Matrix Audio Element Series Thread
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #77 of 214
Hi Musikfan,
I'm gonna try to answer to your few questions as I myself own a Verite Closed (same, 300 ohms, 98db/mw, so very similar to the Open back) and used to own an Element X. So, despite its 300ohms, the verite are pretty easy to drive. You won't have any problems with the Element X. When it comes to the connector, if you want to drive them balanced (highly recommended), you will have the choice between 2x XLR or 4 pin XLR. Both are extremely similar (to my ears), but for convenience and for compatibility with other amps, I would recommend 4pin XLR. Let me know if you have other questions. Also, on an other point of view, I'd HIGHLY recommend you the Verite Closed, they are phenomenal!!

Hi asaprod,

Sorry to cut in here, i am looking to purchase the element X and was wondering what are your impressions of the Verite pairing with the Element X. Thanks!

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #79 of 214
Waiting for my Element X to come in, cannot wait! IMG_20200730_152539__01__01.jpg

Jul 31, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #80 of 214
Hi asaprod,

Sorry to cut in here, i am looking to purchase the element X and was wondering what are your impressions of the Verite pairing with the Element X. Thanks!
Hey rscx,
Sorry for the late reply. So to answer you question, I really loved the pairing Verite Closed/Element M or X. As an "all in one", hard to find better on the market. I have a sweet spot for the SPL Phonitor X or XE with 768DAC, but here you lose the streaming capability. So really depends what you're looking for. If you really need wireless streaming, then the Element is your choice. If you can deal without it and connect your DAC/Amp to a source, then I would still chose the SPL Phonitor.
I hope that helps!
Cheers,
Anthony

Jul 31, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #81 of 214
Hey rscx,
Sorry for the late reply. So to answer you question, I really loved the pairing Verite Closed/Element M or X. As an "all in one", hard to find better on the market. I have a sweet spot for the SPL Phonitor X or XE with 768DAC, but here you lose the streaming capability. So really depends what you're looking for. If you really need wireless streaming, then the Element is your choice. If you can deal without it and connect your DAC/Amp to a source, then I would still chose the SPL Phonitor.
I hope that helps!
Cheers,
Anthony
That is exactly right. I am sure you can buy higher quality separate components .. amp, DAC, pre, streamer, but as an all-one-in, Roon ready, at this price point? I am not sure, I have done some research and cannot find one.

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #82 of 214
Hey rscx,
I hope that helps!
Cheers,
Anthony

thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, am definitely inching closer to ordering one

Aug 2, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #84 of 214
Have been using the X for a few hours, very positive experience so far. My room dictates that I use WiFi or homeplug (later). I can confirm with my WiFi setup, 5Hz router no more than 15 feet away, I can stream everything I have with no hiccup and with very good response speed as well, my testing materials included DSD256 and Tidal MQA 352.8.
6.jpeg
7.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #85 of 214
One cool but probably minor feature, at least to me, is that not only you can turn off your unit with the MA app, you can turn it on as well. So with the app you basically have zero need to touch the front panel buttons and knob :)
4.jpeg

Aug 2, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #86 of 214
Have been using the X for a few hours, very positive experience so far. My room dictates that I use WiFi or homeplug (later). I can confirm with my WiFi setup, 5Hz router no more than 15 feet away, I can stream everything I have with no hiccup and with very good response speed as well, my testing materials included DSD256 and Tidal MQA 352.8.
6.jpeg 7.jpeg
Awesome =)

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #90 of 214
6.jpeg 7.jpeg

Did you encounter any video lag?

Going down the Element X path seems to be more cost efficient than buying a 2Go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back