Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Oct 29, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #3,166 of 5,176
What is the average burn-in time for the Matrix?
I happen to have two pairs of RCA interconnects: a 2965 Mogami and an Oehlbach NF1. Does anyone know if they are good enough to use with matrix?
Thanks

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #3,167 of 5,176
Quote:
I happen to have two pairs of RCA interconnects: a 2965 Mogami and an Oehlbach NF1. Does anyone know if they are good enough to use with matrix?
Thanks

I'm not really a burn in believer so I will say burn in is approx. 1/2 hour, long enough to let the Matrix warm up!

Cables like that are good enough for the Matrix, it is NOT an ultra, hyper, super revealing amp.

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #3,168 of 5,176
Quote:
Thanks

The M-Stage is a solid-state device. There's no break-in time. None.

Absolutely.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #3,171 of 5,176
Quote:
Thanks

I'm listening to the M-stage right now, and I am literally using an interconnect I bought at the Dollar Store for $1.

It sounds OK, but I need to get a better one as it feels cheap as hell.  I normally use monoprice cables...

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #3,172 of 5,176
Quote:

I'm listening to the M-stage right now, and I am literally using an interconnect I bought at the Dollar Store for $1.

It sounds OK, but I need to get a better one as it feels cheap as hell.  I normally use monoprice cables...

I sometimes buy Monster cables. They're well-made and when I find them on sale at 90% off retail, they're reasonably priced!

+1 for Monoprice

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #3,173 of 5,176
Actually there is some warm up time and break in time. It has, for example, 2 large capacitors that needs usage to perform it best. Opamps also have a little burn in time. 

No, that's an audiophile myth: There is no break-in time for capacitors or op-amps. Any Electrical Engineer can confirm this.

I'm a electrical engineer and i can comfirm that. ^-^

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #3,174 of 5,176
I've tested some rca and power cables with the m-stage, it does make a difference between cheap and quality cables.

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #3,175 of 5,176
No, that's an audiophile myth: There is no break-in time for capacitors or op-amps. Any Electrical Engineer can confirm this.

I thought I just did that!

Anyway, they do take some time to warm up.

The electrolytic caps are in the power supply, they are not directly in the signal path.

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #3,176 of 5,176
Quote:
I've tested some rca and power cables with the m-stage, it does make a difference between cheap and quality cables bad and well built cables .

redface.gif
 Corrected 
wink.gif

Cheap don't always mean bad . 

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #3,177 of 5,176
Of course, M-stage is relatively cheap amp, but... I just wanted to differentiate the generic/cheap and DIY/quality/relatively more expensive cables, which make an audible difference. You can't build a quality cable for $5 after all. Both the interconnects and power cables can make an audible difference with this amp!

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #3,178 of 5,176
Of course, M-stage is relatively cheap amp, but... I just wanted to differentiate the generic/cheap and DIY/quality/relatively more expensive cables, which make an audible difference. You can't build a quality cable for $5 after all. Both the interconnects and power cables can make an audible difference with this amp!

Um............let us all meditate!

Ooooooooooommmmmmmmmm!

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #3,179 of 5,176

Users who are viewing this thread

Back