Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Oct 16, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #2,866 of 9,224
all the cables from electro i've measured are 100% consistent about terminations polarity.
positive signal is always inside, in mmcx and 2pins; in the case of 2pins, positive is interior respect the curve of the ear guides, which is the polarity most used by iem.
i didn't mean polarity, i meant the L and R markings on the inside :D

Oct 17, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #2,869 of 9,224
Is there a 2 pin cable that doesn't have preformed ear hooks? I want to wear my iem drop down, is there a good cable that allows that flexibility

Or is there a hack to straighten the preformed ear hooks?
if you look some pages of this thread or my list of cables, sure you'll find some cables without ear hooks.
plastic molded ear hooks can be re-shaped and straighten by applying some heat and holding desired shape while getting cold.

Oct 17, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #2,870 of 9,224
btw, i've updated the info about cable 194, after getting more info about its composition.
very special wire, from the US, not up-occ. it does contain 7N single crystal copper copper, like i figured after noticing the bass extension and rumble, and pure 5N sterling silver. wide extension also at highs due to flat silver ribbon. very interesting.

194. eac 5n ag & 7n occ cu frz 2x2c (silver,eagle,MV): 218..220..99..109 mΩ..[25.1g]..170..166 pF..[120cm]
core OD: 1.65mm. outer diameter: 4mm. length from splitter: 40cm.
5n sterling silver ribbon (65%), 7n occ copper, "double-layer freezing treatment", from the US.
electro acousti shop.
don't know its structure, but it looks like there is an inner conductor, some kind of insulation, and then a layer of braided ribbon (flat wire) of pure silver. so 2 conductors inside each core.
don't know the sleeve material, but guess it's PVC or even teflon, because the wire is stiff and springy, harder than PE sheath.
this topology is different to any other wire i've seen, and the sound you get when using it is also unique. very interesting.

resistance is amazing, very low, for such thickness (specially the ground/negative conductors).
inner conductor is used for one signal, and the braid silver layer for the other.
i was expecting that highs perception would be improved by using flat silver wire. and they are indeed, but the rumble of lows is also remarkable, unexpected from this frozen silver wire (maybe round copper inside?).
edit: yes, description update confirmed it uses copper as well, which explains the bass rumble.
so extension is huge at both sides.
soundstage is wide, and bigger overall than any other cables, but up-occ. same for background noise.
very good sound overall. i have to listen and do more AB to further compare it with up-occ wires.
_194_uscryo_ribbon_7nocc_spc_01.jpg

194_01.jpg
194_02.jpg

links:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000146981622.html
So this is a viable contender to cable 175 for the most flexible cable soundwise?

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #2,871 of 9,224
alright I am looking for a RCA to RCA cabel that I can use for my new Amp ( JDS Labs Atom) that will connect to my Asus Xonar U7 soundcard with the Swan m10 2.1 speakers. Any recommendations? Or is there no difference in sound when it comes to RCA cables? ( I can hear differences in iem cables but havent tried RCA)

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #2,873 of 9,224
alright I am looking for a RCA to RCA cabel that I can use for my new Amp ( JDS Labs Atom) that will connect to my Asus Xonar U7 soundcard with the Swan m10 2.1 speakers. Any recommendations? Or is there no difference in sound when it comes to RCA cables? ( I can hear differences in iem cables but havent tried RCA)
what I understand just get as short as possible to prevent interference...
search for Ghentaudio...

just wait for other to also fill in

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #2,874 of 9,224

There'll be no audible difference between cables, as shown in this video:

From the video's press release:

"To prove the point that inexpensive wires pass audio identically to very expensive wires, Winer made a video showing his Null Tester device comparing four RCA wires ranging in price from less than US$5 to US$700. The video first explains null testing in detail, and how the Null Tester itself works, then proceeds to a live demonstration of the wire comparisons. In every case the nulled residual signals were below the noise level of the testing device, proving for certain that music sent down both wires arrived the same at the other end, with no possible audible difference. These comparisons use RCA signal wires, but the conclusion applies equally to other wire types because it proves what audio engineers have known for years: there is no magic, and everything about wire can be fully understood using the standard known parameters."

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #2,875 of 9,224
So finally bit the bullet and ordered a cable from AliExpress. Decided to go with an inexpensive stock cable I have seen recommended in this thread (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...1.0&pvid=9843bf35-8b23-46c3-82af-f96b788fb03f). I still want to order a custom wire so that I can use a bluetooth dongle but thought it would be best to try out a stock cable before I got into special orders. Have to admit I'm a little nervous ordering from China. Have had some issues from some Amazon orders coming from there in the past so I figured start simple and cheap and move on from there.

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #2,876 of 9,224
NVM ...don`t want to cause flaming.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #2,877 of 9,224
So this is a viable contender to cable 175 for the most flexible cable soundwise?
yes, cable 194 is very versatile, like 175. both are pure silver + copper hybrids, so the result perception is balanced (not brighter, not darker, large extension at both ends)

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #2,878 of 9,224
I've been using Ghentaudio cables for interconnect.
Most use Canare Star Quad wire, some Mogami, some Choseal. Plugs from various brands. You can't be wrong with Ghent's cables.
But i'm replacing some of them with DIY cables using Neotech wire.

Oct 17, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #2,879 of 9,224
So finally bit the bullet and ordered a cable from AliExpress. Decided to go with an inexpensive stock cable I have seen recommended in this thread (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...1.0&pvid=9843bf35-8b23-46c3-82af-f96b788fb03f). I still want to order a custom wire so that I can use a bluetooth dongle but thought it would be best to try out a stock cable before I got into special orders. Have to admit I'm a little nervous ordering from China. Have had some issues from some Amazon orders coming from there in the past so I figured start simple and cheap and move on from there.
Congrats on your purchase! That's a decent quality cheap cable. I have the same on my NX7 and bought a second silver plated one for my TFZ No.3. Both are well built and have good quality connectors. I also like that they both have a chin slider...not important for some, but it is for me. Cable coils up decent and isn't too "janky". In other words, it doesn't keep it's coiled up shape for very long after you remove it and the iem from its case. So, just out of curiosity...what iems will you use that cable with?

Oct 17, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #2,880 of 9,224
i got this trn cable for my blon 03 and while i'm loving this tangle-free life, much like the stock cable, the preformed earhook curves way too much
BNFnGjm.jpg

... is there any way i can loosen up the curve? the end of the earhook practically digs into the bottom of my ear. it's not really the most comfortable feeling out there.

edit: just read Post #2869, maybe i'll give that a shot

Is there a 2 pin cable that doesn't have preformed ear hooks? I want to wear my iem drop down, is there a good cable that allows that flexibility

Or is there a hack to straighten the preformed ear hooks?

i actually ripped apart the earhooks on my stock blon 03 cables using a xacto knife because it kept getting tangled up. was a bit time consuming though and i regretted it in the end lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back