MEElectronics "M What?" Promotion
Jul 30, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #76 of 179

Quote:
Ordered 2 pairs and got a M11p+ and M6 plus some extra tips!
smile_phones.gif

Well thats freaking great.  Should complement your $1000 FAD.  
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #77 of 179
Hey guys, haven't posted in a long time, but my Shure SE310s crapped out and I needed to order something quick. This promotion was super cool so I committed for 2 pairs, I got:

M6p-Black
M9-silver

I'm actually glad I got at least one M6 pair, in fact I would have preferred it to M11+ because I keep hearing about how comfortable they are.

Can anyone tell me why the Shure SE310s were discontinued? There doesn't seem to be a newer model that replaces them.

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #79 of 179
m9p

Although I obviously would have preferred something more expensive, these are more practical than anything else because I can use them at work without feeling obligated to baby them.  Plus the play/pause button on the mic is convenient for my ipod.

Sound quality is quite good, but I had to run through almost all tip/position combinations before I found one that worked.

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #80 of 179
Received my package, tore it open and pulled out...a pair of M9s.

No additional gift either! Boo!

Well it was a nice gamble and the M9s aren't bad at all so I'm fine with it.

Jul 31, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #82 of 179

Quote:
The M9 receivers should've at least have gotten an additonal gift to balance things out a bit imo.

I got a free pair of SX whatevers, their $8 model. You aren't missing anything, ha. I think the primary reason I would have wanted an M11+ was to do a review. Ah well. Random is random.

I don't think Meelec has really broken out of the gate yet with their offerings. They took a respected spot in the sub $50 market. I'm not sure how the M11+ fares in the $50-$100 range, but I suspect we aren't gonna see serious competition to mid-ish-fi from them until their next fully new model release. 

Jul 31, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #84 of 179
I jumped on the bandwagon. Looks like a good bargain no matter what kind of earphones you get.

Jul 31, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #85 of 179
Anyone up for an iem swap? Got of set of m9's with an extra set of clear white tips, looking for the m6's...
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #86 of 179
Well, I was going to buy the SM3s, but meh, shelling out 40AUD for a random earphone promotion sounds much better :p Especially since I don't have to worry about babying them too much :) Guess this'll be my first decent IEM!

Aug 1, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #87 of 179
I received a set of M9P's.  I just ordered two more mystery packages.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is over the M9's being "bass heavy". They seem pretty moderate to me. Even with the "bass enhanced" setting on my iphone EQ, it sounds good and the mids/highs have no issue keeping up.

After the 50hr burn in elapses, do they become more bass heavy?

Aug 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #89 of 179

Quote:
I'm not sure what all the fuss is over the M9's being "bass heavy". They seem pretty moderate to me. Even with the "bass enhanced" setting on my iphone EQ, it sounds good and the mids/highs have no issue keeping up.

I don't think they're bass heavy either. I think some people have more of an issue with the bass being a bit unrefined, which isn't a surprise at $20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back