METAL MAGIC RESEARCH (Thoughts and impressions)
Aug 7, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #166 of 943
Curious as to what everyone is using as a source for Thummim.

I sold my 1Z and only have a Sony TPA-105 and Lotoo Paw S1 now and looking for a good desktop dac/amp or dap to pair with.
The S1 works great, the Thummim are easy to drive, and I even used that pairing for some sessions with the PS4. :grin: My main listening is with the PAW6000, which I love.

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #167 of 943
I currently have a Cayin n6ii+e02, which sounded great with the Thummim (might be selling the Cayin soon though);

Hugo2Go was most excellent too.
Another vote for the Hugo2. It hisses a tiny bit, but it sounds insanely good. Other than that PAW S1 and LPGT

Thanks guys. Hugo 2 sounds good, I can get a used one for about $1100.

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #168 of 943
Lots of Lotoo fans on here!

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #169 of 943
The S1 works great, the Thummim are easy to drive, and I even used that pairing for some sessions with the PS4. :grin: My main listening is with the PAW6000, which I love.
I’ve genuinely been considering trading my LPGT for a PAW6000 to get some cash back. The feedback for it is quite unanimously great

Thanks guys. Hugo 2 sounds good, I can get a used one for about $1100.
I paid 1450$ for a brand new one. You can get crazy deals on the Hugo2

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #171 of 943
The S1 really is a beautiful device.

The LP6K’s also on my radar, LPGT’s a bit out of my price range atm lol.
Yeah honestly I love the LPGT but for the price difference I can’t reasonably recommend it over the Paw6000

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #172 of 943
Lots of Lotoo fans on here!
Lotoo is quite a unique brand that makes pure music players with few add-on features like streaming or apps or such, but what they make is of a very high quality and for me personally that ticks all the boxes.
I’ve genuinely been considering trading my LPGT for a PAW6000 to get some cash back. The feedback for it is quite unanimously great
It is a great DAP and I genuinely think great value for money, although I would personally love to move up to the LPGT. A while back I read some of your thoughts on sources and that made me realise I have grown to value the quality of a source more and more over the years. So now I have been drooling over silly amps and DACs I can never afford and wondering how IEMs would scale on a Fidelice Precision DAC or a Dave or the likes. :sweat_smile:

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #173 of 943
Lotoo is quite a unique brand that makes pure music players with few add-on features like streaming or apps or such, but what they make is of a very high quality and for me personally that ticks all the boxes.

It is a great DAP and I genuinely think great value for money, although I would personally love to move up to the LPGT. A while back I read some of your thoughts on sources and that made me realise I have grown to value the quality of a source more and more over the years. So now I have been drooling over silly amps and DACs I can never afford and wondering how IEMs would scale on a Fidelice Precision DAC or a Dave or the likes. :sweat_smile:
I think the day you start drooling over sources more so than you’re drooling over IEMs you’ve reached a level of emotional maturity that Head-Fi isn’t prepared for

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #174 of 943
I think the day you start drooling over sources more so than you’re drooling over IEMs you’ve reached a level of emotional maturity that Head-Fi isn’t prepared for
I think that might be true, although I realise that it is a level of emotional maturity that my wallet isn't prepared for either. :sweat_smile:

Aug 7, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #175 of 943
I think that might be true, although I realise that it is a level of emotional maturity that my wallet isn't prepared for either. :sweat_smile:
With my birthday coming up I’ve actually kinda been inspecting a Hugo TT2... I’d just like to play around with it first before committing that kind of cash to it

Aug 7, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #176 of 943
Another vote for Hugo 2 with Thummim. I love the pairing and it provides pretty incredible resolution and stage dimensions. Hugo 2 is not my favorite with some other more sensitive IEMs because of hiss, but on Thummim it is great and provides a very black background. It has a little more magic than my N6ii with the E01 on AB, but I suppose it should.

IMG_5764.JPG

-Collin-

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #177 of 943
I am still looking for my search and still Thummim is on the top of the list, 2nd Erlky/Odin. But all the impressions I have heard, what ticks my box is : the soundstage, goes well with all genres, and is fun sounding. I should be able to get one in Sept.

Guys in EU, are you buying it from Musicteck? How much customs did you guys end up paying?

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #179 of 943
I am still looking for my search and still Thummim is on the top of the list, 2nd Erlky/Odin. But all the impressions I have heard, what ticks my box is : the soundstage, goes well with all genres, and is fun sounding. I should be able to get one in Sept.

Guys in EU, are you buying it from Musicteck? How much customs did you guys end up paying?
Will send you a pm about purchasing the Thummim :)

I’ll also receive the Odin next week so I’ll be able to do a proper side by side if you’re interested in that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back