Massdrop x Liquid Carbon X Discussion
Sep 25, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #213 of 491
I use LCX with 560, tonally it is very nice where other amps are less so. Great combo. Eq on the lower bass helps my tastes.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #214 of 491
The LCX is a great sounding amp I enjoy it with all my hp's..

Nov 9, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #219 of 491
I like both TBH. But, LCX is better with HE560 while the Jotunheim is amazing with HD650. Just my opinion.

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #222 of 491
The standalone Carbon X (no dac) is active on massdrop again!
The MD and Monoprice partnerships with Cavalli have been really cool to see. The Cavalli name went from high end boutique to highly accessible and affordable in 2018.
Obviously a few trade offs had to be made compared to his original stuff, but with the Liquid Spark at $100, CTH at $250, Liquid Carbon X at $300, and Liquid Platinum at $700 there really has been a Cavalli amp for everyone in 2018. I think Schiit started shaking up the market, and these moves is forcing everyone to really get more innovative and keep their pricing sharp.

Dec 15, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #223 of 491
Very true excellent points, I own the LCX and am thinking of getting the LP..

Dec 16, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #224 of 491
Just came back from a long business trip and my new LCX was waiting for me, along with Kimber Kable Hero XLR cables for my DAC, as well as an XLR cable for my MrSpeakers 'phones.

A lot of amp for $379 US and loving this playback chain, so far. A slightly soft, almost analog sound smoothness using my Bel Canto DAC in balanced mode.

I've been listening to my Walkman NW-A55 + Shure SE846 combo for the last 15 days, so I am probably reacting to the change in sound from my travel rig, which is a little bright with exaggerated bass.

IMG_20181216_074302.jpg

Dec 16, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #225 of 491
Just came back from a long business trip and my new LCX was waiting for me, along with Kimber Kable Hero XLR cables for my DAC, as well as an XLR cable for my MrSpeakers 'phones.

A lot of amp for $379 US and loving this playback chain, so far. A slightly soft, almost analog sound smoothness using my Bel Canto DAC in balanced mode.

I've been listening to my Walkman NW-A55 + Shure SE846 combo for the last 15 days, so I am probably reacting to the change in sound from my travel rig, which is a little bright with exaggerated bass.

Nice rig and choices. With that much new in the chain it will be hard to tell what made the most difference, but I will suspect that Cavalli Liquid Carbon is the main contender. The LCX is a jack of all trades, don't sell the Grace sdac short in fact you can switch between it and the Bel Canto w/the flip of a switch and see if is worth the extra $.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back