Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
May 5, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #6,211 of 9,229
The color tho,
reminds of a sweet candy cane,
hmmm... tasty...

Attachments

• Hf2267479d494413c80b7d9c10403b572l.jpg
    Hf2267479d494413c80b7d9c10403b572l.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
May 5, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #6,212 of 9,229
Lol. Ya I can see the resemblence there but in person the cable has a shiny finish and look very premium. Pictures make it look a bit dull looking but dull it is not in person. Love the accessories Penon chose to use on this cable. I am at work right now and will not be able to fully test out the cable on my more resolving earphones but will let you all know how they perform. For now I am very impressed.

May 5, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #6,213 of 9,229
So I happen to have an all BA set with me at my work and I was able to check out the differences from the stock included cable vs the PAC480. The stock cable is a very nicely braided 8 core SPC cable called the galaxy. Cable is actually very impressive as it is much more substantial than most pack in cables. You know it is serious when the company adds a name for the cable. Galaxy. I will post some pics of it later on tonight.

Switcing to the PAC480. Sound becomes much more musical. PAC480 gives a better expansion of stage. Vocals gets added weight and presence. Bass has greater impact. Noticed immedately after swtiching from stock cable to the PAC480 so ya the copper aspects of this cable is coming through. No drop off at all in detail to the more silver content from the galaxy stock cable. That added body of sound is what this cable seems to be about so again more copper influence to the tuning. So far I am loving this cable. Will post some pics later tonight and test it some more with some of my higher end earphones.

May 5, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #6,214 of 9,229
WARNING! Cable PRON!
DSC08045.JPG
DSC08046.JPG
It is a whole lotta cable. Even though there are a lot of Feminine tones on here. They look stunning up close and perform like you would expect.

DSC08048.JPG
Just tried it on the good ole ISN H40. This cable was made for this earphone. So much awesome. Cant say I have heard an earphone yet that dont sound good using these. They are turning out to be very versatile.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #6,215 of 9,229
WARNING! Cable PRON!
DSC08045.JPG
DSC08046.JPG
It is a whole lotta cable. Even though there are a lot of Feminine tones on here. They look stunning up close and perform like you would expect.

I think that cable will suit me well it glistens in the light, just like the silver in my beard.

I hope that sale is still available, my mangird tea won't ship till may 11 and I don't know which connector it will come with.

May 5, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #6,217 of 9,229
WARNING! Cable PRON!
DSC08045.JPG
DSC08046.JPG

DSC08048.JPG
Just tried it on the good ole ISN H40. This cable was made for this earphone. So much awesome. Cant say I have heard an earphone yet that dont sound good using these. They are turning out to be very versatile.
Perfect match for!😁
Screenshot_20210506-093041_Shopee SG.jpg

May 5, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #6,218 of 9,229
WARNING! Cable PRON!
DSC08045.JPG
DSC08046.JPG

Can you speak to the ergonomics of this cable? Looks rather thick, stiff, and microphonic to me. Of course sound is most important, but no one likes a stiff, noisy cable!

May 5, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #6,220 of 9,229
Can you speak to the ergonomics of this cable? Looks rather thick, stiff, and microphonic to me. Of course sound is most important, but no one likes a stiff, noisy cable!
The clam case these came in is a smaller clam shell case we are talking a bit less than 3 inches in diameter more like 2.5inches inside the case. No way both these cables are gonna fit one on the top lid and one on the bottom portion of the clam shell here if these were stiff. They have very minimal cable noise too about as silent as it gets actually. These aren't any thicker than your average 8 core cable in thickness. Each core is thick but there are only 2 cores. DSC08045.JPG

Sonic properties leans more toward copper cables as the bulk of the cable make up here is OCC copper with the silver portions of the outer layers of the cable being silver plating. Excellent for hybrids and all BA earphones that need some added note weight and fullness to the sonics. Very dynamic and balanced in what it does but due to copper properties your gonna get the best mids and bass your earphones can muster. There is enough silver properties to not overly smooth out treble tones and throws out really good imaging for being mostly copper. Very versatile so far as I have yet to hear an earphone yet that don't sound right using these. Highly recommend getting these in balanced in one way or another. Excellent cables for certain.

Oh yea the accessories on the cable are copper plated brass with silver colored carbon fiber in between which gives them their Rose pinkish hue. Nice touch and is very premium looking in person.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #6,221 of 9,229
The clam case these came in is a smaller clam shell case we are talking a bit less than 3 inches in diameter more like 2.5inches inside the case. No way both these cables are gonna fit one on the top lid and one on the bottom portion of the clam shell here if these were stiff. They have very minimal cable noise too about as silent as it gets actually. These aren't any thicker than your average 8 core cable in thickness. Each core is thick but there are only 2 cores. DSC08045.JPG

Sonic properties leans more toward copper cables as the bulk of the cable make up here is OCC copper with the silver portions of the outer layers of the cable being silver plating. Excellent for hybrids and all BA earphones that need some added note weight and fullness to the sonics. Very dynamic and balanced in what it does but due to copper properties your gonna get the best mids and bass your earphones can muster. There is enough silver properties to not overly smooth out treble tones and throws out really good imaging for being mostly copper. Very versatile so far as I have yet to hear an earphone yet that don't sound right using these. Highly recommend getting these in balanced in one way or another. Excellent cables for certain.

Oh yea the accessories on the cable are copper plated brass with silver colored carbon fiber in between which gives them their Rose pinkish hue. Nice touch and is very premium looking in person.
I'm looking for a decent cable for the Legacy 4, do you think it would pair well with it?

May 6, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #6,222 of 9,229
Copper + SPC (This one is rosary gold in colour!)
Just a quick update of my cable rolling journey. From my experience there are some cables that can enhance the stage making it larger and there are also some cables that don't or by a smaller amount. I think the BQEYZ spring 2 is a very unique IEM which doesn't sound good with cables that expand the stage. Just paired the Copper + SPC I posted with the Spring 2 and the sound is quite amazing. Very smooth and transparent treble I say! The treble of this cable is really great. YMMV thou.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #6,224 of 9,229
Ya I tried a few hybird IEMs last night with the PAC480. All of them the sound expands and gives greater note weight with an increase of imaging. Excellent cables which happens to be on sale right now.
Great to know about this. I have NiceHCK C4-1 cable and love the sound with it. Is this Penon cable similar with C4-1?

May 6, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #6,225 of 9,229
Just noticed that the Au, Ag, Cu cable gets used by a lot of companies. If you're chasing the "look," then I guess the KZ is a bargain? Though I highly doubt that all 8 cores are braided as there are some loose core/s. The Tripowin is around 50 USD.

Screenshot_2021-05-06-21-10-26-03_2abacf34316c15a12c3cebabd203d65f.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-06-21-10-13-53_39060a31215a48c7aaf1fb3368fa2e89.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-06-21-09-21-50_39060a31215a48c7aaf1fb3368fa2e89.jpg

IMG20210504172845.jpg

*I used a warm filter and the cable isn't as "yellow" in real life. It's actually quite light in color.

**Forgot to mention that it's only available in QDC, 3.5mm.

***I've removed the earhooks because it was getting in the way of my glasses 😅

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back