Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Jun 25, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #496 of 5,176

Quote:
If this new DAC is designed for M-Stage and matches its form conveniently, I will definitely be buying one. CFG, can you share any more information on this to give us a preview? I am sure it will help others to wait and not buy something else. Thank you.  

:)

then we might end up with the exact same set ups. lol. IE8, D10, Matrix etc. LOL
dt880smile.png

Jun 25, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #497 of 5,176
@ Cravenz

I can't wait to have a full-size rig in addition to our portable setup. D10 with HiFlight topkit and IE8 sure have been an awesome an enjoyable value though. As much as I like the Sennheiser sound, I think I'm gonna get Denon D5000s though. I seriously keep falling asleep to my IE8s since I am so tired in the evenings and they are so dam smooth. It's actually quite frustrating (although I love it while awake), sad but true. LOL

Jun 25, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #498 of 5,176

Quote:
@ Cravenz

I can't wait to have a full-size rig in addition to our portable setup. D10 with HiFlight topkit and IE8 sure have been an awesome an enjoyable value though. As much as I like the Sennheiser sound, I think I'm gonna get Denon D5000s though. I seriously keep falling asleep to my IE8s since I am so tired in the evenings and they are so dam smooth. It's actually quite frustrating (although I love it while awake), sad but true. LOL

Awwww...not the k70x? I'm at the stage where if I had the cash to splash, I'd get a headphones that would kinda be more fun fun than the k70x though cos' sometimes whilst being at home, I'm looking for the IE8 kinda enjoyment at times. That's not to say that the 70x isn't fun though. It just really depends on the production cos' there are some songs that really still pack the same punch. Maybe I just miss the infamous mid-bass hump of the IE8 jk lol.

But yes, I'm definitely looking forward to a home desktop rig although I never thought I would prior. But if this new DAC synergises well with the Matrix, I'm definitely unto it. I'm now getting used to the idea of supporting these up and coming companies because they become competitive and are forcing the once big well known companies to re-think their strategy and forcing better innovation because really, production is so cheap, but the mark ups are just insane crazy stupid before.

I just feel that I could be doing so much better than my current D10 as a DAC though I could be wrong. I was thinking of selling on the D10 since when I walk around, I mostly just plug the IE8 direct through the iPhone, but I'll keep it for times when I'm in uni.

Jun 25, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #499 of 5,176
Same here, I'm tempted to sell D10 and or IE8 to upgrade faster, but I'm starting a graduate program at college and know I'll totally regret not having D10 > IE8 for laptop use in the library.

As for D5000 vs K70x, I've read a lot on it and it sounds like the Denons are more energetic and have a little more slam, but yet can still pull off classical and jazz fairly well. I think they will be a nice compliment phone for IE8. I don't want to hijack the thread though, so drop me if a PM if you have any more questions or comments.

Jun 25, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #500 of 5,176
Speaking of hijacking...

I don't see the D5000 being competition for the 70x because they are $150 more (right?).

Now the D2000 would be competition. But then we are also comparing closed vs. open cans and they will sound different so that's not a good competition either imo.

In case you don't know, btw (maybe you do) the D2000's have the same drivers as the 5000's and can be modded to turn them into the 5000's. So I'd get the 2000's which you can upgrade later if you want unless you want to get the 5000's used. But then if you got the 2000's used those would be cheaper too.

I've been considering the 2000's myself for years now lol, but the reason I've never gotten them is the description of recessed mid range and loose flabby and over bearing bass. That's not what I want in a SS. I want a neutral, clear, revealing SS and that's what the 702's have for the most part. For "fun" cans I have my Grado 225i's, which I hardly listen to since getting my 702's (since they just don't sound as "hi-fi"). Guess I like accuracy over color and "fun".

Jmo.

Jun 25, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #501 of 5,176
I feel that the D7000 is a half step over the K701 and HD650 level.  Quicker transients with the D7000 is countered by the mostly closed nature - where the K701 has an advantage for being open.  The D5000 has more bass energy than the D7000.  I think the D5000 may have been better square wave response than D7000 - not sure. 

There are three types of recordings that one must take note with the Denon range.  Those tracks mastered to be played on half-size / bookshelf speaker system will have overwhelming bass (boosted bass response for smaller speakers).  Recordings mastered to play well on full-range / full size speakers come up trumps with the D7000.  Some recordings that are compromised to sound good on full range and smaller speakers are also acceptable with the D7000.  I use a software EQ if the bass gets too overwhelming on the D7000 with a mismatched recording.

Jun 25, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #502 of 5,176
<>

Jun 25, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #503 of 5,176
Any idea how to get these in China, especially Guangzhou since I'm having a trip there next month?

Jun 25, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #504 of 5,176
To people not getting tracking numbers -- check the "Your Ebay Item Has Been Shipped" e-mail.

[size=10pt][size=10pt]It states: Usually I will add a tracking number to the transaction 3-5 days later. Please
[/size]
[/size]

[size=10pt][size=10pt]I was going to request a tracking number, but I checked the item on ebay and a tracking number had been added there, something which ebay doesn't notify us of. [/size][/size]

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Hope this helps someone.[/size][/size]

Jun 25, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #505 of 5,176
Jun 27, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #506 of 5,176

Users who are viewing this thread

Back