MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Oct 1, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #3,151 of 5,650
While I don’t think a cable can transform a headphone, I’m busy testing a Lavri cable on my Elite (coming from stock and then a Forza Noir Hybrid) and must say I’m quite impressed, in particular from the aspect of clarity and resolution.

It seems to be eeking out a little more detail and refinement. Does so in an elegant, layered manner. And yet still beautifully smooth. There’s a greater sense of stage - a little in width but mostly in depth. There are nuances and spatial effects that are more discernible and tangible elements of the soundscape.

Vocals in particular are quite special - clearer, purer, more space and breath around them, which results in the overall sound to be more holographic.
I also have a Lavri Grand silver and also coming from a Forza Noir Hybrid. I agree with everything you said.

Oct 1, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #3,152 of 5,650
@The1Signature I also have that Jazz Variants track on my "favorites" list and it's AMAZING, especially with the Elites. The slam, dynamics, speed, decay and expansive soundstage are incredible.

Oct 1, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #3,153 of 5,650
Oct 1, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #3,154 of 5,650
I also have a Lavri Grand silver and also coming from a Forza Noir Hybrid. I agree with everything you said.
My sentiments too. I have both and agree with you and Xenithon. Although I do prefer the smoother sound of the Forza Noir hybrid to the Lavri Grand with my Verite Closed. Horses for courses I suppose.

Oct 1, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #3,155 of 5,650
also have a Lavri Grand silver and also coming from a Forza Noir Hybrid.

My sentiments too. I have both

How do you both find the bass on the Elite with the grand? The cable I’m testing is the Master. I find the bass very controlled, taut, linear, but noticeable reduced compared to the Forza (both depth and impact).

Oct 1, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #3,156 of 5,650
@The1Signature I also have that Jazz Variants track on my "favorites" list and it's AMAZING, especially with the Elites. The slam, dynamics, speed, decay and expansive soundstage are incredible.
Yeah that's a good one. Added it to my playlist and adding a few more too. Reminds me of Crash Bandicoot Soundtrack on PS1 in parts. :L3000:

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #3,157 of 5,650
i want to buy this dual case from geekria for my meze elite and sennheiser 820

does anybody know if the meze elite fits into it? especially given that the ear pads from meze will be vertical as the examples from the picture and not flat like in the original meze case.

61AxIOVpaGL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #3,158 of 5,650
Wanted a hard case to take the Elite's to a friends which avoids taking a briefcase around with you (which you are trying not to scratch)...

I couldn't find the options previously recommended on this thread so went on a quest and found this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084CRHYC3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.geekriashop.com/collect...nt-extra-large-hard-shell-travel-carrying-bag

It comes with a little bag for the cables so you can put that bulky XLR connector in there to stop it moving around.

I removed the foam provided (assume for the Z1R) and used the silky insert at the bottom and cut an acoustic wall tile to size for the top. Easy!

Works pretty well - nice and snug.
are you still happy with that?

do you think the meze elite would also fit into this geekria case with the pre-defined cut-outs?

61ZVSHz90lL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Oct 3, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #3,159 of 5,650
are you still happy with that?

do you think the meze elite would also fit into this geekria case with the pre-defined cut-outs?

61ZVSHz90lL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Yeah it works pretty well. Definitely happy with that solution

Technically you could fit the Elite's in a smaller case as there is lots of room but this give more room for additional cables and padding.

The case you linked wouldn't fit them with the earcups facing down I don't think (as I store them) but likely standing up.

Since it Amazon you can always send it back :)

Oct 3, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #3,160 of 5,650
Since it Amazon you can always send it back :)
i know, but i don't like sending things back :) - guilty conscience... sustainability... and so :) let's see

Oct 3, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #3,161 of 5,650
I'm not one for EQ'ing the Elites but I stumbled upon this the other day and I had some time free to set it up in Roon.

I have to say it does sound rather good with EDM & Techno that I've been playing today. I used the Parametric EQ settings for the Hybrid pads. It seems they took Oratory1990's EQ and re-ran it through a new Parametric EQ optimiser. I'll give it a spell and revert back to norm after working my way through different genres.

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Au...man_over-ear_2018/Meze Elite (hybrid earpads)

Oct 3, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #3,162 of 5,650
I'm not one for EQ'ing the Elites but I stumbled upon this the other day and I had some time free to set it up in Roon.

I have to say it does sound rather good with EDM & Techno that I've been playing today. I used the Parametric EQ settings for the Hybrid pads. It seems they took Oratory1990's EQ and re-ran it through a new Parametric EQ optimiser. I'll give it a spell and revert back to norm after working my way through different genres.

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/oratory1990/harman_over-ear_2018/Meze Elite (hybrid earpads)
I use his EQ on the Elite's through the Bartok but just the first 5 bands. I like it too. I preferred the Oratory1990 EQ for the Empyreans.

I see he just updated it 15 days ago - might give the new one a try.

Oct 3, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #3,163 of 5,650
I tried the first 5 bands at first but now on with the full 10. It's impressive.

I've stopped myself from switching back and forth and just rolling with it for a while. The sub bass is very nice and the detail isn't fatiguing... I've been sat listening for about 5 hours so far today and still sounds great. I think it'll take a while of listening and then going back to be able to be able to tell it's full impact but I like it so far.

Oct 4, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #3,165 of 5,650
So immediate impressions using the silver Meze upgrade cables.... I think I hear that holographic soundstage people note. Soundstage is nice and wide but it also feels as if sound is around you in space with a great sense of depth. The bass is nice, tight, and punchy too. Yeah... I think I'm already falling in love and it's only been one song :k701smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back