Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
May 9, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #1,411 of 9,223
I noticed a change just the KZ SPC upgrade cable on my ZS7. That cable was $11 when the ZS6 came out...I wouldn’t spend more than $50 on a $50 iem unless you really just want to, cable 130 looks pretty nice...and I love the ZS7..

there is a limit of details you can bring out: zs7 limit.
of course you'll get lower sound degradation when using a better cable, but differences are subtle. if you only own zs7, i'd say you can find decent cables below $30.
buying a more expensive cable, above $50, would only be justified if you plan to purchase higher resolving iems, or if you have some iems like zs7 and want to try a very good cable with them in order to judge the improvement yourself.

Thanks both of youfor answering.
So i have been looking at these to cables

First the one slater recommended https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32969136508
And
SEK 167.36 57%OFF | NICEHCK MMCX/2Pin Connector 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Balanced 8 Core High Purity Copper Cable For TRN V80 AS10 ZS10 BA10 NICEHCK M6 N3 NK10
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bHmI4GD2

This is cable 053 right?

which one of these to would you choose/ recommend me? Or do you have another recommendation, i could spend some more cash on the cable but say max 50$

May 9, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #1,412 of 9,223

And
SEK 167.36 57%OFF | NICEHCK MMCX/2Pin Connector 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Balanced 8 Core High Purity Copper Cable For TRN V80 AS10 ZS10 BA10 NICEHCK M6 N3 NK10

This is cable 053 right?

which one of these to would you choose/ recommend me? Or do you have another recommendation, i could spend some more cash on the cable but say max 50$
i'd go for the 1st one (i don't own it, though). better plugs, quality of conductor could be better, although worse conductivity

May 9, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #1,413 of 9,223
:p

B236446A-A9E9-4B3C-9A06-5735A030DB20.jpeg

May 9, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #1,414 of 9,223
i'd go for the 1st one (i don't own it, though). better plugs, quality of conductor could be better, although worse conductivity

Wait, according to your database, the ~$10 8-core NiceHCK one with the carbon fiber plugs (060) has “best conductivity” and “acceptable sound”, than the ~$10 8-core NiceHCK one with the curvy metal plugs (053), which has “noticeably worse sound”

Or am I wrong about that?

Also, @Trisse can’t use 053 because it is made for recessed plugs. That’s why I recommended 060 to him.

May 9, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #1,415 of 9,223
Wait, according to your database, the ~$10 8-core NiceHCK one with the carbon fiber plugs (060) has “best conductivity” and “acceptable sound”, than the ~$10 8-core NiceHCK one with the curvy metal plugs (053), which has “noticeably worse sound”

Or am I wrong about that?

Also, @Trisse can’t use 053 because it is made for recessed plugs. That’s why I recommended 060 to him.
cable 060 has got worse conductivity than cable 053. i noticed some sound degradation when testing 053 sound (however, it is good for the price when lower than $14).
i haven't listened to cable 060 for long. it will probably show same degradation, but hey.. it can be bought for less than $7.

anyway, the cables he was suggesting this time were:
1. https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bK11uXkk (the spc cable you suggested some pages ago; he just put a wrong link)
2. cable 053.
and i've suggested to get the 1st cable (the one you linked at, which i don't own) over 053, because they are similar price now, plugs are better in 1, and quality of the wire is probably better

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #1,416 of 9,223
cable 060 has got worse conductivity than cable 053. i noticed some sound degradation when testing 053 sound (however, it is good for the price when lower than $14).
i haven't listened to cable 060 for long. it will probably show same degradation, but hey.. it can be bought for less than $7.

anyway, the cables he was suggesting this time were:
1. https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bK11uXkk (the spc cable you suggested some pages ago; he just put a wrong link)
2. cable 053.
and i've suggested to get the 1st cable (the one you linked at, which i don't own) over 053, because they are similar price now, plugs are better in 1, and quality of the wire is probably better

Ah ok I understand now.

Yeah, if I had the choice I would go with the #1 option.

May 9, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #1,417 of 9,223

And

This is cable 053 right?

wait, if you are willing to afford $50, you can get my fav cable (from my list, about sound, except of cable 165, which is growing to me a lot) 125 for around $55 during these sales.
although it has protruding 2pins, i use it with no issues on most kzs (just a bit longer plug)

May 9, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #1,418 of 9,223
wait, if you are willing to afford $50, you can get my fav cable (from my list, about sound, except of cable 165, which is growing to me a lot) 125 for around $55 during these sales.
although it has protruding 2pins, i use it with no issues on most kzs (just a bit longer plug)

Have you been able to conclude preference of 125 over 128 ?

May 10, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #1,420 of 9,223
Where can i find cable 125 for 55? When i look at the links In spoiler 1 i only see it for over 100$?

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #1,421 of 9,223
conclusions after last ab round up of my favorite cables.
used "denmark" theme from "come with us" (the chemical brothers). same gear than usual.

my new favorite in terms of sound is cable 165.
i've sometimes got impressed with a new cable, and thought it could be better than 125. but after a while, i usually end with 125.
in this case, first impression has grown up after critical listening. sound with 165 is the cleanest i've listened; definition is so good, that separation, imaging, even soundstage look increased, compared to 125.
it's 3x resistivity than 125. but +130mΩ shouldn't be critical in most cases. anyway, 190mΩ of cable 165 is in my desired limit of resistance (<200mΩ).
this confirms that quality of conductor material matters. i doubt the wire is from neotech, but it could be 7n up-occ as advertised, perfectly.

next are 125 and 128, there are slight differences of sound, but can't prefer one over the other. 125 will pair better with bright signatures, 128 with dark ones, although highs detail is good enough in 125, and bass boldness is good enough in 128.
i prefer the jack of 128, eidolic styled, over 125, furutech styled (you all know my preference about this, but had to state it again).

and then, the rest. it's pendent a more detailed listening to compare these cables, and some others that could be great as well (this time focused 165, 125, 128, mainly). but confirmed that 130 (nicehck silver and gold plated) is an all rounder (clean sound, the most flexible from the most conductive, build quality, etc.). i still much like 133 (gu craftsman) and 151 (isn audio h16). 160 (acrolink) has fallen a bit after critical listening (first impression was great), but still a very good one. and about 140 (nicehck gn-occ), found small details loss at some highs frequencies, but sound also deserves to be in my top list by its own (besides of its great lightness and flexibility).

