the 99 classics stock cable! The upper treble is tamed and much more pleasant, vocals are fuller and placed a bit forward and the midbass is a bit stronger. Now, the Liric sound almost perfect to me! (almost - since nothing is perfect). The sounstage becomes a bit narrower, as well as separation, but the benefits are much more important, at least to me.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #1,212 of 1,443
We meant to provide more information at a later time when we have the tools and video ready, but since your bought this up, I can answer this question briefly.
  1. The earpad are glued to the headphone, you can't remove it and put it back on again. If you removed the earpad, it will be damaged and can't be reused, that's why we put up a warning in our manual to alert our users that they must not attempt to pull, remove, replace or repair this component.
  2. The earpad are replaceable. If you want to replace the earpad, you'll be provided several options for replacement, and one of the options will be an replacement kit for users who want to change the earpad themselves (and we are going to make a video to explain the procedures). We'll treat each case individually, depending on our customers needs and possibilities.
  3. We expect the ear pads to last for 2 years, as stipulated in the warranty, therefore we assume the video and earpad replacement kit is not urgent. We plan to spend some time to look for user-friendly replacement components and try to simplify the procedure before we produce the video.
  4. We have revised our online user manual to minimize unnecessary frustration or misunderstanding.
I would like to have the updated removable pad option installed so I can pad roll these. They fit my ears decent but they sound way less engaging than most of my other headphones and so I assume many people will want to roll pads to find what works, either that or these will go up for sale quickly.
P.S. They arrived yesterday and already I’m not using them.

Mar 28, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #1,213 of 1,443
I've listened to the Lyric next to the 109 Pro. For me it was clear cut. - The Lyric was better in every way, no question as it should considering the price difference.

Less strident, fuller and lacking the treble edginess of the 109 Pro.

Lovely HP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back