MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 28, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #3,123 of 5,675
Why not use the aluminum case? Isn't that what it's for? Looks like it would work OK if moving is necessary?
It actually works great, but some want a smaller case.

Sep 28, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #3,124 of 5,675
Why not use the aluminum case? Isn't that what it's for? Looks like it would work OK if moving is necessary?
I use it all the time when I'm travelling. It does what it's supposed to do, protect the headphones in a hardened shell so I never have to worry about the case be squashed etc.

Sep 28, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #3,125 of 5,675
Hi
I use this which fits them quite well along with spare pads and cables.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084CRHYC3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I use a piece of foam on top to keep them nice and snug.

Cheers
I have this case as well for my Sennheiser 8XX, and it fits fine. It's nowhere near as sturdy as a pelican or seahorse case, but it's fine for basic travel. If you want something you can beat up, check out Harbor Freight or Amazon for Pelican-like cases. Plenty of knock-off's out there that'll get the job done. Also, military surplus stores sell them pre-"distressed".

Sep 28, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #3,126 of 5,675
Does someone here have Elite and RME ADI 2 Fs?
I usually use NOS da filter for my ADX5k, it is best for me. When i listened to violins i felt like elite was missing something and tried other filters, sd sharp just gave that something to those violing highs.

Sep 28, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #3,127 of 5,675
Does someone here have Elite and RME ADI 2 Fs?
I usually use NOS da filter for my ADX5k, it is best for me. When i listened to violins i felt like elite was missing something and tried other filters, sd sharp just gave that something to those violing highs.
Not the RME but with Holo May, NOS sounds more rounded with a sense of ease.
Once I switch to HQP soundstage opens and more pinpoint, at the sacrifice of timbre.

I'm not 100% sure if RME has true NOS or simulated NOS.

Sep 28, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #3,128 of 5,675
Okay guys, I finally had the chance to spend a little under an hour listening to the Elite's non-stop with fresh ears. I actually like them a lot, MUCH more than when I had tested them a couple weeks ago. They are extremely comfortable and have a pleasing, laid-back tuning that still provides plenty of resolution, but doesn't push that resolution to your face like many other headphones do (specifically other TOTLs).

However, as much as I enjoyed them, I just can't see myself spending $4k for them given what I feel is still subpar technical performance for the price. I think the soundstage/imaging and timbre are definitely TOTL quality, but every other aspect isn't, unfortunately. But with that being said, if there was one TOTL headphone that I'd have to own, it would be these as I think these provide the best balance in terms of performance, comfort, and reliability/support when it comes to Meze. I just feel like these lack that last bit of clarity that I'd want from high-end cans for me to justify the purchase (which I'm sure is also due to how Meze wanted these tuned).

But I definitely see why so many of you love these headphones, everything just sounds so pleasant and relaxing on them.

Sep 28, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #3,129 of 5,675
Well all the above is likely true about technical performance, but it seems that every headphone has something wrong with it. Without exception. So for someone who wants a great sounding musical headphone that is comfortable for hours on end, with awesome build quality, then the Elites are going to do that. Have to decide what is good enough, individual thing.

Sep 28, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #3,130 of 5,675
Well all the above is likely true about technical performance, but it seems that every headphone has something wrong with it. Without exception. So for someone who wants a great sounding musical headphone that is comfortable for hours on end, with awesome build quality, then the Elites are going to do that. Have to decide what is good enough, individual thing.
Absolutely. And tbf to the elites, the lack of clarity is more so to do with that the fact that I also use my headphones for music production, so having cans that are relatively accurate in terms of the FR is pretty important for that. The elites seem to add this coloration that would probably make it hard for me to properly mix what I produce. But if it wasn't for that, I'd definitely be saving up/selling other cans to make these my end game cans.

Sep 28, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #3,131 of 5,675
Gotcha. For professional mixing duties, prolly going to want to look into LCD5 or similar I would imagine, not being a mixing engineer but a trader, priorities much different.

Sep 28, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #3,132 of 5,675
Gotcha. For professional mixing duties, prolly going to want to look into LCD5 or similar I would imagine, not being a mixing engineer but a trader, priorities much different.
Yeah, I unfortunately am selling the LCD-5's, mainly due to comfort issues, but the HD 800s is fantastic in this regard as well. TBH, I may still save up money over the next few months and purchase the Elites in the future. I don't think I'd be able to use it for music making, but for everything else it's fantastic, especially when I just want to relax for hours and vibe to some tunes.

Sep 28, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #3,133 of 5,675
Yeah, I unfortunately am selling the LCD-5's, mainly due to comfort issues, but the HD 800s is fantastic in this regard as well. TBH, I may still save up money over the next few months and purchase the Elites in the future. I don't think I'd be able to use it for music making, but for everything else it's fantastic, especially when I just want to relax for hours and vibe to some tunes.
So glad I don't mix and only use headphones to enjoy music. I love my Elites 😃

Sep 28, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #3,134 of 5,675
VC is my current goal to supplement Elite and Susvara. VC is the best closed back for me, compared to the orher popular and newly released ones (Liric, Stealth, Stellia, Radiance, etc). Plus amps that go well with Elites seem to also be great with VC
Hey there! If I can help a brother out, I have been considering letting go of my VC Stabilized. It pains me to do so, but realistically I don't use closed backs :)

Have my eyes on getting Elites again haha

Attachments

• 880E0F53-F5A3-415F-9626-7BFDCE5BF922.jpeg
    880E0F53-F5A3-415F-9626-7BFDCE5BF922.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • BC0C283D-20A5-43F5-93C8-AF40D043A628.jpeg
    BC0C283D-20A5-43F5-93C8-AF40D043A628.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back