Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Nov 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #3,286 of 5,176
yeah as i expected thanx a lot guys!
now i need to wait two days before i can waltz into shop and buy one, seems eargasm need to wait :frowning2:

About ur new to buy adaptercable..try to buy a good one. Not ur standard pc adapter cable..Or check toxic cables in uk or double helix cables in usa...or a good audio shop.
And..let the ur new little baby burn in properly..mine took a few days especially with the new opa627 mod i bought.
Another tip..the little rubber thingies under the amp...i had to replace almost all of them as they tend to get loose and lost...they are glued with a very bad glue..so be carefull when u take ur amp around in ur laptop bag(as i did..lolz)..or buy new dampening feet for it..in the shop ur going to buy ur cable in.u can buy some not to expensive.and better feet always helps in soundquality..and in my opinion it looks better with big round feet then the eenie meenie thingies they call feet... :p

Have fun with ur new amp..u willl love her..i did! Mine is regretfully on sale now because of the tube beast i bought now and is now not used anymore..

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #3,287 of 5,176
Probably a redundant question but I'm quite anal with stuff like this. Is the M-stage from tamaudio (no mods) different in any way from the one directly from MatrixElectronics?

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #3,288 of 5,176
Probably a redundant question but I'm quite anal with stuff like this. Is the M-stage from tamaudio (no mods) different in any way from the one directly from MatrixElectronics?

As far i know its not same amp..but am not sure..mine came from tamaudio..check google..am sure u will find ur answer:D

I got the opa627 also from tamaudio..and last i checked they sell a already modded mstage ready to go..:D

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #3,289 of 5,176
Quote:
As far i know its not same amp..but am not sure..mine came from tamaudio..check google..am sure u will find ur answer:D
I got the opa627 also from tamaudio..and last i checked they sell a already modded mstage ready to go..
biggrin.gif

Hardly any info on it lol. I doubt the internals are different though. Does the 2012 version have the side slats or not?

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #3,290 of 5,176
Quote:
Would it be pointless/overkill to buy the M-Stage, then use my NFB 12.1 as its DAC?

Nah.  Unless you don't plan on upgrading your DAC later.

Nov 16, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #3,291 of 5,176
Hardly any info on it lol. I doubt the internals are different though. Does the 2012 version have the side slats or not?

Yep new model has the cooling openings on the sides.and a new transformator...but..some say the older model..like my 2011 version..has a better soundsignature..i dont know by experience so i cant help u with that...as i only have this one since okt 2011..check this tread concerning tamaudio and matrix electronics:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/475618/matrix-m-stage-amp-review-simple-cheap-and-excellent/3045

Oh yeah..did i tell ya i have mine on sale?

Nov 16, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #3,292 of 5,176
Quote:

Yep new model has the cooling openings on the sides.and a new transformator...but..some say the older model..like my 2011 version..has a better soundsignature..i dont know by experience so i cant help u with that...as i only have this one since okt 2011..check this tread concerning tamaudio and matrix electronics:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/475618/matrix-m-stage-amp-review-simple-cheap-and-excellent/3045
Oh yeah..did i tell ya i have mine on sale?

Thanks. I'm getting a pretty good deal on one from Matrix Electronics 
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #3,293 of 5,176
Quote:
Thanks. I'm getting a pretty good deal on one from Matrix Electronics 
biggrin.gif

Yeah i bought from them too. I couldn't be happier. I feel i got a great price, plus free DHL shipping (really fast), plus they offered to mark the package as low cost so i didn't have to pay any custom or import fees.

Nov 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #3,294 of 5,176
Thanks. I'm getting a pretty good deal on one from Matrix Electronics :D

Good..i dont think u wont regret buying a mstrix mstage as its one heck of an amp..a goliath in disquise soundwise..but if u check the reviews u will see what i mean..

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #3,295 of 5,176
Quote:

Matrix's official site is http://www.matrix-digi.com/

I don't know how "MatrixElectronics" is affiliated, but Tam Audio is legit (they've been selling m-stages for a long time) and looks cheaper to me.  They also seem to have more of the latest up to date products there, like the M-Stage standalone DAC and the new mini dac/amp.

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #3,296 of 5,176
Matrix's official site is http://www.matrix-digi.com/

I don't know how "MatrixElectronics" is affiliated, but Tam Audio is legit (they've been selling m-stages for a long time) and looks cheaper to me.  They also seem to have more of the latest up to date products there, like the M-Stage standalone DAC and the new mini dac/amp.

And already modded ready to go m-stages..:D

Nov 17, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #3,297 of 5,176
MatrixElectronics.net isn't the official retailer by any means, I did order there though, and everything went fine, support was good. Site however is kinda shady and my order number was something like 70, which I thought was a bit weird. They do indeed declare their parcels as low value to avoid customs costs, not that it helped for me, since the dutch customs like to **** me in the ass at any opportunity given and I still had to pay €30 extra.

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #3,298 of 5,176
MatrixElectronics.net isn't the official retailer by any means, I did order there though, and everything went fine, support was good. Site however is kinda shady and my order number was something like 70, which I thought was a bit weird. They do indeed declare their parcels as low value to avoid customs costs, not that it helped for me, since the dutch customs like to **** me in the ass at any opportunity given and I still had to pay €30 extra.

Yeah i know what u mean..for my headphone cable dutch customs let me pay 120 euro extra.. I think it has to to with importing from usa..as i got thingies from china and i didnt pay a cent.. :D

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #3,299 of 5,176
Quote:

yeah as i expected thanx a lot guys!
now i need to wait two days before i can waltz into shop and buy one, seems eargasm need to wait 
frown.gif

Your card comes with 4 3.5mm stereo to RCA(red&white) cables.Plug the 3.5mm jack to the front out (green lit,3rd from the right) and the RCAs in one of the matrix's inputs and you're ok.Buying an expensive IC won't make any audible difference

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #3,300 of 5,176
Your card comes with 4 3.5mm stereo to RCA(red&white) cables.Plug the 3.5mm jack to the front out (green lit,3rd from the right) and the RCAs in one of the matrix's inputs and you're ok.Buying an expensive IC won't make any audible difference

Did u try that out urself..or u just say that by hearsay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back