Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Oct 19, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #2,896 of 9,211
Additional short Impression,
Been listening focusly between Local made OFC Copper 22 AWG, with 165 cable (UP-OCC Copper cyro 26AWG) ...

20191020_100245.jpg

above : 165 ; Bottom : Local 22AWG OFC copper.

Conclusion... 165 still better, if you want a better separation between Mid Bass and Sub Bass, with additional better Upper Vocal/Mid.
While Local 22AWG, give you better Mid Bass only...
@hakuzen, yes, UPOCC is a good material cable.

20191020_100133.jpg

That's my morning session in the weekend... my children have awaken, so back to reality

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #2,897 of 9,211
Why is this seller banned i bought the same cable from this seller and everthing was ok ?
You should read the link in @Slater sig to know the full story!

About DD Design adapter when testing with KXXS and NC5v2 i felt in comparison to the litz up-occ adapter the dynamism was less as well as the top end sparkle. Maybe my ears are effed up but that's what i hear. Also tried with King Pro and the same results. I must add that DD in comparison to fiio and ibasso adapters don't sound that much different. Also i think they are beautiful looking and have a great design.

Oct 20, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #2,898 of 9,211
You should read the link in @Slater sig to know the full story!

About DD Design adapter when testing with KXXS and NC5v2 i felt in comparison to the litz up-occ adapter the dynamism was less as well as the top end sparkle. Maybe my ears are effed up but that's what i hear. Also tried with King Pro and the same results. I must add that DD in comparison to fiio and ibasso adapters don't sound that much different. Also i think they are beautiful looking and have a great design.
yea, that's another matter: material quality of wire and solders. if possible, i also prefer up-occ wire and silver solders, although it is 1-1.5cm.
i'm using some balun adapters for measuring and, although two baluns resistance is lower than 15mOhm, i wouldn't use them for listening to music. the short wire inside is not good quality

Oct 20, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #2,899 of 9,211
If we look into any circuit board, we can see much more thinner tracks from amp chip to the 3.5 mm socket. When the length of the track or cable is short the thickness of the connecting cable or ribbon doesn't really matters.

from 4:00..
if you can do it, better use a point to point good quality wire, rather than a thin track on PCB. it will sound better surely. if you use the track, try to use the best and thickest copper you can. i'm afraid the tracks in the DD adapter are not so good. but hey, the look and form factor is great.

Oct 20, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #2,900 of 9,211

from 4:00..
if you can do it, better use a point to point good quality wire, rather than a thin track on PCB. it will sound better surely. if you use the track, try to use the best and thickest copper you can. i'm afraid the tracks in the DD adapter are not so good. but hey, the look and form factor is great.

Cable instead of PCB is a ridiculous idea. With this theory audio circuit with through the hole component should sound better than SMD component. Don't want to break one of them, otherwise i would surely opened and measured the ribbon too.

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #2,901 of 9,211
Cable instead of PCB is a ridiculous idea. With this theory audio circuit with through the hole component should sound better than SMD component. Don't want to break one of them, otherwise i would surely opened and measured the ribbon too.
of course it's a ridiculous idea when making hundreds of tiny amplifiers. prone to more errors, etc.
but PCB tracks into an adapter???
it's not needed you break the adapter to measure, you can trust my measurements

Oct 21, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #2,902 of 9,211
Do someone please have a recommendation on where to buy a good 2Pin to MMCX adapter ?
I would like to try all my MMCX cables into 2Pin socket from my IEM (NiceHCK DB3), if possible

*edit* : I found THIS, but isn't it a bit expensive?

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #2,903 of 9,211
Oct 21, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #2,905 of 9,211
these adapters
Do someone please have a recommendation on where to buy a good 2Pin to MMCX adapter ?
I would like to try all my MMCX cables into 2Pin socket from my IEM (NiceHCK DB3), if possible

*edit* : I found THIS, but isn't it a bit expensive?

the one suggested by Palash is the best price decent adapter, it's lower than half usual price for that adapter. guess it's the first time i see a reasonable price for these kind of adapters.

if you prefer angled adapter or higher quality overall, these have very good quality: egger hard resin, thicker and more durable than the plastic of cheaper adapters, gold plated copper contacts, silver solder.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32987522204.html
but $60!??
you can find them at various shops of taobao for around $20 (+agent's cut + shipping costs)

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #2,906 of 9,211
of course it's a ridiculous idea when making hundreds of tiny amplifiers. prone to more errors, etc.
but PCB tracks into an adapter???
it's not needed you break the adapter to measure, you can trust my measurements

I don't think anyone doubts your measurements. What we should all doubt however, are claims made by Paul McGowan of PS Audio, who you linked to in that video. This is a man who has said that there can be differences in the signal transmission of cables that are not electrical, see here:

What does he think carries the signal down a wire apart from electrons? Magical fairy dust? He's either completely deluded, or more likely, is peddling this nonsense in order to market snake oil products, such as his $1200 2-meter power cord (https://www.thecableco.com/perfectwave-ac-12-power-cord.html) with Premium Audiophile features such as "rectangular conductors for midrange performance". It's just utter nonsense.

When we look at sources of information, we should always first ask ourselves, could this person gain (or lose) by presenting (or denying) the particular claim in question. If the answer is yes (as it is in this case), this source cannot be fully trusted, without at the very least corroboration from other sources with no vested interest in the area.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #2,907 of 9,211
these adapters

the one suggested by Palash is the best price decent adapter, it's lower than half cost than usual price for that adapter. guess it's the first time i see a reasonable price for these kind of adapters.

if you prefer angled adapter or higher quality overall, these have very good quality: egger hard resin, thicker and more durable than the plastic of cheaper adapters, gold plated copper contacts, silver solder.
but $60!??
you can find them at various shops of taobao for around $20 (+agent's cut + shipping costs)
Can you give the link for searches in taobao. I cannot speak or write in Chinese. I search with no luck.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #2,908 of 9,211

these adapters

the one suggested by Palash is the best price decent adapter, it's lower than half cost than usual price for that adapter. guess it's the first time i see a reasonable price for these kind of adapters.

but $60!??
Many thanks for your recommendations,
Angled should be nice since I will use it for IEMs but the 60$ price is just crazy.. :D I was angry with electro acousti store so not sure I should buy from this store again but the price is really tempting. I will see then :) many thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back