Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Sep 13, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #8,626 of 9,225
I bought the xhins "XINHS 8 strands of silver-purple single crystal copper plated with silver" with the connectors for the Sennheiser ie200, before I had the Tripowin Zonie and Nicehck c16-2 and it seems that the Xinhs sound a bit thinner compared to the others, the treble is more sharp, maybe unnatural. Is that nomal? I found this with the faael and nicehck c16-3 cable too.

Maybe it's placebo, I know it's a cheap cable, but I wanted a thinner cable with less weight.

Sep 13, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #8,627 of 9,225
I bought the xhins "XINHS 8 strands of silver-purple single crystal copper plated with silver" with the connectors for the Sennheiser ie200, before I had the Tripowin Zonie and Nicehck c16-2 and it seems that the Xinhs sound a bit thinner compared to the others, the treble is more sharp, maybe unnatural. Is that nomal? I found this with the faael and nicehck c16-3 cable too.

Maybe it's placebo, I know it's a cheap cable, but I wanted a thinner cable with less weight.
Nope, no placebo. That material mix is known to reduce bass and enhance treble.
I bought such a cable especially for that reason to pair it with a warm IEM.
You can always ask XINHS they will help you out and they also recommended such a cable for my usecase.
If you want a thick sound better look for pure copper.

I also own this one which does not seem to reduce bass and is less energetic up top
Ergonomic wise it´s one of my favourites because its very light and well built.
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005..._main.179.578e18026nIJsg&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #8,628 of 9,225
NiceHCK BlackSoul arrived and really like it. Only did one cable swap on Juzear Clear to check if it wasn't faulty. Sounded slightly fuller in the mids. Impressed by that as the stock Juzear cable was good to begin with.Probably all confirmation bias, but it handles well and looks nice too. So I might pick another one up on 11/11. :L3000:

Sep 13, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #8,629 of 9,225
NiceHCK BlackSoul arrived and really like it. Only did one cable swap on Juzear Clear to check if it wasn't faulty. Sounded slightly fuller in the mids. Impressed by that as the stock Juzear cable was good to begin with.Probably all confirmation bias, but it handles well and looks nice too. So I might pick another one up on 11/11. :L3000:
The BlackSoul is nicely tuned, with full bass and soft treble. For the sale price it’s a really useful cable, especially if you have any treble sensitivity. I’m currently using it on the Penon Fan, but might give it a try on the Clear.

Sep 13, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #8,630 of 9,225
The BlackSoul is nicely tuned, with full bass and soft treble. For the sale price it’s a really useful cable, especially if you have any treble sensitivity. I’m currently using it on the Penon Fan, but might give it a try on the Clear.
Everything is like that. But there is one drawback - insufficient transparency and detail in comparison even with cheap NiceHCK MeetAlice.

Sep 13, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #8,631 of 9,225
Everything is like that. But there is one drawback - insufficient transparency and detail in comparison even with cheap NiceHCK MeetAlice.
I have to disagree with that, I find it to be the other way around.
As much as I want to like MeetAlice, it sucks the life out of my iems and both of mine are currently sitting unused - definitely wouldn't recommend.

Sep 14, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #8,632 of 9,225
I have to disagree with that, I find it to be the other way around.
As much as I want to like MeetAlice, it sucks the life out of my iems and both of mine are currently sitting unused - definitely wouldn't recommend.
Yes, MeetAlice makes the sound colder. It's a question of preferences. Balance of fun/analytics shifted to analytics. But the bass with MeetAlice is very tight with very good attack, the treble is restrained, with less overtones.

Sep 16, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #8,633 of 9,225
PSA because several people have asked about this xinhs silver palladium plated cable. If anyone’s still thinking about it, it’s going on sale again soon.

Plenty of impressions from me and others here and on several iem threads.

IMG_8789.jpeg

Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005357155557.html

(I don’t benefit from this btw - I already own it and I paid a bit more than this for it)

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #8,634 of 9,225
Tripowin Zonie now comes in two more colours, moss and blue. So if you didn't like grey or gold you have more options.
Tripowin-Zonie-16-Core-Silver-Plated-Cable-SPC-Earphone-Cable-QDC-MMCX-2-PIN-FOR-KZ.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Tripowin-Zonie-16-Core-Silver-Plated-Cable-SPC-Earphone-Cable-QDC-MMCX-2-PIN-FOR-KZ.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp
got the Zonie in Moss , sound quality better or a better flavor at least for me then Tripowin Mirage and Tripowin Zoe ( which I have too ) , still have to burn in , I see why it is so widespread ( great balance )

Sep 18, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #8,636 of 9,225
Sep 18, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #8,637 of 9,225
Please save me from reading through 500 pages of "stuff". Why do most stock or budget banger cables seem to use PVC for the dielectric. No self proclaimed audiofool would be caught with a PVC encased cable anywhere near their speaker based stereo system.

Are their any PE or better dielectrics to be found on a nice sounding copper cable. Any recs guys?

The silver plated stuff, again, would not be found in a decent stereo system for the most part. Of course there are the exceptions, but generally.

Sep 19, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #8,638 of 9,225
Please save me from reading through 500 pages of "stuff". Why do most stock or budget banger cables seem to use PVC for the dielectric. No self proclaimed audiofool would be caught with a PVC encased cable anywhere near their speaker based stereo system.

Are their any PE or better dielectrics to be found on a nice sounding copper cable. Any recs guys?

The silver plated stuff, again, would not be found in a decent stereo system for the most part. Of course there are the exceptions, but generally.
For $50 and less? I dont think so. Search for UPOCC Single Crystal Copper and the price ranges between $70 - $100 with no silver, something like KBEAR Pure 2 Core UPOCC...

Sep 19, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #8,639 of 9,225
For $50 and less? I dont think so. Search for UPOCC Single Crystal Copper and the price ranges between $70 - $100 with no silver, something like KBEAR Pure 2 Core UPOCC...
Thanks for the info

And THIS is the problem. You don't need to spend $$$ in the stereo speaker world to get very good, yet somehow many people think they do.

$100 cable for $110 IEM, Nope!

I suppose this is as good enough a reason for me to stay off the cable merry-go-round.

Sep 19, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #8,640 of 9,225
Thanks for the info

And THIS is the problem. You don't need to spend $$$ in the stereo speaker world to get very good, yet somehow many people think they do.

$100 cable for $110 IEM, Nope!

I suppose this is as good enough a reason for me to stay off the cable merry-go-round.
So true, until you believe that a cable is a good investment and some say "no it's not a placebo"... sorry but if your iem doesn't sound good, you buy another one, the cable will just make you regret spending money on something that doesn't improve the sound...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Jcor
Back