1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!

First

Back
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202
Next

Last
  1. superuser1
    i didn't mean polarity, i meant the L and R markings on the inside :D

hakuzen likes this.
  2. muths66
    mine does not have the word but got colour indicator

superuser1 likes this.
  3. linkzex
    Is there a 2 pin cable that doesn't have preformed ear hooks? I want to wear my iem drop down, is there a good cable that allows that flexibility

Or is there a hack to straighten the preformed ear hooks?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  4. hakuzen
    if you look some pages of this thread or my list of cables, sure you'll find some cables without ear hooks.
    plastic molded ear hooks can be re-shaped and straighten by applying some heat and holding desired shape while getting cold.

5. 1Q84
    So this is a viable contender to cable 175 for the most flexible cable soundwise?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  6. RikudouGoku
    alright I am looking for a RCA to RCA cabel that I can use for my new Amp ( JDS Labs Atom) that will connect to my Asus Xonar U7 soundcard with the Swan m10 2.1 speakers. Any recommendations? Or is there no difference in sound when it comes to RCA cables? ( I can hear differences in iem cables but havent tried RCA)

7. Stfr1908
  8. fokta
    what I understand just get as short as possible to prevent interference...
    search for Ghentaudio...

just wait for other to also fill in

hakuzen likes this.
  9. bobbooo
    There'll be no audible difference between cables, as shown in this video:

From the video's press release:

"To prove the point that inexpensive wires pass audio identically to very expensive wires, Winer made a video showing his Null Tester device comparing four RCA wires ranging in price from less than US$5 to US$700. The video first explains null testing in detail, and how the Null Tester itself works, then proceeds to a live demonstration of the wire comparisons. In every case the nulled residual signals were below the noise level of the testing device, proving for certain that music sent down both wires arrived the same at the other end, with no possible audible difference. These comparisons use RCA signal wires, but the conclusion applies equally to other wire types because it proves what audio engineers have known for years: there is no magic, and everything about wire can be fully understood using the standard known parameters."

10. yancem
    So finally bit the bullet and ordered a cable from AliExpress. Decided to go with an inexpensive stock cable I have seen recommended in this thread (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...1.0&pvid=9843bf35-8b23-46c3-82af-f96b788fb03f). I still want to order a custom wire so that I can use a bluetooth dongle but thought it would be best to try out a stock cable before I got into special orders. Have to admit I'm a little nervous ordering from China. Have had some issues from some Amazon orders coming from there in the past so I figured start simple and cheap and move on from there.

hakuzen and courierdriver like this.
  11. CoiL
    NVM ...don`t want to cause flaming.

hakuzen likes this.
  12. hakuzen
    yes, cable 194 is very versatile, like 175. both are pure silver + copper hybrids, so the result perception is balanced (not brighter, not darker, large extension at both ends)

13. hakuzen
    I've been using Ghentaudio cables for interconnect.
    Most use Canare Star Quad wire, some Mogami, some Choseal. Plugs from various brands. You can't be wrong with Ghent's cables.
    But i'm replacing some of them with DIY cables using Neotech wire.

RikudouGoku likes this.
  14. courierdriver
    Congrats on your purchase! That's a decent quality cheap cable. I have the same on my NX7 and bought a second silver plated one for my TFZ No.3. Both are well built and have good quality connectors. I also like that they both have a chin slider...not important for some, but it is for me. Cable coils up decent and isn't too "janky". In other words, it doesn't keep it's coiled up shape for very long after you remove it and the iem from its case. So, just out of curiosity...what iems will you use that cable with?

zachmal likes this.
  15. lushblush
    i got this trn cable for my blon 03 and while i'm loving this tangle-free life, much like the stock cable, the preformed earhook curves way too much [​IMG]

... is there any way i can loosen up the curve? the end of the earhook practically digs into the bottom of my ear. it's not really the most comfortable feeling out there.

edit: just read Post #2869, maybe i'll give that a shot

i actually ripped apart the earhooks on my stock blon 03 cables using a xacto knife because it kept getting tangled up. was a bit time consuming though and i regretted it in the end lol.

First

Back
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202
Next

Last