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #1,422 of 9,223
conclusions after last ab round up of my favorite cables.
used "denmark" theme from "come with us" (the chemical brothers). same gear than usual.

my new favorite in terms of sound is cable 165.
i've sometimes got impressed with a new cable, and thought it could be better than 125. but after a while, i usually end with 125.
in this case, first impression has grown up after critical listening. sound with 165 is the cleanest i've listened; definition is so good, that separation, imaging, even soundstage look increased, compared to 125.
it's 3x resistivity than 125. but +130mΩ shouldn't be critical in most cases. anyway, 190mΩ of cable 165 is in my desired limit of resistance (<200mΩ).
this confirms that quality of conductor material matters. i doubt the wire is from neotech, but it could be 7n up-occ as advertised, perfectly.

next are 125 and 128, there are slight differences of sound, but can't prefer one over the other. 125 will pair better with bright signatures, 128 with dark ones, although highs detail is good enough in 125, and bass boldness is good enough in 128.
i prefer the jack of 128, eidolic styled, over 125, furutech styled (you all know my preference about this, but had to state it again).

and then, the rest. it's pendent a more detailed listening to compare these cables, and some others that could be great as well (this time focused 165, 125, 128, mainly). but confirmed that 130 (nicehck silver and gold plated) is an all rounder (clean sound, the most flexible from the most conductive, build quality, etc.). i still much like 133 (gu craftsman) and 151 (isn audio h16). 160 (acrolink) has fallen a bit after critical listening (first impression was great), but still a very good one. and about 140 (nicehck gn-occ), found small details loss at some highs frequencies, but sound also deserves to be in my top list by its own (besides of its great lightness and flexibility).
How much was the 165 when you bought it?

May 13, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #1,424 of 9,223
This cable looks extremely promising (especially for the price), what do you guys think of it ?

HTB160AiQNTpK1RjSZR0q6zEwXXa8.jpg

HTB1mtAlQMHqK1RjSZFgq6y7JXXaP.jpg

Also, I appreciate the "honestly" of the seller at the end of its page description :

"Many people ask me about 500 yuan to buy what wire is good, I strongly recommend Bandung pure single crystal copper. I don't know how deep the water is in the industry. Now Taobao is full of pure silver, pure gold, 8 cores and 16 cores, but the price is terribly low. Three or four hundred yuan can buy a so-called eight-core pure silver wire, I can tell you responsibly that these are not pure single crystal copper and silver, are poor quality wire base produced by Dongguan Wire Factory, many of these manufacturers look for us to cooperate, we refuse. Good upgrade line base must be pure, at present only Bandung has the production of single crystal copper, there is no domestic production of single crystal copper equipment, are enameled copper, oxygen-free copper overflowing, a variety of people can not be prevented. Pure line base is the foundation of a good upgrade line, which affects the sound of headphones and even the sound of the whole music system. Bandung is not necessarily the best upgrading line in the world, but it must be pure single crystal copper upgrading line. What is HIFI playing? Is it patchwork to catch up with fashion? Or piled material knitting hemp rope? None of them! HIFI is playing with exquisite, authentic authenticity, genuine pure sound."

May 13, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #1,425 of 9,223
This cable looks extremely promising (especially for the price), what do you guys think of it ?

HTB160AiQNTpK1RjSZR0q6zEwXXa8.jpg

HTB1mtAlQMHqK1RjSZFgq6y7JXXaP.jpg

Also, I appreciate the "honestly" of the seller at the end of its page description :

"Many people ask me about 500 yuan to buy what wire is good, I strongly recommend Bandung pure single crystal copper. I don't know how deep the water is in the industry. Now Taobao is full of pure silver, pure gold, 8 cores and 16 cores, but the price is terribly low. Three or four hundred yuan can buy a so-called eight-core pure silver wire, I can tell you responsibly that these are not pure single crystal copper and silver, are poor quality wire base produced by Dongguan Wire Factory, many of these manufacturers look for us to cooperate, we refuse. Good upgrade line base must be pure, at present only Bandung has the production of single crystal copper, there is no domestic production of single crystal copper equipment, are enameled copper, oxygen-free copper overflowing, a variety of people can not be prevented. Pure line base is the foundation of a good upgrade line, which affects the sound of headphones and even the sound of the whole music system. Bandung is not necessarily the best upgrading line in the world, but it must be pure single crystal copper upgrading line. What is HIFI playing? Is it patchwork to catch up with fashion? Or piled material knitting hemp rope? None of them! HIFI is playing with exquisite, authentic authenticity, genuine pure sound."

That’s why I don’t believe all of the claims of 7N, single crystal, pure silver, cryogenic, solid gold, rainbow pixie dust, unicorn farts, etc.

There’s no way to prove any of it.

Best to just get a cable that you like the looks of and that fits your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back