Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Feb 28, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #4,022 of 9,186
Guys I got a question. What kind of ISN cable for example or other generic chi-fi cable would have equal or similar sound quality to ALO's stock litz cable?

1582944718051.png
Different build wise but similar in sonic reproduction. ISN S4. I actually like the ISN S4 better to be honest. Them Alo cables are way overpriced that stock litz cable is at the most actual value should be $30 or so.

This Kinboofi cable is sold for $26-$30 on sale. Is better than the alo litz cable.
1582945216892.png

$47 on AK audio site on aliexpress.

How would I know you ask? Because my Alo litz cable is collecting dust. Alo cables much like a lot of brand named cables charge a premium. For the same price of the Alo litz cable you can buy a 4 Core Electro acouti 175 or one of these.
1582945435366.png

ISN SC4. Pure silver with crystal copper inlay. For $109.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #4,025 of 9,186
Having a hard time finding a certain cable. Looking for a Balanced 2.5mm Cable w/ Particular 2-Pin 0.78mm Cable Connector

Requirements...
  • Pure Copper
  • 2.5mm Balanced
  • 0.78mm 2-Pin
  • Soft & Flexible
  • Under $50 USD?
I'm looking for a minimal 2-Pins connector, The ones that don't Stick out like a sore thumb. Here are some that I've found but they're either not copper or over my budget.
Screenshot_2020-03-01 Drop 2-Pin IEM Cables Reviews Drop (formerly Massdrop).png
6-700x700.jpg
81+K0YBuqXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #4,026 of 9,186
Personally my 175 is still for now my best cable ever. Excels everywhere (soundstage, treble clarity and details, mids, bass). My only cons is that its a bit memory sometimes but flexible, and that it could slightly better in the sub-bass area. Anyway, this cable is definitely not warm, so it's no evidence :) I prefer the overall presentation of this 175 over all my collection.
I'm thinking of buying the 8 cores version one day (maybe in blue version) if I don't find better since.

Mar 2, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #4,029 of 9,186
Personally my 175 is still for now my best cable ever. Excels everywhere (soundstage, treble clarity and details, mids, bass). My only cons is that its a bit memory sometimes but flexible, and that it could slightly better in the sub-bass area. Anyway, this cable is definitely not warm, so it's no evidence :) I prefer the overall presentation of this 175 over all my collection.
I'm thinking of buying the 8 cores version one day (maybe in blue version) if I don't find better since.

same sentiments

i do also thinking of buying 8 core 175 with this... and have multiple adaptors for multiple iems
1583189294835.png

Mar 2, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #4,030 of 9,186
Mar 3, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #4,031 of 9,186
My 175 4 core cable should be coming to my door within a couple of hours and honestly cannot wait to pair them with my fdx1. I'm exactly looking for what you are describing as I do not like much warmth in my signature as it makes the sound a bit boring for me. I honestly hope these have a noticeable improvement and I'll report back after I've done some testing.

Mar 3, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #4,032 of 9,186
guess nobody deleted your post: you posted it in my thread ("Resistance of cables..")
Yeah, my bad :D Somehow my post didn`t show up anymore. Dunno why I didn`t see it, lol.

Mar 3, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #4,033 of 9,186
i do also thinking of buying 8 core 175 with this... and have multiple adaptors for multiple iems
1583189294835.png
Where from I can get this? How much is the cost?

Mar 3, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #4,034 of 9,186
Ok my final conclusion of the 175 4 core cable is that it definitely brings more details but I actually prefer the stock cable as the vocals take a bit of a hit on the 175 cable. Even though they sound slightly more detailed they are definitely more recessed and I am a vocals fanatic which is a huge deal breaker for me. Honestly there was no soundstage increase to my ears aswell but maybe that's what I would get in the 8 core version. I'm probably gonna get a fully pure silver or spc cable next as I want detail but don't want any reduction in mids. But overall beautiful cable that adds more details.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #4,035 of 9,186
Ok my final conclusion of the 175 4 core cable is that it definitely brings more details but I actually prefer the stock cable as the vocals take a bit of a hit on the 175 cable. Even though they sound slightly more detailed they are definitely more recessed and I am a vocals fanatic which is a huge deal breaker for me. Honestly there was no soundstage increase to my ears aswell but maybe that's what I would get in the 8 core version. I'm probably gonna get a fully pure silver or spc cable next as I want detail but don't want any reduction in mids. But overall beautiful cable that adds more details.
Maybe try some burn-in process (if you believe), that's what I do on each drivers and cables I receive, sometimes it helps a lot.
This is the first time I hear that 175 is mid recessed, so it is weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back