Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Jun 1, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #1,771 of 5,176
can anyone elaborate on the difference between the nfb3 and nfb2? from what I can gather on the audio-gd website, the nfb2 is superior mostly in power supply of the unit and brand name capacitors? the price difference is $150, or 50% of the cost of nfb3 itself....

Jun 1, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #1,772 of 5,176
i have the nfb-2 & the cost of the superior power supply is a big hit $-wise... difference primarily in caps, xfmr, and power supply design; fwir, the nfb-3 is sonically very close to the -2 so unless your equipment is sufficiently revealing or u can't rest unless u have the superior unit, save some $$ and go for the -3.  personally my ego wouldn't allow me to be satisfied with the -3 ... damn ego
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
can anyone elaborate on the difference between the nfb3 and nfb2? from what I can gather on the audio-gd website, the nfb2 is superior mostly in power supply of the unit and brand name capacitors? the price difference is $150, or 50% of the cost of nfb3 itself....

Jun 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #1,773 of 5,176
Just wanted to post a big thanks to jtam for a great customer experience.  I bought my M-Stage and opamp mod from him and the transactions were quick and smooth.  When I ran into a post-purchase issue, he went above and beyond to assist me.  When I'm ready to upgrade or add components I'll definitely remember this positive experience.  Thanks again jtam!

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #1,774 of 5,176
Thanks for supporting, DaNus. I got a blog set up. Feel free to read it at http://blog.tamaudio.com/

Quote:
Just wanted to post a big thanks to jtam for a great customer experience.  I bought my M-Stage and opamp mod from him and the transactions were quick and smooth.  When I ran into a post-purchase issue, he went above and beyond to assist me.  When I'm ready to upgrade or add components I'll definitely remember this positive experience.  Thanks again jtam!

Jun 10, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #1,775 of 5,176

Quote:
Hello there !

Bad news, my M-Stage seems to be broken..
My left channel doesn't work anymore, i try different gain settings and it changes nothing. The only sound i get is an awful crackling !

Me and my 701 are crying right now, i'm really disgusted. (Fortunately, i've got my Marantz amplifer to use my cans..)

I forgot to mention that my problem is now fix ! (RCA cable was dead)

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #1,776 of 5,176
Hi,

I bought a Denon D5000 and a Cambridge DacMagic (Using the USB connection) . So I need an amp to use with the Denon and my JH13 PRO to get along with the DacMadic. I was thinking about getting the Matrix M-Stage, but I'd like you hear some opinion =)  What about the sinergy?

Thanks,
   Rodrigo

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #1,778 of 5,176
My m-stage broke a few days ago after over a year of use. The left channel went dead. Sad day.

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #1,783 of 5,176

@JTAM

AWESOME !!! .. I am looking for a new amp/dac combo and seperates as well ... man my wallet hates me ...

I was going to look at getting the matrix m stage and the matrix mini i together but this new combo looks pretty cool.

Jun 24, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #1,784 of 5,176
I am looking to change my soundcard into a dac.
Current setup : Foobar --> Auzentech X-fi Forte --> M stage --> k701.

i narrowed my options to hrt music streamer ii+ and NFB 3.
Guys, any idea which dac suits the m stage and k701 better?

Jun 26, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #1,785 of 5,176
Found that my M-Stage still didn't have enough power to really run my Wharfedale Isodynamics, even at 20 dB setting. So using it as a Pre-amp, into a power amp.(iPod cradle) First a 'Son of T' Sonic Impact.....STILL not good enough, so now into my (bought in 1980/upgraded last year) Hafler DH200 amp (100 Watts per ch!) Run the phones from the speaker outlets via an extension lead with phonos put on.
NOW I have good sound! Delicate sounds, bass, all you need! And not surprisingly?
Not easy to lug about though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back