METAL MAGIC RESEARCH (Thoughts and impressions)
Aug 18, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #256 of 943
I wrote that before so read your other post. Sorry about that.

I do feel the bass of the Thummim is warm and a little less tight than it can be. If the Odin improved it in these areas, well, that will be something. MVV is a big Thummim fan so his Odin review should be telling. Tks.
To be honest I am hoping Odin does compare well to this because I'll save more and the fit I am guessing would be better. I am still adjusting to Thummim's huge shell and fit. But other than that, I have no complaint.

Aug 19, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #257 of 943
I actually really like Thummim’s fit. I did, however, use CA’s Solaris SE prior and that’s massive in comparison.

I listened to the Thummim for more than two hours on the plane yesterday without any discomfort whatsoever.

Aug 19, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #258 of 943
I actually really like Thummim’s fit. I did, however, use CA’s Solaris SE prior and that’s massive in comparison.

I listened to the Thummim for more than two hours on the plane yesterday without any discomfort whatsoever.
anyone ask you what they were?

Aug 19, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #259 of 943
Lol. I'd like to know that too.
I've never seen anyone in London using anything nicer than a pair of SE846 (not counting Head-Fi) so it would be great to see these out.
....And as it turns out, @NYanakiev lives a very short journey from me!

Aug 19, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #260 of 943
oh man...

imagine if you two coincidentally bumped into each other while you were out and about and each wearing those metal angular things...that would be fun.

Aug 19, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #262 of 943
I've never seen anyone in London using anything nicer than a pair of SE846 (not counting Head-Fi) so it would be great to see these out.

You should try Singapore. I see people with CIEMs out-and-about at least twice a month. Heck, I saw someone with a pair of Sony MDR-Z7 headphones on the subway once. :D

Aug 19, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #263 of 943

Hehe indeed! I did get a funny look or two, while on the plane and at the airport for sure.

We are nearly neighbours, yes! What a coincidence in a place as massive as London!

Aug 19, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #264 of 943

I saw someone using the Focal Utopia on the subway a couple weeks ago (Korea). It was pretty obnoxious tbh... I could hear his music over my TWS.

Aug 20, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #266 of 943
I have seen a few, but not many either. One guy at the local Morrisons had a pair of InEars and of course I was out and about in London with various IEMs and cables. Had my Ei.3 made for travelling on the Tube in my own personal, blissfully quiet music bubble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back