"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Dec 26, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #2,386 of 6,388
^^ I don't feel that the e10 is enough for the MD. It really needs a pretty decent desktop amp to give you most of it's potential. It would only sound okay with the e10...now wow factor. 

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #2,387 of 6,388
Quote:
^^ I don't feel that the e10 is enough for the MD. It really needs a pretty decent desktop amp to give you most of it's potential. It would only sound okay with the e10...now wow factor. 

Maybe he should get the Mad Dogs then upgrade his amp asap.

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #2,389 of 6,388
How about the E12? Anyone have an idea of that will be powerful enough for MD?

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #2,390 of 6,388
I don't think any FiiO is going to drive them properly. You really need a desktop amp for them. MK3 or SR-71 would be what I would get if I still had the MD's

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #2,391 of 6,388
Hm. I'm really hoping for an amp out there that can drive these on the go. Maybe PA2V or whatever it's called?

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #2,393 of 6,388
I used the e17>ipod classic>lod with the MD and it was pretty decent but didn't quite shine like they do with a good desktop amp. There are couple of new fiio portable amps that are coming out soon that might fit the bill though. 

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #2,394 of 6,388
Do you guys think a Yulong D100 is good enough to properly drive the MDs?

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #2,395 of 6,388
Quote:
The MK3 or the SR-71 will drive them if it's in your budget. I also have the iBasso PB2 and it drove them very well.

I now have his PB2, and it drives them very well :~)

I have heard from Highflight that the P4 is iBasso's most sophisticated amp.  I would also consider this option.  The iBasso gear seems pretty nice, and is a less expensive option.  Dan says minimum 100mW per channel if I remember correctly.  I think more like 350 mW minimum. 

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #2,397 of 6,388
Ok, so i got these for christmas, and they definitely sound good.

Ive been comparing them to koss porta pro's and skullcandy titans, and they have a better overall sound and are more clear than those two (although they suffer much more from low quality music), and ive listened to mostly rock and hip hop. The main thing i noticed however is that the Mad Dogs are about half as loud as the other two, i have the volume on my computer at max constantly while using the mad dogs, and i still feel like they could use more volume. So ive practically decided to get an DAC/amp. The question of course, which one? My budget is at max 100, however id much prefer to get something at around 40-60 dollars. I just want to be able to juice them up more, i dont need an amazing listening experience or anything, so could you guys give me any suggestions on what to get? I also would like any advice or feedback you could offer. Thxs

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #2,398 of 6,388
This answer has become easier in the last few weeks as the following has been released:

http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=13

IMO the best amp you can get for >$100

gL!!

You've got a hp that required an amp to bring out it's potential. Wait till you hear them properly amped!! 

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #2,399 of 6,388
Quote:
Ok, so i got these for christmas, and they definitely sound good.

Ive been comparing them to koss porta pro's and skullcandy titans, and they have a better overall sound and are more clear than those two (although they suffer much more from low quality music), and ive listened to mostly rock and hip hop. The main thing i noticed however is that the Mad Dogs are about half as loud as the other two, i have the volume on my computer at max constantly while using the mad dogs, and i still feel like they could use more volume. So ive practically decided to get an DAC/amp. The question of course, which one? My budget is at max 100, however id much prefer to get something at around 40-60 dollars. I just want to be able to juice them up more, i dont need an amazing listening experience or anything, so could you guys give me any suggestions on what to get? I also would like any advice or feedback you could offer. Thxs

For your question, I would suggest:
  1. Topping D1 Mark 2 (USB powered)
  2. iBasso D-Zero (built in battery & gain switch)

Each device's price tag are roughly around USD 100 and maybe less.

This answer has become easier in the last few weeks as the following has been released:

gL!!

You've got a hp that required an amp to bring out it's potential. Wait till you hear them properly amped!! 

Sweet! In the FAQ, it's said to drive Mad Dogs well. (link)

I heard it's for the US market only. Is it?

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #2,400 of 6,388
Quote:

gL!!

Quote:
For your question, I would suggest:
  1. Topping D1 Mark 2 (USB powered)
  2. iBasso D-Zero (built in battery & gain switch)

Each device's price tag are roughly around USD 100 and maybe less.

Sweet! In the FAQ, it's said to drive Mad Dogs well. (link)

I heard it's for the US market only. Is it?

Thanks yall, i think ill go with the magni

Users who are viewing this thread

Back