MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones
Aug 4, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #1,051 of 1,638

Quote:
Darn, those Audio Technica's are $600 USD, any place cheaper than Audio^3s? Oh, and START YOUR OWN FRIGGEN THREAD! this thread is for the awesomeness that is the Z1000's (TBH I haven't even heard mine yet, the L3 hasn't arrived 
mad.gif
)

Or in-/mal-/unawesomeness, according to Katun :)

If L3 is an amp, just forget about it and plug them in already, heh.

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #1,052 of 1,638
being away from this thread for a few thousand seconds, and the z1000 hasnt garnered tat many votes.
confused_face.gif

looking back at the cans i had, the z1000 and w5000 have been the two cans tat are exotic dishes to me.
One is honky, the other is hallish..i wont eat them everyday, but once in a while would be fun..esp with chorals..churchy hymnals.
( i dun have the $$$luxury of keeping them with me, so i bade farewell, otherwise i would still keep them tobehonest.)

my everyday staple would be the hd600  or dt770/600ohm..err...add the d2000.
at this moment, i am having a fun time feasting at the lower budget items...novo amp...littledot mk3..
playing around with usbcables/rcas/powercords just to find that sonic bliss with a low budget.
(sold my hd800, T1, ed8...still struggling to let the t5p go..heartbreaking, its clarity is amazing.)

I think midfi has a $weet$weet$pot with most, which i am one deepdown.
beerchug.gif

=====================

did someone just mention the 2000x...hmmmm
deadhorse.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 9, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #1,054 of 1,638
Are you sure its not a kirin?

Aug 26, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #1,057 of 1,638
Got a set of these cans 2 days ago. I am VERY pleased. Extension, immense detail, incrdible vocals, very very tight defined bass. The bass is lacking in impact if you are a bass lover. Adding a light bass boost on my dap solves 90% of the problem though.
I am very much into bass heavy music but I am more than willing to loose a little bass impact compared to the bass monsters that over emphasize the bass. Mostly because the bass in these cans is fairly impactfull while having incredible precision and speed.

It is fuller and better un amped than my DT880 600ohm out of a powerful headamp.

I love the feel and the build quality of these. I am keeping them for the long run :)

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #1,060 of 1,638
Such steller headphones. It's been a while to see actually decent full-sized closed headphones.

I have DT250 pads, attempting to put them on Z1000, but it seems it may be hard...

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #1,061 of 1,638
They fit rather well, but not without some problems. They will change the sound of the headphones... A bit less bass with a little bit less resolution.

But oh well, same thing happens to V6 series anyway.

But, with these (p)leather pads gone the comfort is now superb.

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #1,062 of 1,638

Quote:
They fit rather well, but not without some problems. They will change the sound of the headphones... A bit less bass with a little bit less resolution.

But oh well, same thing happens to V6 series anyway.

But, with these (p)leather pads gone the comfort is now superb.

thanks so much for this info! now they are definitely on my list.

Sep 18, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #1,063 of 1,638
I hope this exceeds the SA5000 in technical strength - it certainly **appears** to exceed in functionality,,,

I guess we should't hold our breath for a wood/metal/leather retro-style, super-high-end "MDR Z2000", he lolol. Though if Sony ever did make an R10 succesor, the "R????" knowing their pricing tendencies, they'd want $2000 for it, hmmm? But this new Z-series racks up points for being semi-portable. If the 1000 is as good a bang-for-buck as the ZX700, Sony has delivered a champ. They really seem to be gearing up to compete in portable audio once more... for example - The EX1000 IEM has had a stupendous response in proportion to its chillingly high cost...(but will it last...?)

Sep 18, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #1,064 of 1,638

Quote:
I hope this exceeds the SA5000 in technical strength - it certainly **appears** to exceed in functionality,,,

I guess we should't hold our breath for a wood/metal/leather retro-style, super-high-end "MDR Z2000", he lolol. Though if Sony ever did make an R10 succesor, the "R????" knowing their pricing tendencies, they'd want $2000 for it, hmmm? But this new Z-series racks up points for being semi-portable. If the 1000 is as good a bang-for-buck as the ZX700, Sony has delivered a champ. They really seem to be gearing up to compete in portable audio once more... for example - The EX1000 IEM has had a stupendous response in proportion to its chillingly high cost...(but will it last...?)

Well, pretty much everything exceeds SA5000 in terms of sound tho. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back