MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones
Nov 23, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #376 of 1,638

Quote:
It is the build quality that they lack and I was hoping that the Z1000 would turn out to be a better CD3000.

And think twice before you sell them,there are not that many phones that can better them.

Awww so he'll hate the SA5K's then =p

There's a chance we'll trade some items.

Nov 23, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #377 of 1,638

Quote:

Quote:
It is the build quality that they lack and I was hoping that the Z1000 would turn out to be a better CD3000.

And think twice before you sell them,there are not that many phones that can better them.

I am sure he would love them (SA5000),out of all the phones I tried and purchased many years ago the SA5000 is the only one I still have.

And I still have a soft spot for it as well

Nov 25, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #378 of 1,638

Quote:
Quote:

I am sure he would love them (SA5000),out of all the phones I tried and purchased many years ago the SA5000 is the only one I still have.

And I still have a soft spot for it as well

I've now parted with my SA5000's.

It was great while it lasted, I never felt the need to search for a better headphone, at least dynamic-driver based, which I why I was hesitant towards the CD3000's.

After trading with svyr I've now ventured into the electrostatic realm, sounds teriffic so far, he seems to trade a lot and take great care of his gear, I hope he enjoys the SA5000.

Nov 25, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #379 of 1,638
Hmm... a reasonably priced high end alternative to the HD800 posse, this might be exactly what i'm looking for. I've already seen an (Australian) internet source selling them for under $600 shipped to the U.S. Very tempting indeed.

Nov 25, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #380 of 1,638

Quote:
Hmm... a reasonably priced high end alternative to the HD800 posse, this might be exactly what i'm looking for. I've already seen an (Australian) internet source selling them for under $600 shipped to the U.S. Very tempting indeed.

All headphones are an alternative to the HD 800... I don't see what links you draw between these two headphones lol... Closed studio monitor vs open "audiophile" can...

Nov 25, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #381 of 1,638
Yes they may have different intended uses, but that's not my point. A headphone that is comparable with the big guns sonically, at a significant discount is bound to raise to interest. That's all i'm saying.

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #382 of 1,638

Quote:
Yes they may have different intended uses, but that's not my point. A headphone that is comparable with the big guns sonically, at a significant discount is bound to raise to interest. That's all i'm saying.

This is true. But to be fair most people who are saying the HD 800 are "untouchable" are, well, the people that own them :p. At any rate if these babies drop low enough I will get them but 600$ is way too much to bite for me right now.

Personally I love sony designs, and this is no different.

Nov 26, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #383 of 1,638

Quote:
All headphones are an alternative to the HD 800... I don't see what links you draw between these two headphones lol... Closed studio monitor vs open "audiophile" can...

They are both company flagships from Germany and Japan, who both had similiar imaginative technological ideas in the past respectively namely wwII

Nov 26, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #384 of 1,638

I've now parted with my SA5000's.

It was great while it lasted, I never felt the need to search for a better headphone, at least dynamic-driver based, which I why I was hesitant towards the CD3000's.

After trading with svyr I've now ventured into the electrostatic realm, sounds teriffic so far, he seems to trade a lot and take great care of his gear, I hope he enjoys the SA5000.

I know we're having offtop here, but SA5000 are really nice. (and my total num of sony items didn't change. Since I traded in my EX700... oh wait, it increased, Re: bluray player from them... NOOOOOEEEEES)

I have to boost the bass a bit, which is a bit blasphemous, but who cares:

After that they sound like a little less forward but more natural SR404 on my SRM1. And that's on a dodgy musiland MD11 (slightly rolled off highs and consequently forward mids).

Heh, probably means I'll have to sell SA5000 when Auspost stops messing with me WRT to delivery of SR-507:

27/11/10 06:59 Onboard with driver
26/11/10 08:00 Onboard with driver

First they don't deliver on fri, despite loading it on the delivery car, now they claim to want to deliver on an election Sat. Magic....

Nov 27, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #389 of 1,638
If they are made of the same stuff the pads on the XB500 are made of then I don't think it matters. The Pleather on the XB500 is pretty good stuff, absolutely the softest material I've ever felt on headphone pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back