Matrix Audio Element Series Thread
Jun 9, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #61 of 214
If you plan on upgrading cans later I would get an amp/dac combo that would work with whatever you plan to get. That being said I always feel like there is certainly more bang for the buck upgrading the headphones or speakers than source/amp components past a certain performance point. If you plan to get headphones that require more amp in the immediate future take that into consideration.

Jun 9, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #62 of 214
If you plan on upgrading cans later I would get an amp/dac combo that would work with whatever you plan to get. That being said I always feel like there is certainly more bang for the buck upgrading the headphones or speakers than source/amp components past a certain performance point. If you plan to get headphones that require more amp in the immediate future take that into consideration.

Im heavily considering picking up either the i or M since I'm going to be streaming Tidal for the forseeable future.
The M seems like a good solution for a nice DAC/SSHA/Streamer that I can later connect to different tube amps

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #63 of 214
Im heavily considering picking up either the i or M since I'm going to be streaming Tidal for the forseeable future. The M seems like a nice solution for a nice DAC/SSHA/Streamer that I can later connect to different tube amps

The element X works great and the M is very similar. I use it with Roon and the integration is flawless.

Jun 10, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #65 of 214
Hey Guys,
I'm actually selling a Matrix Element M in like new condition. It's an open box. Comes with original box and accessories.
Under full warranty with authorized dealer invoice available.
I love this amp/dac/stream, but I have way to many amps so i sadly need to part off this one...
Let me know if interested!
Cheers,
Anthony

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #67 of 214
Another good option is the Mytek Brooklyn Bridge.

I have a Brooklyn Bridge in a secondary system. It is quite good as a one box solution, though I have not tried Element X. Same price, would be curious to hear comparisons if anyone has tried both but probably a long shot...

Jun 12, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #69 of 214
I haven’t tried the Mytek but heard it is excellent. I would imagine at this performance the only thing that matters is the headphones attached.
At audio science review the matrix measured better, probably not audible.

Jun 23, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #70 of 214
Hi, this is my first time posting here. I'd like to say hi to everyone, and I apologize if my questions may be repetitive. I'm using an MA Element X and am thinking of buying a set of ZMF Verite Open headphones. I'd like to make sure that the Element X's headphone amp will drive the Verite headphones. The Verite phones are rated at impedance of 300 ohms and sensitivity of 97 db/mW. Also, I'm not sure what headphone connectors the Element X will take, specifically 1/4, 3pin XLR or the pin XLR? Does the Element X sound better with one type of connector than another? I really appreciate any feedback and explanations you provide. Be well.

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #71 of 214
Hi Musikfan,
I'm gonna try to answer to your few questions as I myself own a Verite Closed (same, 300 ohms, 98db/mw, so very similar to the Open back) and used to own an Element X. So, despite its 300ohms, the verite are pretty easy to drive. You won't have any problems with the Element X. When it comes to the connector, if you want to drive them balanced (highly recommended), you will have the choice between 2x XLR or 4 pin XLR. Both are extremely similar (to my ears), but for convenience and for compatibility with other amps, I would recommend 4pin XLR. Let me know if you have other questions. Also, on an other point of view, I'd HIGHLY recommend you the Verite Closed, they are phenomenal!!

Jun 25, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #72 of 214
Hi Musikfan,
I'm gonna try to answer to your few questions as I myself own a Verite Closed (same, 300 ohms, 98db/mw, so very similar to the Open back) and used to own an Element X. So, despite its 300ohms, the verite are pretty easy to drive. You won't have any problems with the Element X. When it comes to the connector, if you want to drive them balanced (highly recommended), you will have the choice between 2x XLR or 4 pin XLR. Both are extremely similar (to my ears), but for convenience and for compatibility with other amps, I would recommend 4pin XLR. Let me know if you have other questions. Also, on an other point of view, I'd HIGHLY recommend you the Verite Closed, they are phenomenal!!
Thanks very much for your replies and advice. Very much appreciated. Stay healthy.

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #74 of 214
I just ordered from moonaudio, can anybody tell me, can I use it without PC?
Did you got the Element X? Of course you can use it without a PC. Two options: Its internal streamer + Tidal or Qobuz account, or the USB host port + MicroSD card slot + the MA remote app from the Google/iOS store. There is also Roon support and DLNA which I didn't use yet. And don't forget the rest of the digital inputs as coaxial, optical and I2S. PC can work only via USB. Lots of choices are left :)

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #75 of 214
Did you got the Element X? Of course you can use it without a PC. Two options: Its internal streamer + Tidal or Qobuz account, or the USB host port + MicroSD card slot + the MA remote app from the Google/iOS store. There is also Roon support and DLNA which I didn't use yet. And don't forget the rest of the digital inputs as coaxial, optical and I2S. PC can work only via USB. Lots of choices are left :)
Yes, I order the EX, Thank you for sharing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back