Massdrop x Liquid Carbon X Discussion
Feb 19, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #241 of 491
I have yet to hear the LCX but do have the original Liquid Carbon and if it close it is yes a great amp.

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #243 of 491
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-liquid-carbon-x-sdac-dac-amp

apologies if off topic but any idea if the dac on this is better than the Mojo?

am waiting for the THX amp to pair w mojo but if the sdac or cth + sdac configs are better than using mojo w thx then i guess no point waiting..

I have a lot of respect for the Grace and Cavalli designs and sound, this is an excellent combo IMO. The SDAC can be used stand alone or w/LCX making for a very versatile rig. The SDAC AKM AK4452 is limited to 24 bit/96 kHz which may a deal breaker for some, but I personally have a tough time actually telling the difference between 96kbps and higher rates in AB testing.

Pure spec wise the Mojo 789/THX is the better combo, but you won't be getting the fun colored Cavalli sound :) The Mojo is really more of a portable device and my current DAC of choice is the SMSL SU-8 providing balanced output for the 789/THX.

Jun 1, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #244 of 491
Hi just grabbed the non Sdac version of this today. I’m going to use my modi3 and Loki with it. Any connectivity issues? I would plan to use the balanced cable for my headphones. I’m reading something about a fully balanced DAC which I don’t understand. Just want to make sure I can plug and play the modi to this and still go balanced on the amp. Tia.

Jun 1, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #245 of 491
Hi just grabbed the non Sdac version of this today. I’m going to use my modi3 and Loki with it. Any connectivity issues? I would plan to use the balanced cable for my headphones. I’m reading something about a fully balanced DAC which I don’t understand. Just want to make sure I can plug and play the modi to this and still go balanced on the amp. Tia.
You will be fine the balanced output works with either balanced or single ended DACs; in fact the SDAC version is single ended DAC.

Jun 2, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #246 of 491
^Correct- the Liquid Carbon will take an unbalanced input and phase-split the signal to run it balanced through the amp to balanced output. :)

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #247 of 491
Can somebody verify the SMPS Output on their power supply brick? Looking for voltage and amperage. I want to be sure I didn't swap bricks. Most of mine are labeled but I didn't get around to labeling this one.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #249 of 491
i am considering to buy this, my source is DAC on UD-301 (TEAC) and balanced out to the amp, and pair with HD650, LCD 2C, and a custom IEM, playing genre mostly trivium similar musics, and totally dig hearing drum rolls :p

Jun 26, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #250 of 491
i am considering to buy this, my source is DAC on UD-301 (TEAC) and balanced out to the amp, and pair with HD650, LCD 2C, and a custom IEM, playing genre mostly trivium similar musics, and totally dig hearing drum rolls :p

Senheiser HD650 w/ balanced cable, IEM used w/ SE output should give you EXCELLENT SQ. That is how I use my Cavalli LCX.:)

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #251 of 491
Senheiser HD650 w/ balanced cable, IEM used w/ SE output should give you EXCELLENT SQ. That is how I use my Cavalli LCX.:)
but there are a lot of concerns on the QC consistency that im concerned too

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #252 of 491
The LCX made by Drop has been stable, super-consistent and we back it if there are any issues...

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #253 of 491

There's not been issues with mine I've had it since release this is an excellent sounding amp..

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #255 of 491
im uncertain, its either this or the jds atom, but i think atom might be the better path, or not

My unit was one of the earliest production units. Almost immediately after i received it, one of the SE inputs did not work. I hv been using it with balanced inputs since. Did not want to incur shipment costs to repair as i live in south east asia.
you are Singapore, i am malaysia, same scenario concern

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back